Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Angel_the_alien
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm

Hi! I've believed for a long time that I had Aspergers, but yesterday I finally got an official diagnosis. I feel kind of happy that I know for sure now! I always felt like I was somehow lying when I said I had Aspergers!

By the way, the person who evaluated me is from Australia, and she pronounces it Asper-jers, like the G in George instead of the G in Grover. I kind of like that better... helps me avoid those ass-burger jokes!

I am not sure what I am supposed to do, now that I am diagnosed. I thought something would be different, like magical doors would open and I would be able to learn how to cope as an adult. But so far, not so good.

By the way I am 35 but look (and sometimes act and feel) like I'm 15, and I have a special education teaching degree but haven't found a job yet (interviews are difficult for me) I love reading, writing, arts and crafts, and animals... especially my dogs Trixie and Lily!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 2:06 am

Hey Angel_the_alien welcome. :sunny:

ziggyramone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Dec 2014, 10:08 am

Welcome!

Andrew Eldritch

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005241765169

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 3:41 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2014, 11:34 pm

Hello angel and welcome! Perhaps some doors will open for you here on WP! Or at least you'll find a path to one! :D

jack1992
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Dec 2014, 9:18 am

Welcome! I'm not sure where you are but here in England, you can have someone from the National Autism Society come and visit you and give advice. This will happen for me hopefully as I was just diagnosed this week, just waiting for the official report to be posted now.

Anyways, good luck! :)