Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 11:30 pm

Humanaut wrote:
felinesaresuperior wrote:
I dont mind the terrorists being tortured, but there have been innocent people among them.

Who?

Well, many of the techniques were originally tested on American and Canadian citizens...

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 1:09 am

Another 9-11 and there'll be more prison camps like Guantanamo Bay popping up outside the US with foreign nationals paid by the CIA to "process" suspects without the encumbrance of human rights.

People may have amnesia but on September 12 2001 there was spate of vigilante justice metered out in the US and Australia on unsuspecting members of the public who happened to look Arabic that were not reported out of fear. At around that time otherwise decent people were not the least bit concerned that terror suspects were tortured to reveal information.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 4:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
Which enemies are you referring to?

The Dutch. (Shakes head) Islamic fanatics we've been fighting for years, of course!

Not mutually exclusive. Last I heard on the news there have been some 160 Dutch citizens who traveled to Syria/Iraq to join ISIS or another fundie group. One of them suicide-bombed himself in Bagdad.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 7:03 am

trollcatman wrote:
Last I heard on the news there have been some 160 Dutch citizens who traveled to Syria/Iraq to join ISIS or another fundie group. One of them suicide-bombed himself in Bagdad.

Criminal Dutch (and German) bikers have joined the fight against ISIS. Win-win if they kill each other.

Awilder
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 8:05 pm

I'm probably take flak for saying this, but torture regardless of what nation or government which carries it out is absolutely wrong by all accounts. I know there are persons whom feel that torture was the only way to acquire information about terrorist activity however, I beg to differ considering the fact, a great deal of the insight gained in these tormentation experiments turned out to be wrong.
Honestly, I feel that if say you or I were tortured would you tell that person(s) what you actually know? Probably not more than likely you might provide some information but, only enough to get you from being continued tormented .. Well, that's just my take on this and in closing Torture should be abolished and anyone whom does it should be seen as literally inhumane and a tyrant..

We are like the wind,
Wrapped, luminous wind,
We make a road for the spirits to pass over.
For the Spirits to pass over.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 8:16 pm

A potent truth serum like sodium thiopental might be a better solution.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 8:33 pm

Humanaut wrote:

That may be true, but a lot of the base research into that area has a long history of highly illegal and unethical practices...

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 1:00 pm

Torture just doesn't work and is detrimental to the working of intelligence.
http://theweek.com/article/index/273886/why-torture-doesnt-work-a-definitive-guide

Humanaut wrote:

Doesn't work either. Nothing more efficient that alcohol has ever been found.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 7:54 am

Humanaut wrote:
felinesaresuperior wrote:
I dont mind the terrorists being tortured, but there have been innocent people among them.

Who?

Well there was the CIA informant who was mistakenly processed as a prisoner who died of hypothermia, naked and chained to concrete.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 8:27 am

androbot01 wrote:
Senate CIA report sheds light on Washington - link

So it seems that some pretty nasty stuff was done and that it didn't lead to the desired information.

Do you think there will be some sort of internal investigation within the US government?

I haven't read the report, but I have heard some serious complaints about it being nothing more than a hatchet job from one side of the issue with a great deal of bias and a finding that was predetermined.

That said, I'm against the use of torture. Being against the use of torture does not mean that I agree with whatever someone else has to say against it.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 9:47 pm

Humanaut wrote:
I don't think the they did anything wrong. Quite the contrary. Dick Cheney says the report is a full of crap. Maybe they need to investigate those who wrote the report for undermining the reputation of the agency?

You actually believe Dick Cheney? 8O

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 9:58 pm

Humanaut wrote:

There is no such thing as a truth serum. Anyway, drugging people (also in the CIA playbook) is still torture. Some rare hallucinogens cause extreme states of panic, fear, and horror. Hell, even the common ones would be hell if you are in a CIA prison. f**k Dick Cheney, he should be in prison himself, the smug son of a b***h. Look at Iraq now, it's practically three different countries, and one of them is run by Islamic fanatics that make Saddam look like Mr. Rogers.

JupiterSpace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jan 2015, 8:32 am

I Saw On Some Fact Video About The CIA Trying To Take Normal People And Make Test Their Brain So They Could Control Them...