Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

little_blue_jay
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2014, 5:45 pm

I'm so sorry about your bunny :(

Sounds like the vet really didn't handle this well with you at all. At least at the end of the visit a vet should clearly ask if you understand all of the options of the pet's care, and do you have any questions, etc. to give you an opportunity to ask about suffering, euthanasia, etc.

Hugs

AQ score: 47
RAADS-R score: 196

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 5:53 pm

I am so sorry you lost your rabbit and that the communication with the vet was so confusing. It is especially confusing when we are emotionally hurting and as Spectrumites it's hard enough to communicate to begin with.
Big Hug. :heart:

Wreck It Ralph

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 8:02 pm

BlueYellowBrownGreen wrote:
How do you defend yourself against someone who behaved unethically towards you and then they justify their actions it by saying that it was simply a "lapse in communication" and "a misunderstanding". What phrases can you say to counter these excuses?

There just ISN'T a way to defend yourself----no phrases, etc. You just tell yourself that you'll never deal with that person, again. You said it yourself: "justify their actions"----people do that to "shut you down"----meaning, so you can't say anything, more, no.1; and no.2, like in this case, to protect themselves from a possible lawsuit.

I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your pet rabbit. I hope you'll be feeling better, real soon.

BlueYellowBrownGreen
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2014, 11:36 pm

Thank you again for all the replies. :)

That is true about an unethical person trying to shut someone down; they use terms like lapse of communication. It is about them protecting themselves.

I found the vet visit confusing because the vet was not forthright with me; she did not tell me that my pet was very sick and likely to die. I don't always find communication confusing.

I will even be more aware now; I will ask even more questions. It is horrible when you are in the underdog position and someone takes advantage of your vulnerability.

I have to be even more aware and on my guard now.

Thank you everyone! :heart: Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! If you don't celebrate Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy Winter! :heart: