Star Wars the force awakens teaser your thoughts

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Princess Adora
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2014, 2:29 am

Just wondering have any of you guys seen the teaser for the new Star Wars movie if you so what do you think,are you looking forward to seeing the movie?

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 3:16 am

It looks like... a Star Wars movie.

I liked Abrams' two Star Trek movies quite a bit, especially the second one. I don't particularly care about Star Wars, but this new one will undoubtedly be better than the previous three, which had embarrassing acting and writing.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 4:05 am

Jory wrote:

I liked Abrams' two Star Trek movies quite a bit, especially the second one. I don't particularly care about Star Wars, but this new one will undoubtedly be better than the previous three, which had embarrassing acting and writing.

Well, I'm opposite to you. I liked the three newer Star Wars movies very much, all of which were much better than Star Wars 6, which was a complete mess. Empire Strikes Back will always be the best Star Wars movie.
Abram's first Star Trek was a total disregard for all the science and logic of every preceding Star Trek movie and series and so I have very little optimism for what he intends to do with the Star Wars franchise.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 4:12 am

I looked up a preview on youtube, not sure if it is the one you saw. But looks like it could be pretty good...I have seen all the star-wars movies not super into it but I have enjoyed it. My brother and one of his good friends, also sorta my friend to are way into star wars so I will not be suprised when they try very hard to convince me to go see it in the theater with them.

Princess Adora
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2014, 4:31 am

progaspie wrote:
Jory wrote:

Well, I'm opposite to you. I liked the three newer Star Wars movies very much, all of which were much better than Star Wars 6, which was a complete mess. Empire Strikes Back will always be the best Star Wars movie.
Abram's first Star Trek was a total disregard for all the science and logic of every preceding Star Trek movie and series and so I have very little optimism for what he intends to do with the Star Wars franchise.

I agree i am one of the very few that liked the new ones (with the exception of the phantom menace which wasn't that great) but I cannot really judge how the new one will turn out but I know that I heard that some people are divided about that sith lords lightsaber design in the teaser though.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 12:25 pm

The red light sabre looks impractical. Using the cross guard in a duel would result in sparks to fly about an inch away from your hand.

The film looks promising.

bataspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Nov 2014, 1:54 pm

I hate what Abrams did to Star Trek, he completely missed what made Star Trek great, although admitted he never liked Stat Trek, so I've been cautious about his involvement with Star Wars.

That said, the reasons Star Trek were awful good be good signs for Star Wars (I think Abrams did terrible Star Trek films but they were good Sci-fi films)

As far as the trailer goes it does have Abrams style all over it but you can't judge a book by it's cover so certainly can't judge a film by an 88 second teaser.

Not sure how I feel about the lightsabre, especially it's rough look and my final thought on the trailer is that Lando Calrissian never fixed the Falcon after his 'ding' in the Death Star! 30 years have gone by, he can't be that busy!

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 3:23 pm

seeing the millenium falcon brought a smile to my face.

I didnt like what Abrams did with Star Trek, so not holding my breath for this either.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 1:03 am

Not really feeling anything about it yet.

Not enough shown, other than light versus dark, and recycling designs from the OT.

(I'm a massive PT fan in addition to the OT.)

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2014, 4:25 pm

It still sucks that Disney made the entire Extended Universe non-canon. :evil:

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 5:28 am

I know a lot of people don't like it, but I'm a fan of the bastard lightsabre (looks just like a medieval hand and a half sword, also known as the bastard sword).

It invokes some Arthur imagery to me.

Princess Adora
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2014, 5:33 am

Dillogic wrote:
I know a lot of people don't like it, but I'm a fan of the bastard lightsabre (looks just like a medieval hand and a half sword, also known as the bastard sword).

It invokes some Arthur imagery to me.

Thats exactly what It reminded of aswell,I know some people don't like it but i think it looks interesting.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 9:28 am

Being old enough to remember standing in line at midnight to see Episode I, and to remember the crushing realization that it sucked donkey ballz, I am naturally wary. However, I'm also cautiously optimistic because Lucas is no longer at the helm.
That new lightsaber makes no sense as a weapon, however. Who would want to swing that thing around? You'd probably end up severing your own sword hand.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 9:35 am

Seeing the Falcon and the X-Wings flying so close to the deck leads me to believe that there will be some truly amazing CGI effects!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2014, 1:42 pm

Fnord wrote:
Seeing the Falcon and the X-Wings flying so close to the deck leads me to believe that there will be some truly amazing CGI effects!

My worry is that it will be at expense of genuine storytelling, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

Personally I think the "broadsaber" is ridiculous (the idea could have been better designed) and shows that the franchise has devolved to being about new lightsaber gimmicks rather than, you know, telling a story with broad heroic-archetypical themes.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2014, 5:22 pm

Just saw it. Epic.