What are feminists opininions on women who beat their men?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 10:46 pm

I am kinda curious about this since women have been oppressed by men for thousands of years because of the patriarchy, what are their thoughts on beating men and oppressing men? Would it be mission occomplished? Or simply look the other way like it never happens, and only focus on female victims of domestic violence and rape because it only happens to women like the media shows?Is a woman being abusive and controlling to a man empowerment and showing the patriarchy whats up? Or is it something seen as equally as sick and should be addressed regardless of how many times it is over looked since men are the enemies and not as important as women?men are garbage, worthless and useless and the world would work better without them!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 2:10 am

A well-behaved man shouldn't be beaten.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Dec 2014, 2:11 am

I think most are pretty dismissive of it at best and don't see it as a real problem, the more extreme would probably all but advocate on behalf of it. The problem with feminists in general is that there are so many borderline insane ones especially online that they basically poisons the well for the rest of of them who may be perfectly rational and bring up legitimate issues. Poe's law really does ring true, its hard to tell who is trolling anymore and even the radfem SJWs themselves get duped on the regular by it. Its gotten to the point were sane feminists pretty much have to abandon being called feminists, the word has been hijacked.

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2014, 2:29 am

They aren't a victim if they are male.

Man don't go down the crazy illogical road that is 3rd wave feminism .

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 2:56 am

There are different types of feminists. Some would probably say that men should be beaten just for being men, while others would disagree. It's not a homogeneous movement. Some are radicals, and others ... this is a great cause (feminists with tiny tits and jealous men would most likely disagree):

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 6:35 am

The trouble is, people who SHOUT THE LOUDEST are the ones people pay attention to, even though they're also typically the crazy ones. Whether they be MRA, SJW, GG, TERF... the people who want to discuss an accurate model of reality, rather than a one or two dimensional version, usually get shouted down.

There seems to be this notion that if you're "oppressed", you can't be an "oppressor". Which I'm sure a fair number of black gay men would disagree with, and transgender people who are among the gay community, and women among other women (seriously, women seem to be the worst for demeaning women, going by their magazines...)...

With a lot of feminists, it's like they'll stop punching themselves in the face once other people stop punching them.

http://needsmoremarshmallows.blogspot.co.uk/

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 6:42 am

Magneto wrote:
The trouble is, people who SHOUT THE LOUDEST are the ones people pay attention to, even though they're also typically the crazy ones.

Bingo. Ignoring the crazies is the right thing to do.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Dec 2014, 6:57 am

Magneto wrote:

There seems to be this notion that if you're "oppressed", you can't be an "oppressor". Which I'm sure a fair number of black gay men would disagree with, and transgender people who are among the gay community, and women among other women (seriously, women seem to be the worst for demeaning women, going by their magazines...)...

To be fair, it's more that "the oppressed cannot oppress their oppressor". Still not entirely accurate, but closer to the truth than the "all the world's problems are caused by straight cis white men" caricature, which I don't think I've ever actually seen.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 7:03 am

Well, I'm not a feminist, but I am a woman, so: I think it sucks. Nobody should be hitting anybody. Honestly I think this is a no-brainer.

XFilesGeek
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Dec 2014, 9:04 am

Seeing as you post the same topic every few months, I'm locking this thread.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)