Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

bguimaraes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2014, 12:14 pm

Hey, it's me again. It seems I'm getting worse. I've been having panic attacks since friday, 4 times until today. I think that's it at least. Perhaps my year-end anxiety. I have the feeling of an asthma attack, but isn't, I can't breathe, I start to sweat, and it seems that the walls of the house are all coming close in my direction. I feel suffocated, It makes me want to cry, but I can't: what I find worse. The only things that calm me, is going to an open place, or swing from front to back, until it slowly pass, which is very strange and I confess that I am ashamed to tell this to anyone I know personally. I stopped taking all my meds, the last med was Zoloft, which I stopped for at least 1 month. I'm tired of having to take medications, I want to take a life as "normal as possible", without medicine, these crisis that I don't even know what is... A sensible view of what to do right now, I REALLY need. Can't handle one more "panic attack" :(

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 12:37 pm

Try Magnesium - 250mg per day taken with supper or before bed. It worked for my general anxiety and doesn't have the side effects Zoloft does. Google "magnesium for anxiety" for more info.

(of course check with your MD before starting any new med/supplement)