Page 2 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 2:59 am

I collect Lip Smackers! Bonne Bell makes them, and it's a line of mostly lip balm and lip gloss that comes in tons of flavors! I love the way they smell and how they make my lips feel when I apply them. Cartoon dvd sets is another thing I collect. I have Rocko's Modern Life, the first three seasons of Spongebob Squarepants (and the first movie), the first four seasons of Adventure Time, the first two seasons of Courage the Cowardly Dog, and season 1 of The Wild Thornberrys, Hey Arnold!, Johnny Bravo, and Dexter's Laboratory.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 9:20 pm

Foreign coins. Foreign maps in the country's language.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 1:09 am

GWR books and ripley's believe it or not! books, principally.

BetwixtBetween wrote:
Foreign coins. Foreign maps in the country's language.

ooh, something i didn't know about my mom: she has a collection of foreign coins also. it's not very impressive... :D but i was surprised to see philippine and venezualan coins in a box.

i love maps, collect them too. not all in the language of the country, but i have one in chinese of PRC i bought over the summer, i was looking at it in public, and a man whom i assumed was a chinese tourist sat down with me and started speaking to me and pointed. from his pointing i assume he may have been from chongqing.

where do you get yours? mine are mostly dug up from art studio collage bins, antique stores, scrap stores.

managertina wrote:
I used to collect rocks! I now have a huge assortment of pens.

most of my pens are found and not bought.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

dryope
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jan 2015, 5:23 am

As a kid I collected rocks (geology camp!) and foreign coins. Now I live overseas and have too many foreign coins and am no longer into rocks. I still collect fairy tale books (especially obscure or well illustrated ones). In my '20s, I collected the complete works of my favorite musicians. For a Tori Amos fan, this was almost a full-time job for a while there.

I collect foreign languages (eight so far, and resisting temptation to add ASL).

I unfortunately also collect silk scarves, which can get expensive.

Apart from these things I am trying desperately to divest myself of old collections and live simply. Well, as simply as I can.

Princess Adora
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jan 2015, 6:08 am

Yeah sure do I collect mostly 80 s dolls like barbies and I also have my little pony,Care Bears and some jem dolls,I also love comic books especially old marvel comic ones, but yeah I have a lot of stuff in my collection.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm

Quote:
where do you get yours? mine are mostly dug up from art studio collage bins, antique stores, scrap stores.

Family and friends who travel mostly, but sometimes my own travel. If I found a nifty old one at Goodwill, I'd pick it up.

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 5:49 pm

I have about 300 or so my little ponies from all the generations, as well as a good horror movie collection. I also have a small antique children's book collection.

Princess Adora
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Feb 2015, 5:58 pm

invaderhorizongreen wrote:
I have about 300 or so my little ponies from all the generations, as well as a good horror movie collection. I also have a small antique children's book collection.

Yeah I got a lot of ponies too from different generations including one that was designed by a anime artist.

melmaclorelai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2015, 11:53 am

I collected lip balms as a kid. Now, I collect books and musical cds. :D

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 2:34 pm

hilaryy_renee_ wrote:
I have one main collection: movie tickets. I absolutely love collecting movie tickets. Believe it or not, I have ones from many years ago (ex. 2009). Every time I see a new movie in the theater, I try to always keep the ticket, so I can later add it to my collection. :roll:

i have a few movie tickets lying around, from a few years ago that were more idyllic.

i remember losing a very important pair of stubs, and turning my room upside down multiple times trying to find them in vain, being paranoid that my mom had vacuumed them up. :(

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 5:22 pm

Sort of. I have a Pokemon card collection from childhood that I still keep around, but I haven't been collecting them in years. Sometimes I'll buy a booster pack for nostalgia's sake, but that's about it. I also used to play the game, but only with my sister. I didn't know anyone else that actually knew how to play it and I have never been a good teacher.

I hoard a lot of stuff, though. Usually random stuff that I think "might come in handy" or "looks really cool", but its usually crap.

I guess I am a collector if you count my DVD collection. I buy so many DVD's (or just look at so many on the shelf) that the staff at my usual entertainment shops know me. The highlight of any guest visit involves me showing them my enormous collection and saying "there's more where that came from".

Yeah, a bit lame, but movies are a big deal to me.

nenia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Feb 2015, 2:28 pm

I have several huge collections... DVDs/blurays, comic books/graphic novels, books, board games, card games, MTG, Lego, nail polish, geeky stuffs in general (mugs, lunch boxes, figurines etc), cute stuffs (MLP, Hello kitty etc), (old) consoles and games. And more!

NoGyroApproach
Raven
Raven

07 Mar 2015, 11:58 am

I really like aviation. So much so, as a teenager I got my driver's license so I could drive myself out to the airport for flying lessons. I got a job so that I could pay for the lessons. I have a pilot's license. I fly for fun, not as a career. I especially like commercial aircraft. I had a large collection of 1/400 scale models. In my collection I had many different types and livery aircraft. I maintained a spreadsheet on my collection. It was very intense.

Over the last year or so I have sold off most of my collection. I am going through a phase of minimalism. I want to live a more simple life. I want to be able to pick up and go if I want to and not have a large burden of things to be responsible for. I also feel in order for self growth I need to become a more rounded person and explore new things.

I still really like commercial aviation. I like to learn and read about the aircraft, the airlines that fly them and of course the technical side of flying them. I can do all of this with the internet. I don't need to own the material (books and manuals)

Is there anyone else here extremely devoted to their collection?

mental
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Mar 2015, 3:14 am

books, and.. books. Oh, did I tell you I collect books :)

and teas (loose leaf) and teapots, and tea eggs.... (am a tea taster - well, that is a lame excuse.... ). And I collect pens, in every shape and colour. Old new, no longer working, etc...

and I used to collect silk threads (loved their shine, colour, softness....) I no longer update this colletion, since I spend more time on my other collectons.

and besides, I prefer to be more minimalistic these days...... empty house.. empty mind (whenever that is going to happen, just tell myself it will :))

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 8:25 am

Yes, but I'm not sure it's really "collections". I only collect things that would hold their value and sell easily. Like jewelry or other stuff with value. I buy, sell and trade them with profit in mind. Not very much profit maybe, but I don't like to lose money on my stuff. :) I grew up dirt poor with very little belongings, and moved about 20 times before I finally settled down. I have very little attachment to objects and will sell almost anything I have. :D

creepycrawly36
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2015, 6:20 pm

I have several collections

books-all non fiction, on specific topics- birds, plants, history(specific types- history of math, history of chemical elements etc etc, religion, various other science books (geology, rocks, climate etc etc), architecture

board games- I have alot

dice

rocks- many 20 gallon bucket fulls

seasonal mugs (mostly starbucks)

potato heads