Ever notice all the sociopathic scum that posts on Youtube?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 6:05 am

I've notice countless times when the cruelest of comments are made - even in response to tragedies.

In this particular case that is actually not at all that uncommon - there was news story about a 14 year-old-boy who

committed suicide after being bullied following the release on a social network sight of a hidden video that went viral that

reportedly showed him masturbating in a restroom stall.

What kind of monsters is our society creating? Here are some of the most popular comments in response to this youtube

video news story:

QuinPaperwasp3

LMAO. this is so funny. he just killed himself over a video. this teen is pathetic. what a coward. i hope he's burnt. +10 votes.

skillcoiler2

If the parents get a single dime from the school I will stop paying taxes f**k these parents. They should have taught their kid not to wank it in a public place if getting caught was going to make him so crybaby he would kill himself over it.+12 votes.

Sonny DaGuy

We live in a generation of sensitivity and we can't hurt the next person's feelings. This is what our government is teaching today's generation. So we as parents should teach our kids to be a little tougher ,to stand up and take a stand against the sensitivity BS they're teaching our kids in school. it's really sad what happen to the boy, we should understand that whatever we do nowadays will be recorded by some type of cell phone or video tape and will be posted online. If you don't want it to be online don't do it out in public. R.I.P. KID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZJvDhaSDnc

- Albert Einstein

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 6:26 am

r2d2 wrote:
What kind of monsters is our society creating?

What makes you assume they're a product of "our society"?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

08 Dec 2014, 6:38 am

There's a reason why people say "don't read the comments", because that's exactly what you'll find every single time.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 6:42 am

I like it.

It makes me tingle in joy that freedom of speech is still around (not the US definition).

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 7:26 am

It's the GIFT of The Internet.

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2014, 7:38 am

I doubt that most Youtube commenters are sociopaths. But I believe many of them are careless and irresponsible, squandering the gift of communication that lies at their fingertips.

Reaching out to others is not easy for people like you and me. We think, we edit, we second-guess, and we often stop to weigh the impact of our words. We must expend so much effort to say something in the first place, that we're less likely to say things we don't mean or blurt out something ridiculous just to get attention. To say something and actually be understood? That's not only a gift, it's a privilege. And a privilege carries moral responsibility.

If you're a non-Aspie and it comes naturally to you, well, you don't always see it that way. And the anonymity of Youtube guarantees that you can say anything and get away with it. You don't have to be sociopathic to fall victim to that kind of temptation. So what comes out in an anonymous environment where you can say anything you like? If you lack a moral compass to begin with, the answer is: nothing good. Resentment, hatred, and ignorance. The intellectual offal of the human race. All the stuff society wants us to hide, but that still exists within many of us. You can't wave a magic wand and get rid of it.

Stuff like the Youtube comment pages will drive me crazy if I let it, so I try to ignore it and appreciate the more intelligent things that are said in other places--like Wrongplanet, for example. :)

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 8:18 am

I have made an animated film that leaked onto chinese youtube through a festival submission. After some commetns had piled up, I asked a freind to translate.

Apparently, most of the concerns were about what was happening to our great nation (i.e. China), that people are creating films with such obviously western-looking characters.

The fact that it was in english, had english names in the credit and the copyright belongs to an english educational institution had eluded them.

In other words: the internet allows people who are not qualified to comment to find a forum. Have you never wondered, how it seems that every cab driver knows how to fix politics/the economy/the world, but alas, ony drives a cab?

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 8:20 am

13 year old boys.
That's who I always assume posts that kind of garbage.
I used to sub. teach, and kids that age say the most horrible things imaginable to each other.
Most of them will grow out of it, eventually.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 8:23 am

shlaifu wrote:
... it seems that every cab driver knows how to fix politics/the economy/the world, but alas, ony drives a cab?

Don't be dissing the cabbies, n***a.

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 8:30 am

YippySkippy wrote:
13 year old boys.
That's who I always assume posts that kind of garbage.
I used to sub. teach, and kids that age say the most horrible things imaginable to each other.
Most of them will grow out of it, eventually.

If it's 13 year-old-boys I wouldn't be quite as outraged. I certainly remember when I was that age being on the receiving end of the cruelest comments I ever experienced in my life on a daily basis. I just fear that it is not just kids making those comments.

- Albert Einstein

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 11:09 am

Not that the Youtube commenters are know for they intelligence to begin with. :roll:

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 11:51 am

I thought it was illegal to put cameras in restroom stalls? can anyone give a link or some more detail on this?

Im also glad that people are able to post nasty things because it proves freedom of speech still exists.

I was bullied and had nasty things said to me in school, but I wouldnt want to censor anyone.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 11:56 am

Oh those people aren't even worth the air they breath, and clearly don't have much intelligence...IRL they would probably be too chicken to say stuff like that but such people are cowards and like to look 'tough' over the internet. I wouldn't pay em much mind...I am sure there where some half way decent intelligible comments to.

But admittedly it sometimes can bother me...its not just youtube comments though I have seen plenty of stupidity on various forums, facebook ect. I think its more of an internet thing then something specific to a certain site.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 11:59 am

slenkar wrote:
I thought it was illegal to put cameras in restroom stalls? can anyone give a link or some more detail on this?

Im also glad that people are able to post nasty things because it proves freedom of speech still exists.

I was bullied and had nasty things said to me in school, but I wouldnt want to censor anyone.

censoring them would only help them not to look like as much of an a**, and I don't think they need any help in that area, best to let them make a**es of themselves for everyone to see. So I do agree with not censoring, though if its in a school setting and someone is being verbally harrassed there should be consequences but I don't really consider that censoring freedom of speech, but I say let people say stupid crap on the internet...it says much about the individual.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 2:15 pm

People have a cruel streak that tends to come to the surface the more they are in pain.

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2014, 3:23 pm

What I've noticed is that people who comment youtube videos do it by letting all their frustration out. For example each time there is a Obama video we always get the same racist stuff. Sadly it's on every video, when one kids commits suicide we always get those who say it's a good thing, or awful stuff and who absolutely don't care and think that because they are hidden behind their keyboards they can say what they want, and they do, but outside in the real world they wouldn't dare saying that to anyone's face.