Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ksf777
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Dec 2014, 3:27 am

What medications are people taking for anxiety/depression?I have tried Paxil and Prozac a long time ago and did not feel much change.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 4:37 am

Right now, I drink chamomile tea when my anxiety goes through the roof. The psychiatrist had me on both BusPar and Viibryd (which is essentially paroxitine and buspirone combined) until about 2 years ago.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 12:53 pm

I've taken 250 mg of magnesium at suppertime for just over a year now and it works for me - I'm a lot more relaxed and generally less depressed.

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 1:02 pm

Currently I am taking 25 mg per day of Sertraline (Zoloft) It is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor - the same family as Prozac - But I find more mellow than Prozac which never worked very well for me.

IN the distant past I took Sinnequin (or Doxepin) which I don't believe is used anymore on humans. I had once following a nervous breakdown 22 years ago been on a very high does of Clomipramine (Anafranil). Initially it worked well for me but I started to get jitters and shakes which stopped when I discontinued it.

So out of four different anti-depressants - Sertraline (Zoloft) has worked best for me

- Albert Einstein

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 3:38 pm

Valium for anxiety, but only for bad anxiety/panic attacks not really a daily thing(wouldn't want to consistantly take it every day anyways)...have tried various anti-depressants that do not help, and though the valium helps with the more severe anxiety symptoms I still tend to feel rather edgy/anxious moreso than I should much of the time....so for the remaining anxiety and depressive symptoms still self medicate that with cannabis for the most part.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 3:59 pm

I take abilify, but that's because without it... my anxiety is extremely severe. My mind becomes overloaded by constant worry and such that I can't function. It's actually helped me a lot more, even though I do get a lot of night anxiety though. I also take Klonopin twice a day as needed too. I don't take it often unless my anxiety becomes unbearable and noting else is working for it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 5:44 pm

They put me on Celexa once. First I had really bad side effects like stomach cramps. Then I got used to it and it really helped calm me down. But then eventually I started developing disinhabition and started acting reckless. So they weaned me off it. But my anxiety has been more manageable since then. Now I just take Xanax as needed.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Dec 2014, 9:25 pm

I took Buspar for a year for anxiety issues. But I often felt like I was in a cloud after taking it. I have been off of it for six months now and feeling like my old self again.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 9:53 pm

I'm going on Cymbalta starting tomorrow, switching from Effexor (generic)

I plan to get the generic form Cymbalta due to price.

Ropinirole was aslo prescribed to me to deal with restless leg syndrome and restlessness I gained from taking Abilify.