Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 9:31 pm

The thread title has little with what I'm about to post, I just recognized the accentuation and thought it sounded OK.

Here are some questions:

. Would you rather be NT for a day or accept a one-time payment of $500?
. How would you make use of a button that could control the sensitivity of your senses?
. In your own world, are you an unstoppable badass?
. Do you like to post on WrongPlanet?

Unapologetically, Norny.

:D 8) :P 8O :o :) :twisted:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 9:41 pm

1. I'd take the 500 bucks.

2. I'd use the button to make things more tolerable sensory-wise. I could then listen to SurroundSound
with my wife. Truthfully, my sensory issues are much less than many on this site.

3. No

4. I do like to post on WrongPlanet, especially if I get a response to my post. Otherwise, it's meaningless.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 10:11 pm

Quote:
Would you rather be NT for a day or accept a one-time payment of $500?

I'd try NT for a day to see what it's like

Quote:
How would you make use of a button that could control the sensitivity of your senses?

I'd use it to make me less sensitive

Quote:
In your own world, are you an unstoppable badass?

Well I've gotten the reputation of someone not to mess with on my teen forum :D

Quote:
Do you like to post on WrongPlanet?

Indubitably my good sir

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 10:16 pm

1. Be NT for a day. Just to compare the experience with my own now.

2. I'd set it to low, push the button then incinerate it!

3. No, but if I met one in my world he'd wish he was as badass as me! :ninja:

4. Yes I like to post on WP. It's full of my kind of people! :geek:

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 5:36 am

-I would take the money. Although it would be nice to have and understand a NT mind, since it's just for one day i would be afraid to like it and feel depressed for the rest of my life thinking about how i could be.

. How would you make use of a button that could control the sensitivity of your senses?
-I surely would make me less sensitive.

-No.

-Most of the times, yes.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 8:10 am

Quote:

NT for a day. I wanna know what it's like, the differences, know the thought processes, feelings and reactions.

Quote:

I'm not overly sensitive to light, smells or sounds, so they would stay the same, but I would like to lower my sense of what's tasty and what foods have icky consistencies, because I can be a particular eater.
I'd also make myself near deaf when I try to focus on something, because I'm easily distracted by sounds then.
Come to think of it it might also be a good idea to make my hearing more sensitive when I play music, so I won't play it too loud and damage my hearing... Sometimes I like playing my fave music too loudly...

Quote:

No.

Quote:

Well, I've been here for almost 6 years, I keep coming back, and my post count here is nearly twice as high as my post counts on all other forums altogether. I suspect the answer might be yes. :P

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Dec 2014, 8:48 am

1. Would you rather be NT for a day or accept a one-time payment of $500?

I would accept the $500, no doubt about it.

2. How would you make use of a button that could control the sensitivity of your senses?

Although I can see advantages in helping my challenges with sensitivity issues, I have become satisfied with living my life with Asperger's with not only its gifts, but also its challenges. I would not use such a button. I accept Asperger's in its entirety.

3. In your own world, are you an unstoppable badass?

No. I am respectful.

4. Do you like to post on WrongPlanet?

Yes, but I do admit I liked posting to it better before the site change. I don't usually like changes. I like routines.

Last edited by glider18 on 04 Dec 2014, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 8:49 am

Quote:
Would you rather be NT for a day or accept a one-time payment of $500?

I'd take the $500 so that I can get a family member something that they had been wanting for Christmas for years. :)

Quote:
How would you make use of a button that could control the sensitivity of your senses?

First, I would have to know a good bit about the button, its mechanics, and its potential sides effects before I would be willing to use it. Would the changes be temporary, or would they be permanent? Does the use of the button have any secondary effects, such as sensory crossing or decrease in processing abilities due to/somehow related to the decrease in sensitivity levels? How, exactly, does such a button work; does it mess with the physical configuration of my brain somehow? Does it alter neural pathways? Does it alter chemical pathways? What effects do these alterations have?

