Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 3:31 pm

This is from Marcus Garvey and although I don't agree with blacks or whites or anyone separating themselves as a way to deal with reality, I do like his thoughts on the concept of mind and that he wishes us all to be psychologically liberated:

Quote:
We are going to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery because whilst others might free the body, none but ourselves can free the mind.
Mind is your only ruler, sovereign. The man who is not able to develop and use his mind is bound to be the slave of the other man who uses his mind, because man is related to man under all circumstances for good or for ill. If man is not able to protect himself from the other man he should use his mind to good advantage. The fool will always carry the heavy burden. The fool will always be crushed without a tear from God or man because God Almight never made a fool. God is all wise. When God Almight made man in His own image and likeness, it wasn’t the physical, it was the mind that was like God. Every man represents God in his unitary intelligence. When man abuses that intelligence he lowers himself. God has given you intelligence to take care of you. He hasn’t repeated Himself yet. God was so thoughtful of man and his progeny that he made a variety of things so as to pander to the taste of the Adams that would come after the first. When God made you He made you the masters of the world, not serfs and slaves, but your mind must be developed intelligently. It is your mind that rules the body. You cannot go further than that mind to seek truth and to know truth and to re-act to truth.

After reading this, I believe M.G. seems to be onto something.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 5:58 pm

In my experience, people who fail to use their minds, or people who abuse their minds, do so because of a lack of self belief. For example, as a teacher of 'disconnected' teens, I've seen highly intelligent students who believe that all they can aspire to is carting cement or chasing chickens.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 1:13 am

The problem with our culture is in public schools it does not teach emotional or physical holistic intelligence per innate human balance.

It leaves that up to the significant others per family way, and they for the most part are lost as well.

Without a balance of emotional and physical holistic intelligence, there is no control of mind, as it is all connected and other ideas, per mechanical cognition ways only is simply illusion and a likely path for human suffering.

The machine that is now culture is making humans into something that truly they are not in mind and body innate ONENESS of way.

Humans are not here to dominate the world; they are here for balance just like any other species, overall.

To abuse that privilege of being alive is to abuse future life, and possibly eventually end one's own species as well.

But people don't think that far ahead, and generally speaking are not evolved to do that, or abuse the earth as whole.

Culture is the virus, and not human being, when balanced.

Finding balance is the eye of the needle and one huge overweight camel in modern western ways of culture for sure.

And the cultural infrastructure lives on as cold machine way, with no heart to speak of for TRULY LIVING LIFE IN SIMPLY ANIMAL HOMEOSTASIS WAY.

OTHER ANIMALS, OVERALL, ARE ALREADY THE SILENT AND HUMBLE VICTOR, AS they don't have to know it or speak it.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2015, 4:25 pm