Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 5:42 pm

Has anyone seen this 90's retelling of the 60's Addams Family series? I rather like it. Both series have their merits and it has just as many episodes as the original.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 6:05 pm

Duuuude...dude! Way to bring back some nostalgia. I used to watch 'The New Addams Family' in a block with 'Goosebumps' and 'Big Wolf on Campus' every weekday on Fox Family Channel when I got home from middle school. Once ABC took over the channel, all that stuff was gone and I never saw them again. Curse you, Disney! :x

The original series is classic, but I have to admit that 'New' was pretty good, even if it was essentially a direct clone (they even remade quite a few episodes from the first series). The cast were all really good, and if there's anything which I would say 'New' improved upon, it was making Wednesday older and giving her a more prominent role (even though they were pretty much copying the Wednesday from the movies).

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 10:27 pm

Never seen it, but I just bought the complete original series (and the two films from the 1990s) on DVD, and since there isn't a huge amount of episodes, I imagine I'll be interested in other shows after I blow through it. The New Addams Family apparently isn't on DVD, but every episode seems to be on YouTube. Going by the episode titles, I assume they're remakes of the original episodes. That's a shame; my least favorite episodes of the 1988 Mission: Impossible were the ones that were remakes of episodes from the 1966 series.

There're also a couple of Addams Family animated shows, one from 1973 and another from 1992. I've never seen the former and have been told that it's awful, but I have vague memories of watching and enjoying the latter when I was a kid. Shame that only the former seems to be available on DVD, and neither is on YouTube.

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2014, 4:12 am

I remember it. I thought it was pretty good when I was a kid, but now that I've seen the 1960s version I prefer it over the new one.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...