See, this is why I always say "no" to those hypothetical "Would you take a magic pill/cure?" questions.

Though, to answer the implied question of which sensory sensitivities I would like to change, I wouldn't mind reducing my sensitivity to noise just enough to allow me to attend musical concerts without going into complete sensory meltdown or to attend events with large numbers of people, such as parades, Renaissance festivals/anime conventions, and large, multi-vender holiday "flea markets" without going into sensory fatigue. I also wouldn't mind reducing my sensitivity to sunlight during the sunnier days; all this being said, though, my sensory sensitivities are at a mild enough level that I do not feel compelled to use drastic means to alter them. :P

Quote:
In your own world, are you an unstoppable badass?

In my elaborate inner fantasy life, yes (well, perhaps not literally unstoppable, but my fantasy self-insert comes pretty close).
In my waking life, not even close.

Quote:
Do you like to post on WrongPlanet?

I do, although I don't do such terribly often due to not having much to say on many topics and due to generally being more of a reader/observer than a conversationalist.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

04 Dec 2014, 8:55 am

Norny wrote:
The thread title has little with what I'm about to post, I just recognized the accentuation and thought it sounded OK.

Here are some questions:

Unapologetically, Norny.

Take the 500$. When it doesn't work, get more

Glue the button down

No

Yes

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Dec 2014, 10:27 am

Norny wrote:

Here are some questions:

Unapologetically, Norny.

NT for a day!
I'd want a dial rather than a mere button. I'd have super-human senses for brief periods, and the ability to stop sensory overload whenever I wanted. Muahuahua.
Sometimes. Sometimes I'm an unstartable mehass.
Yes.

r84shi37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Dec 2014, 4:49 pm

Norny wrote:

$500 isn't all that much money for me. I guess that sounds douchey... but I'm just saying that I would much rather know the difference than get $500.

Norny wrote:

Best ear plug ever! That would be fantastic. I could use it to turn down the volume when I go to movies, dances, parties, you name it. I would probably keep the 'touch sensitivity' way down all the time. Sound sensitivity down some of the time.

Norny wrote:

Eh... what's my own world? I mean, I don't really voice my own badassery too often XD... but I think I'll brag a little right now. I'm the last person I'd want to be in a gun fight with. I can shoot accurately with semi-automatic handguns, rifles, shotguns, I'm even not too bad with a compound bow. I can do an emergency reload with a Glock in 1.8 seconds. I take guns apart, I modify them, I build them etc.

Norny wrote:

It's alright.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Dec 2014, 5:17 pm

Would you rather be NT for a day or accept a one-time payment of $500? I'd take the payment
How would you make use of a button that could control the sensitivity of your senses? I'm not sure
In your own world, are you an unstoppable badass? No
Do you like to post on WrongPlanet? Yes

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 8:48 am

I forgot to ask this most pertinent question: Is it $500 in Australian money, or US money?

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 10:12 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I forgot to ask this most pertinent question: Is it $500 in Australian money, or US money?

And can I make it £500 in pound sterling? Thanks >_>.

1) Take the money and run.

2) I'd use it to make myself selectively deaf. I'd also use it to magically make drivers' headlights at night time 1000% less annoying and blinding. And drivers, while we're on the subject: fog lamps are for extremely heavy fog when you can't see 100ft in front of you, not for a light mist on the distant horizon.

3) Of course. Need you even ask? :p

4) Yeah.

russiank12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2014, 3:53 pm

1. I'm a college student an need $$$, so yes. Plus, what does it feel like to be NT?

2. YES PLEASEEEE. This is my biggest problem and would love to have it gone or at least not have it be so painful. I could finally go to a club or wear my hair up (I wear bright coloured ear plugs and they're very noticeable).

3. Yes, I'm the best (except not right now because it's finals week and I've just found out what stress feels like)

4. Yes, I often do