Holiday Traditions You Can Live Without.....

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 6:30 pm

All the pies and cookies and sweets----I wouldn't wanna do with none----but, this Thanksgiving, for instance, I only made ONE pie, for myself.

Christmas is a little different, for some reason----I'll still have to have cookies and Egg Nog.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 7:33 pm

I can live without seeing the winter holidays being advertised as early as September, when I'm still likely to wake up every morning in a pool of sweat.

Can't really think of much else. :santa:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 7:45 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
I can live without seeing the winter holidays being advertised as early as September, when I'm still likely to wake up every morning in a pool of sweat.

September? wow dunno where you live but here they started the xmas creep right after the 4th of July

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 8:12 pm

JoelFan wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

September? wow dunno where you live but here they started the xmas creep right after the 4th of July

dear lord i hope you are exaggerating. i thought I was when i mentioned september, i can't imagine seeing santa hats and wreaths next to the beach towels and whatnot, it's a silly juxtaposition. i actually read something on FML that said that some employer started playing the christmas tunes in august. august!

i'm an american also. southern californian coast. we usually get the tree somewhere around the 15th of december.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.