Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 5:27 pm

Okay, okay. I am an X-Files freak. Or an X-Phile as we are called. I am currently VERY content because I have all nine seasons on DVD as well as the movie and am quite able to have my own Files marathons :D

Well, just wanting to know if anyone else was into X-Files.

Oh, and just wanted to say on the description for this forum section when it mentions the X-Files and Moulder, just wanted to say his name is spelled MULDER. :)

I am a nitpick. Ah, but I love the Files. *sigh*

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 5:39 pm

I haven't seen it since Moulder and Scully. It hasn't been on TV here, either.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 5:39 pm

Me too, sort off.... I've got all the DVDs too (mind you, I've got all the DVDs to most things it seems.... :)) I think it started to get a bit naff from about series 5 or 6 onwards though, and I just completely lost interest by series 8. The fact that they ultimately never bothered to fully explain anything, even in the last series, grated somewhat, too.....

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 8:47 pm

I can't exactly afford buying stuff, I remember X-Files. After Mulder left (or whatever happened), it got kind of boring.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2005, 11:13 am

I don't really like the X-files. There's something bout Mulder I don't like, and Scully NEVER smiles. And I saw this episode where Scully got kidnapped by a psycho, and I wondered why she was so helpless and had to get saved by Mulder when she was suppposed to be trained to handle that sort of thing. And there wasn't one bit of paranormal stuff in that episode.

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2005, 10:45 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2005, 9:15 pm

The circus one was called Humbug. Excellent.

My personal favorite episodes are:

-Post-Modern Prometheus (the black and white one in Season 5)
-How the Ghosts Stole Christmas (in Season 6)
-Hollywood A.D. (in Season 7)
-Millenium (in Season 7 where they brought in the Millenium series into the millenium New Year's episode)

Those are my favorite. And for #1, I am particularly tied between the first two I listed.

Yes, I agree, the series really faded when David Duchovny didn't want to do anymore seasons and instead pursue his movie-acting career (we all know how that is going atm, lol) and they made the deal to have him in only some of the episodes. But I still watched it. And I recorded every one faithfully on VHS from the beginning of Season Six onwards (which was when I got interested).

I have all the VHS tapes they came out with: selected episodes on VHS from Seasons 1-4. And now have all the DVD Seasons as I said earlier. I also happen to have the movie on VHS and DVD. Only because I bought it first on VHS and then it was given to me on DVD by my father who didn't know I already had it.

Oh, and yes, the Eugene Tooms episodes are great. So is Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

*take breath* Sorry. Rambled. I just get so into it.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

CheckEngine
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2005, 12:55 pm

I was a huge X-Files fan up until Season 8. Then it got really stupid.

--Calvin "Calvin and Hobbes"

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2006, 2:18 pm

Humbug is my favorite; the parasitic twin villain is my favorite character.

vk2goh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2013, 7:12 am

season 1 to season 6 is quality television. From then on, barring some season 8 episodes, the series goes downhill

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 2:36 pm

Chris Carter started out with a vision, and it never really worked out. The "Mytharc" was an accident, and tore itself apart by "731". That said, "Two Fathers/One Son" would have made a great finale, if not a movie. Would have been better than the movie actually.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 1:44 am

I absolutely consider The X-Files to have been one of the all time great science fiction/horror TV series ever wrought by man! My wife told me she had tried watching it alone, before she and I had met, and had gotten so scared she had to change the channel. She only became a fan when she watched it with me.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 10:54 am

Did someone say "The X-Files?"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My favorite episode is "Ice."

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 12:45 pm

I've seen every episode and the movies. It's one of my favorite shows ever. I have good memories watching it with my grandpa when I was little and I watched the entire series again not too long ago, It's still as great as ever.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

msrockymthigh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 May 2013, 9:35 pm

Big X-Files fan here too. Have all seasons on DVD. Have to agree that season 9 was loser. There were some okay episodes, but thet weren't great. That being said, that Brady Bunch episode near the end of that season was kind of humorous. I always have like the two part season seven episode "closure" in which Mulder finally learns the truth about his sister. And that Krychek always seemed to come out of nowhere, didn't he? I also like season three's "pusher" where Scully, Mulder and the other guy (can't recall his name) are sitting around that table in the hospital and Mulder points the gun at himself, then at Scully and finally the bad dude.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2013, 6:58 am

As far as I'm concerned, you're all infected.

Great show.