Oh look, COPS! Ack!My civil rights! 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 5:47 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Sure, and when those fine African-American males finally become successful, stand back and watch as a horde of strangers crawl out of the woodwork to accuse them of rape, drug use, child abandonment, and other assorted crimes, while offering no material evidence whatsoever that those crimes were ever committed!

We are all innocent until proven guilty.

Yeah, unless the police undertake extrajudicual punishment against you. You're only innocent until proven guilty if you're alive for your trial.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 6:44 pm

slenkar wrote:
On average aspies have it just as bad or worse than NT black people.

Unemployment among aspies is much higher than for black men.

Black men face an unemployment rate of 11%.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arc ... gh/372667/

Aspies face an unemployment rate of at least 75%
http://www.diversityjournal.com/9929-is ... workplace/

Imagine a NT black man who grows up in a black area, he doesn't feel out of place like an aspie does.

Most black people are not harassed by policemen, there are millions of black people who have probably never been harassed.
Even if a black person is stopped by the police for no good reason, it may hurt their feelings a bit, but an aspie being bullied in school is under much worse conditions.

The suicide rate of black people is less than half of whites
http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/s ... tes02.html

If they were being constantly bullied and harassed by cops it should be higher.

When a black person is killed by a white person under circumstances that are not cut and dry, like a Trayvon the media talks about it endlessly and gives it exposure.

If you look at actual statistics things are not that bad.

You obviously not black. You have no idea what you are talking about.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 6:54 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
NO and I will tell you why. We hear about the victims of the police what we don't hear about are all the black men who are very successful in life and have worked long and hard to get there being minorities in society and dealing with a controversial past and there are plenty of black men who do succeed. What we need to do is get more black men on the side of success instead of failure. Catch them before they reach the point they are in bad situations and move them over to the side with the successful black men.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you on this.

It really comes down to economics. I live in a poor/working class minority neighborhood. It's also a nice safe neighborhood, because people here do have economic opportunities. They have the chance to make an honest living (if not an especially good one), and most of them take it.

The problem with places like New York & St. Louis is that, for the most part, people cannot make an honest living. So, you get young guys selling drugs, gang banging, and doing dumb s**t like stealing cigars and/or selling individual cigarettes because they don't have any money...

You also get a lot of people looting and rioting when demonstrations happen because of economic frustrations...

The Sublime song about the Rodney King riots sums up the real problem quite nicely. It's just a shame that little has changed in 20+ years...

:(

PS
@SilverProteus,

That joke actually came from Chris Rock and it's funny because it is [sadly] true.

If one can make an honest living all of them can. No more excuses. Keep them on the straight and narrow. Give them mentors who have successfully navigated the system as a black man. As long as you keep making excuses and saying they can't do it, the worst it will get. Give them hope and the confidence to believe in themselves.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 7:03 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
If one can make an honest living all of them can. No more excuses. Keep them on the straight and narrow. Give them mentors who have successfully navigated the system as a black man. As long as you keep making excuses and saying they can't do it, the worst it will get. Give them hope and the confidence to believe in themselves.

What does this have to do with non-white men, law enforcement officers, killing unarmed black men (and sometimes boys) without repercussions?

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 7:07 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

I'm not making excuses. I'm pointing out systemic racism and a broken economy that marginalizes minorities. Fix the rotten system and the people will do the right thing and take care of themselves.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 3:14 pm

slenkar wrote:
On average aspies have it just as bad or worse than NT black people.

Unemployment among aspies is much higher than for black men.

Black men face an unemployment rate of 11%.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arc ... gh/372667/

Aspies face an unemployment rate of at least 75%
http://www.diversityjournal.com/9929-is ... workplace/

Imagine a NT black man who grows up in a black area, he doesn't feel out of place like an aspie does.

Most black people are not harassed by policemen, there are millions of black people who have probably never been harassed.
Even if a black person is stopped by the police for no good reason, it may hurt their feelings a bit, but an aspie being bullied in school is under much worse conditions.

The suicide rate of black people is less than half of whites
http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/s ... tes02.html

If they were being constantly bullied and harassed by cops it should be higher.

When a black person is killed by a white person under circumstances that are not cut and dry, like a Trayvon the media talks about it endlessly and gives it exposure.

If you look at actual statistics things are not that bad.

The criteria which you are using to judge standard of living for AS vs Black people is far too limited.

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 6:02 pm

em_tsuj wrote:
What does this have to do with non-white men, law enforcement officers, killing unarmed black men (and sometimes boys) without repercussions?

