Neologism, word playing, idiosyncratic humour

Page 32 of 35 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 7:03 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
Found in an old notebook: three words I made up while cleaning student kitchens.

GRUST (n.) A substance composed of blended grease and dust. At first glance, it seems "grust" might be confused with "grease and rust." However, one good thing about an aerosolysed-vegetable-oil-rich atmosphere is protection from corrosion.

GRINT (n.) A substance composed of blended grease and lint. Often found in extractor fans. You'll notice a pattern here.

GROTH (n.) A very sad substance found typically on window ledges. It is composed of grease and dead moths.

Grust sounds like the newest hybrid of grindcore and crust punk.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 2:51 pm

Gatomon sequence (aka Tailmon sequence) - ascending or descending arithmetical or geometrical sequence formed by at least three additive prime numbers which all have the same sum of digits which is also an additive prime number. 5, 23, 41 and 191, 227, 263 are Gatomon sequences (Tailmon sequences). My "mentality" wants to commemorate a cute catlike creature from Digimon franchise by naming such sequences as "Gatomon sequences" ("Tailmon sequences"). I do not know if there are any other Gatomon sequences, for example also in decimal system.

5 = 5; 2+3 = 5; 4+1 = 5.
5 - an additive prime number.
5, 23, 41 - common difference is 18.

1+9+1 = 11; 2+2+7 = 11; 2+6+3 = 11.
11 - an additive prime number (1+1 = 2).
191, 227, 263 - common difference is 36.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2022, 8:30 am

Somewhere, neurotypicals call it Finland, but in my mind its somewhere.
Maybe you have to click on the image to see it clear.

:)

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 4:59 pm

Centipedal force: a strong repulsive force exerted by large hairy centipedes. Can lift a fully-grown human onto a table.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 3:52 am

:)

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 5:51 am

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 3:32 am

♫Alle menschen werden brüder♫
Okay, but with a tree falling on my head its the end of being a mensch.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2022, 5:35 am

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2022, 1:52 pm

Jack of all trades key.

A master key that doesn't work very well. I've encountered many of these at work, including in one building where doors seemed to be randomly assigned to one of four possible keys. All of which fit so badly, quite often the correct one was the one I'd tried first and given up on after 5 minutes of frantic grinding and wriggling.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 3:52 pm

IMHOtep: someone who uses the phrase "In my humble opinion" a lot, but makes it pretty clear that they actually believe their opinion to backed by a godlike level of knowledge and infallibility. (Imhotep was a minor Egyptian god.)

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 4:10 pm

Whats the opposite of email :?:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 2:59 am

CrazyEspy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2022, 7:46 pm

I create new words all the time, my sense of humor is also really odd and abstract. I don't really tell jokes as much as incorporate a mannerism I have into some humorous twist usually involving repeating a word that was already a bit nonsensical I normally use with a diversion of my usual body language and a focus on something happening that to me was a bit odd in the details. In fact this explanation alone probably has people scratching their heads. No one is ever laughing though, NT's generally can't tell when I'm being serious or trying to be little more funny because the combination of me naturally being more bubbly with my already odd mannerisms tends to confuse many of them in the first place. I get a lot of wildly different reactions to me in public that I don't entirely understand outside of what might have happened just as much.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 7:27 pm

Współstworzenie - Polish word which might be translated as "co-creation", "cocreation", it means someone and (or) something which is created by the same divine being as you (I do not want to offend anyone, but there is only one divine being in pan-being (Polish wszechbyt; all which exist, including God and entire creation) Who created everything which is not Him from complete nothingness; I do not want to commit any sin and deprave anyone).

Cutze - blend of English "cute" and German "Katze" (which means "cat"), so this word means "cute cat".

Restroom pillows - the buttocks.
Hills of physiology - the buttocks.
"Stink canyon" - the intergluteal cleft.
"Stink cannon" - regio glutealis (buttocks area).
Humps of malodor - the buttocks.
Humps of impurity - the buttocks.
Humps of uncleanness - the buttocks.
Rearry - the word formed from word rear, analogously to the word really from word real.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 4:19 pm

https://pl.wiktionary.org/wiki/ameryka - word "ameryka" ("Ameryka" means "America") in Poznań region in Poland is a humorous word for "butt" (part of the body between back and thighs) according to the linked page.

I have such an association [rude and impolite word for behind...] in "mentality": "arizona" could mean "the buttocks"; buttocks area. Reference to two [number two means "poop"] large tourist attractions of this state: big crater (Meteor Crater) which symbolizes anus and big canyon (Grand Canyon) which symbolizes intergluteal cleft (the interval between the buttocks).

Arizona is in America and words "Arizona" and "America" have both seven letters and their first and last letters are letters "A", "a".

Words "crater" and "canyon" have both six letters and both have "c" as first letter.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 4:09 pm

Erewhon wrote:
Whats the opposite of email :?:

Why not just say enonbinary?