Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 1:19 pm

In addition to my manic ramblings, I have begun doing a lot of new tics and stims, which include: throat clicking, moaning, squeaking, gasping, panting, twitching, shaking, finger flicking/tapping, pacing, rocking, rubbing body parts, clenching, grimacing, laughing/smiling for no reason, scrunching up nose/eyebrows, hair/skin picking, lip licking, nail biting, breathing strangely, compulsively masturbating, swearing for no reason, giggling, hitting myself or objects, making hand and other body gestures, dancing, skipping, hopping, running, and twirling at inappropriate times. The list goes on and on. I am supposed to be starting college in a few weeks and I must be nervous. I am worried that I will do Aspie behavior in public. I want to get friends and significant other and not be made fun of! I also worry about grades and if they will transfer my program. I am back on my Risperdal by the way, for better or worse I don't know?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 1:38 pm

Well I do a lot of that, so I know what it's like. One thing that helps me is having sensory objects to handle. I have a leather lanyard clipped to my belt loop and I twist it and wrap it around my fingers for stimming, which tones down my other stims. And other stuff too like squeeze balls and spiked balls. No matter what I usually do a lot of rocking.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 7:45 pm

This all sounds more like tics. Tics are really more like meaningless repetitive actions that have a strong force controlling them.

Risperdal can be dangerous. After taking it for a few years, I started developing anxiety and emotional problems, so I disposed of it.