Take it on a case-by-case basis. Two of those black men were very large and tall. Any big guy who is angry is a threat to anyone. If some big old guy was angry at me and started in assaulting me, he could kill me without any problem, I am no match for him. Same with the cops. Big, angry men hell-bent on destroying someone can do it so it becomes justifiable for someone to defend themselves.

If a big guy wants to safe guard his life when dealing with the cops, I would suggest he just shush and do what the cop tells him to do.

Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Dec 2014, 7:13 pm

of course, while it is generally a stupid idea to try and take down an armed cop/guard, it is possible, they don't have a monopoly on hugeness.
notably, the white house fence jumper back in september, who overpowered a secret service guard.

that shouldn't happen. either way, agreed ^^ lots of deaths and injuries could be prevented if only those being arrested had followed cop's orders.

Mais c'est la mort qui t'a assassinée, Marcia,
C'est la mort qui t'a consumée, Marcia,
C'est le cancer que tu as pris sous ton bras,
Maintenant, tu es en cendres, cendres...

BERNIE 2020 - cause it's not red vs. blue, it's the 1% vs. you

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 11:10 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
em_tsuj wrote:

Take it on a case-by-case basis. Two of those black men were very large and tall. Any big guy who is angry is a threat to anyone. If some big old guy was angry at me and started in assaulting me, he could kill me without any problem, I am no match for him. Same with the cops. Big, angry men hell-bent on destroying someone can do it so it becomes justifiable for someone to defend themselves.

If a big guy wants to safe guard his life when dealing with the cops, I would suggest he just shush and do what the cop tells him to do.

My Father was in law enforcement for 46 years, and actually was the longest serving Deputy Sheriff in Florida.

He didn't talk much, in fact not at all to my mother for the first 3 years of my life that he stayed. He almost never expressed emotion except for when his cat of 20 years died and my infant child died.

Before that I wondered if he was a psychopathic leaning person, but he was probably just a mix of law enforcement and likely somewhere on the Autism Spectrum; particularly considering my sister is diagnosed on the spectrum and my mother is the opposite from the Autism Spectrum as always a great reciprocal social communicator.

Interestingly though, even though I was way too wimpy most of my life, per anxiety, to ever be a cop, and I do chalk part of that up to never being taught the survival ways of patriarchy by a Father and instead with the all estrogen dripping influence of an all female family, my overall look has been consistently mistaken as law enforcement in much of my adult life.

Even in plain clothes per shorts and T-shirts I have been respectfully approached by others as how are you doing officer, and now that I have learned to un-domesticate myself and walk much more smoothly and confidently I get those comments even much more now at age 54, and people still think I'm in my 30's to 40's and one much older gentleman that knew me from my neighborhood told me young man you should join the local Sheriff department as they need someone like you.

It is truly a privilege to 'look' like a law enforcement officer and perhaps I have that so-called Aspie Hall Monitor look, ha-ha, as I have always been able to get away with stuff like dancing everywhere I go in a martial arts ballet style of dancing THAT HELL NO, HIGHLY UNLIKELY THAT one of my African American 225LB highly muscled neighbors could get away with in almost any store.

Truly there is privilege in LOOKS AND PERCEIVED CULTURE.

BUT PER scientific study African American Males have the highest levels of self-esteem than any other American Demographic.

Factors cited that make the difference are both confidence in sexual prowess and the ability to defend oneself; yes, nature does still rule.

While I am well past the age of worrying about sexual prowess in the wild, as a noted martial artist expert now, with absolutely no lessons taken, there is a confidence of knowing one can handle one's body in space and distance that brings a style of walking tall that tells folks you do not want to mess with me.

Confident species stay alive and species that are not confident do not stay as alive.

African Americans are mixing with everyone in the reproductive game, and the darker pigment of the human race is expanding as we talk now.

They are confident enough to do it, and win the oldest game of survival in JUST DOING IT as my friends at NIKE say.

Meanwhile white folks have among the lowest rates of fertility, so math 101 rules again.

And yes, it helps to avoid illusory fears in life, and one of the best ways to do that is get comfortable in one's own body, and walk like a Tiger on the Savannah, smooth graceful, and POWERFUL.

THE OTHER CATS do take notice, and yes, even the human ones. :)

I respect cops and have never had problems with authority IN THE REAL WORLD WHERE LOGICALLY APPLIED.

IT'S the best way to get by in all areas of culture as culture wins the game of law, for folks who are intelligent enough to survive in this way, too.

It's like the old saying, give to Caesar what IS his, AND comply or die CAN apply too, as history and current news reports do show.

To me the mix of human nature with all cultures is fascinating as it does STILL play out.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick