Has anyone here had laser eye surgery?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 7:24 am

My boyfriend suggested I have laser eye surgery. I don't like wearing glasses and I'm afraid to use contacts. I'm aware that the cost is pretty high but if its worth it then I don't mind saving up a bit to have this done.

I often find myself squinting, and I need to sit close to the telly in order to be able to get into what I'm watching. I have problems hearing too so need subtitles, which I need to see clearly. Having hearing issues doesn't bother me as much as having sight issues.

But this sounds so good, that I have a feeling that there's a catch. Is there a catch?

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 9:16 am

My sister had that surgery about five years ago. She says she herself had/has no issues. She says there were many instructions that she had to follow daily before and after the surgery to make sure there would be no problem. So lazy people might end up damaging their eyes permanently. Some people may have minor problems such as light sensitivity etc after the surgery for the rest of their lives. There can be some other problems. There are some law suits going on about some serious problems, too.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 12:59 pm

I had mine done about 12 years ago.
The only issue I had was that it left my Corneas feeling as if they were no longer a solid part of my eye, so that if I dried my eyes with a towel sideways, it left a feeling that I was pulling on the Corneas that I didnt feel before.
It has gone away now but took about 10 years.
Vision itself is still fantastic although I do miss how good my eyes used to be at looking at things closly, now I have to wear reading glasses for really small writing.