Flat Earth Society and Young Earth Creationists

Page 9 of 11 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 3:32 am

Booyakasha wrote:
The thing is that I know for sure that not a single mod has been deleting your posts here lately - it can be checked in the logs, every time a post has been deleted it can be read there.

And there are too few mods here to actually have the will, time and energy to spend any additional time deleting, editing posts from posters they might consider offending - we either post a public warning or a private warning, or close the thread if things escalate too much.

So really I'm sorry your posts have been lost, but I assure you it's not our fault - we're usually too busy battling the spammers.
Fair enough. Thanks for that.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 11:39 am

Oldavid wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
Can you please tell me are you referring to this site when you say you've been censored? And if so, by whom?

No, I can't as I've not kept records and I have no way of knowing even who could, let alone would, delete my posts. Having said that, it is possible that I've mucked up the send post process on this site and thus lost my effort into the aether. It is very disappointing to have spent considerable time and effort on a reply only to find it vanished.

I know for certain that on other sites I have presented a serious challenge to the status quo and seen it posted and then vanish.

It is not beyond possibility that some hacker is censoring what is allowed, I suppose.

I learned through experience that this site will let you write a post without logging in but if you attempt to post it, it disappears because you aren't logged in. That is likely what happened. I've done it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 8:29 am

That's happened to me, too. It has nothing to do with what you wrote. It's a glitch in the system.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 4:10 pm

Humanaut wrote:
I'm more interested in the time travellers.

The creationist time travellers went back in time to 1,000,000 BC and found nothing, just darkness, then went back to 4,000 BC and there was the world and the stars, and of course, the dinosaurs and they filmed everything on camera. Creationist time travellers prove creationism true, one thing though, the government took their time machine and is locked up in Area 51, talking about persecution of christians, but the time travellers took pictures and they are online.

Well, I just got the basic story to start a movement, anyone wants to join?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 5:14 pm

blunnet wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
I'm more interested in the time travellers.

The creationist time travellers went back in time to 1,000,000 BC and found nothing, just darkness, then went back to 4,000 BC and there was the world and the stars, and of course, the dinosaurs and they filmed everything on camera. Creationist time travellers prove creationism true, one thing though, the government took their time machine and is locked up in Area 51, talking about persecution of christians, but the time travellers took pictures and they are online.

Well, I just got the basic story to start a movement, anyone wants to join?

Sounds cool to me!

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2014, 2:01 pm

Oldavid wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
Can you please tell me are you referring to this site when you say you've been censored? And if so, by whom?

No, I can't as I've not kept records and I have no way of knowing even who could, let alone would, delete my posts. Having said that, it is possible that I've mucked up the send post process on this site and thus lost my effort into the aether. It is very disappointing to have spent considerable time and effort on a reply only to find it vanished.

Before I post a longer message I always select the text and ctrl-c (copy) so that if the forum eats my post, I can just ctrl-v (paste) and try again.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 3:47 am

Earth is not flat it is round! Just like the moon is round just like the sun is round! Columbus has proven it and modern day NASA has proven it it is not flat neither is Earth only 6000 years old either!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 11:20 pm

Humanaut wrote:
How do we know the flat Earth is round, and not rectangular, or even odd-shaped?

It has to be some sort of quadrilateral. The bible mentions the four corners of the earth in revelations 20:8.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 12:27 am

It was absolutely proven by John Glenn and his gang.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 1:29 am

Humanaut wrote:
How do we know the flat Earth is round, and not rectangular, or even odd-shaped?

ASD here so not sure but I am assuming you are kidding?

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 2:36 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
ASD here so not sure but I am assuming you are kidding?

It's a legitimate question.

Cash__ wrote:
It has to be some sort of quadrilateral. The bible mentions the four corners of the earth in revelations 20:8.

20:8 mentions the four quarters of the Earth. 7:1, on the other hand:

And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the Earth, holding the four winds of the Earth, that the wind should not blow on the Earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 11:20 am

Lots of the Bible is metaphor. Even people with great faith in Christianity would say that.

I see the verses you mentioned as metaphor.

The earth is a modified sphere.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 12:24 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Lots of the Bible is metaphor. Even people with great faith in Christianity would say that.

The earth is a modified sphere.

You round earthers are all alike!
Spouting your indefensible ideologically based opinions!

Anyone who doesnt instantly 100 percent agree with me that the earth is flat (and agree with me on everything else) is either an egotistical doo doo head, or they're a dupe of the media conspiracy being run by egotistical doo doo heads!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 12:54 pm

Yep, Felix...I couldn't agree more!

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 1:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Who made you the official interpreter of the bible that you get to decide what is metaphor and what is not?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 1:32 pm

I haven't decided anything, sir. I just expressed my opinion, which I'm entitled to.