Has my sister a neuropsychological disorder?

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Do you think that my sister has some sort of (developmental) neuropsychological disorder?
Definately yes 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Yes 42%  42%  [ 11 ]
No 42%  42%  [ 11 ]
Definately no 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 26

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 4:37 pm

I may suppose some mental disorders or its traits in my sister.
One of them is schizoid personality disorder. She may be asexual and may do not want to have boyfriend and have not him. I think that asexuality is something positive and not a symptom of mental disorder (schizoidia may be looked as another sort of character, temperament for me).
Another condition which might be present in her case is immature personality. She may behave like 10-years-old child.
She may have some traits of pathological demand avoidance (she may like when others talk about her and she started to walk quite lately, about 14th month of life(?)) and NVLD (some clumsiness, she might have some difficulties with learning to tell the time from the clock).

I have a hope that she has no conduct disorder or antisocial personality.

I know relatively little about my own sister, she may be not so well inclined to me. I rather do not talk with her.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2018, 4:32 pm

My mother was above 32 years old when she bore my sister. I am about 9,5 years younger than my sister.

My sister was not bullied in school, which may decrease risk of being autistic. She will have her 18th birthday for about 4 months. I "can't" talk with her. She still spends very much time with the computer or smartphone.

She may look as someone "in between" me and my brother - for me not autistic (at least in more "classical" ways), but also not "psychotypical" (she may behave as 10-11 years old girl).

My brother might have a girlfriend when he was about 17,5 years old. Since about four years no her colleagues went to our home.

I do not know what she wants to do in adult life. I had no plan for adult life in her current age (17,5 years).

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 5:07 pm

My sister may look pretty neurotypical but I might not exclude even the possibility of "schizoautistic" disorder in her case.

She likes to bake cakes last time (and is rather good in that, I do not do it).

She still spends much of the time with the computer or smartphone(?), in the Internet - the same fact as mentioned in my previous post is still true.

Sometimes she uses bad words. She may look to be rude instead of mentally disabled like I.

My brother said something like that my sister behaves like 10-years-old child when she was about 16 years old.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 12:48 pm

I did not write posts in this topic for more than four years. Now my sister is an adult, she is nearly 22 years old. She presents (at least relatively) worse now than before adulthood. She gives me worse impression than "many" persons with ASD who received Asperger's syndrome diagnosis late in life and recieved social pension (which means that someone is markedly disabled). My sister is often markedly vulgar, even to her mother. My sister does not say so much about herself, it is hard to talk with her. She often complains that it is too loud for her (for example during closing the doors) or that doors are not closed, even for relatively short time. It is annoying and uncomfortable for me (and sometimes also for others). I have relatively mild obesity, probably due to psychotropic drugs prescribed to me by psychiatrists, but she appears to have even larger obesity than me despite the fact that she does not take psychiatric medicines (and have no psychiatric diagnosis or ruling of disability). She probably never worked and did not completed the studies (for some time she had paid studies (600 PLN per month)) and is not studying to get bachelor's or master's degree (I am not certain because she does not talk about her life achievements so much). I completed higher education to get BSc and MSc degrees (but not in so "technical" field) and have social pension and care allowance despite it (due to mental health problems, for example PDD). Parents do practically nothing about her mental health and even rather not help her in the area of getting the job or having higher education. My sister may have very small amount (if any) of money which is not for closer family (but, for example, from working or disability financial benefits). For me she appear to be mentally disabled, if she has not an ASD, it may be even more bad that she presents herself as she presents now (because ASD could be a "justification" of her (even very) poor life performance as adult).