Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 3:03 pm

Perhaps I went overboard there , in my response to that ~ apparently European ~ but , ni my position , being told " Why don't you use your E-Bay account (I DON'T HAVE ONE!) and buy a cheap MP3 player , and then chilloutski in l'hopital !" by that dimwad really gets on my tits . I don't even have an official shipping address , now (I might ~ or might not ~ be able to get things at General Delivery . Even if I had the money ~ 3 months in advance ~ for a P.O. box now , I don't even know if the USPS would take my two forms of picture I.D. !) Really , being told " Why don't you assemble a personalized MP3 playlist ?...I suppose he wasn't American , and doesn't remember Dick Cheney announcing " Isn'yt E-Bay great , you can sell things on it if you need a little money " , or like that . Get off my dick . Motherf***er .
(This was supposed to be an additional response , but I pushed the wrong button , and I can't/do'wanna retype it again .)

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 11:33 am

Nobody can do what you are asking, but we all do care. If you send me the address of your rehab place after your surgery, I would love to send you cookies.Maybe others would send a favorite book or something. People DO care.

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2014, 12:07 pm

mate, I obviously massively upset you and that wasn't my intention.

eBay was just a suggestion; it doesn't have to be eBay or even online. Just anywhere which sells 2nd-hand electronic goods will do, and that could be a shop in town. Admittedly, I didn't think of you not having a shipping address and that was my mistake - I'm making them constantly at the moment. In which case if you could pay by cash and pick it up in person, that'd obviously be better. Do you live in a town or city? If so there should be listed ads, which will be published online (craigslist is a major listings site) or inside local/regional newspapers.

I know it's not easy and I don't mean to imply it is.

I also don't think hospital is a "chillout" place or a "spa". I stayed at Luton & Dunstable hospital: it's pretty much the dictionary definition of "grotty NHS hospital". I didn't have a great time there; in fact much of it was pretty awful. But it was a warm roof over my head and I did get three meals a day. It was a "respite" in the sense it got me out of the parental home for a week or two, not a respite in the sense of staying in a 5-star hotel. I personally don't see how staying in hospital could be worse than sleeping on the streets, but then I'm not in your shoes and there's probably loads of stuff I don't know about.

I hope I haven't wound you up even further. I'm not trying to upset or antagonise you. If you did get a rehab place after the op, I could maybe send you a little something as well.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 6:25 pm

...I belatedly saw this . Nice .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 3:26 pm

...I will say that I tend to be very cynical regarding people who say " I'll do this in the future " , my life's experience is that , almost without exception , when people say " I'll do this later/come back later " they NEVER follow it up :cry: .
They feel that expressing the claim/promise the first time finishes it off . :(

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 3:40 pm

It's understandable. I can't pretend a lot of people don't make well-meaning promises but then forget about them when life gets in the way.

I don't know vickygleitz personally, but my feeling from seeing her posts is that she will do what she said she would. However, you probably will need to PM her first, with the address of the rehab place.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 3:49 pm

...When I was in jail , statements were made about writing me (the only ~ likely , anyway ~ way I could receive communication while in jail) ~ Exactly one person who was not in contact with me before did .

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 4:10 pm

Yeah, people can be a bit sucky when it comes to keeping in touch :/

I'm not perfect at it myself and will sometimes let emails and PMs slide by for ages. Think it's a bit different when you're talking about writing to somebody in prison who has no contact with the outside world, though. There are people who care and who won't let you down; it's finding them that can be the almost impossible part.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 5:50 pm

...The possibility now exists that I'll be able to set up the hospital stay this week .
Whoopee .
I mean , it's what I've been wsupposedly " wanting " for months now ~ And it'll , on a material level , get me hots & a cot ~ whoopee ~ I'll be there for Christmas and , likely , my birthday ~ However , Christmas , basically , has (materially sucked for me basically for many years now :( .
I know I'm not , really , going to hhave anybody visit me :( .
Maybe I won't have my books ($1/ library bookstore books , but still) swept up and disappearing , as theydo in the shelter :( .

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 6:39 pm

Maybe we share the same birthday <_<. Mine is on Jan 19th.

I hope the possiblity of a hospital stay turns into reality. Sometimes I think it's the endless waiting which is the worst part...

Has anyone said that they would visit you...? :-/ If they have, then I really hope that they do it.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 6:33 pm

...I am planning to go in tonight . It would be nice to get visits .
I will hint/rey at a church I've gone to some , but...?????
I am RUSHING this out , I am going in TONIGHT , Aunt Blabby may post about me .
" Gimp "-land - :( - here I come !

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 6:57 pm

If you were at Luton & Dunstable or Stoke Mandeville hospital, then I'd visit you... :-/

I don't know when you next be able to post if you are going in tonight - hopefully there'll be some way you can get online while you're in hospital.

Best of luck! I'll be thinking of you and hoping the operation goes well.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 7:31 pm

I get the feeling they have online facilities in hospitals.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 2:53 pm

...We were certainly quarreling , NCOT , but it's nice we're getting along better now :) .
However , briefly ,, the Seattle hospital appears to have turned against me , and I did not get admitted . :(
They wwere sort of obsessive about " You have to go through the proper entryways " , briefly , which is hard when you're homeless ! :cry:
I was a bit sick of Seattle (underststement - six days out of seven grey skies) , but , I thought it would be worth it for the operation ~ Now I;'m not , I guess , going to get it . Now what ? :cry:

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 5:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I get the feeling they have online facilities in hospitals.

Haven't stayed in Luton & Dunstable, mate >_>.

Would imagine US hospitals manage to have wifi in the wards, though.

ASS-P wrote:
...We were certainly quarreling , NCOT , but it's nice we're getting along better now :) .
However , briefly ,, the Seattle hospital appears to have turned against me , and I did not get admitted . :(
They wwere sort of obsessive about " You have to go through the proper entryways " , briefly , which is hard when you're homeless ! :cry:
I was a bit sick of Seattle (underststement - six days out of seven grey skies) , but , I thought it would be worth it for the operation ~ Now I;'m not , I guess , going to get it . Now what ? :cry:

That... sucks :?

I don't get what they mean by the "proper entryways". Who told you you would be having the operation? Somebody needs to get on their case, and bug them about it. Is there anyone from a Seattle-based homeless, autism or advocacy charity who could advocate on your behalf? Or at least give you some advice on what to do next!

Don't give up. It would be nice to find somebody who can navigate the bureaucratic maze for you, but if not, keep on bugging the hospital yourself!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 3:53 pm

...Briefly, NCOT~ when I went in Wed. for what I thought would be the long stay,I neverdid get tothat church before ~ I hadalottodo,and I went intoan opposite direction,where I bought somecomic books and sorta pigged out at McDonaldsso getting up along busride upahillwasn'tdoable ~ I guesscomic booksaremy god,eh ????????? As ifwedidn'tallknow that <SIZZLE !>(lightning bolt goes by)
It didn' thit me :lol: !