Neologism, word playing, idiosyncratic humour

Page 31 of 34 [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 3:25 pm

I like swimming, i like hiking, and also a little bit of cycling.
I don't like the 2 sports below. That i don't like that is actually not what i mean, i mean that 1 of those sports contains a name that has little logic in it. :)

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 6:56 pm

Erewhon wrote:
:)

Ohh that'd suck soo bad! Incorrect spelling on a tattoo or worse still, a bad portrait.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 7:17 am

Headphone 8)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 9:06 am

Danusaurus wrote:
Erewhon wrote:
:)

Ohh that'd suck soo bad! Incorrect spelling on a tattoo or worse still, a bad portrait.

Her tattoo said NO REGERTS

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:20 pm

Some dutch wordplaying, in english its the same i think.

A bit strange that there are nightmares and not nightstallions.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:27 pm

I caught myself referring to a baby elephant as a "trunklet" the other day.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 7:03 am

Long time ago my grandmother did also have a windows-chatroom. Bill Gates wasnt even born during that time.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 5:12 pm

Что это за гатомонство? - Google Translator gives in English: What is this gatomony? In Polish (not from Google Translator) this Russian phrase would mean "Co to za gatomoństwo?" Last word in these phrases is formed from the word Gatomon, which is the name of a creature from Digimon franchise (which is also known as Tailmon). That creature resembles a cat or just is a cat. Spanish "gato" means "cat", I think that you rather knew it before reading this post. Gatomon/Tailmon can be strikingly cute and sweet for me. It is an innocent-looking (often somewhat anthropomorphic) she-cat.

I fantasize about "Digimons" like Celarsmon (kyuukyoku, Mega) and Ontomon (chou kyuukyoku, Super Mega), which I imagine as "the most powerful Digimon which can exist" which can be also formed from "DNA fusion" of two mighty fictional Mega Digimon: Hedonemon and Vihudomon. Celarsmon - from "celibacy" and "arsen" (word which meant (might mean) "male" (Polish: męskie) in Greek, also associated (rude nomen-omen :oops: ) with arsenic ("euphemism" or "humorous synonym") for the area between the back and thighs). Ontomon - ontology, "onto" is associated with "philosophical" being. "Hedone" - Greek for "pleasure". "Vihudo" - associated with own-modificated (in spelling and pronunciation) Polish word wygoda, which means "comfort". So "being" Digimon (Ontomon - "Beingmon" which likes being benign - a word play) "could be made" from "pleasure" and "comfort" which are something "obviously good". I imagine Celarsmon as being made of the hardest metal and completely non-organic, many-winged and very "slashy" Digimon and Ontomon as "spiritual Digimon" which "exceeds" matter, if it has shape, it is even more "winged" and "slashy" than Celarsmon.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 7:30 pm

オントモン - Ontomon written in katakana.

I have thoughts that I "became Ontomon" due to grace of The Absolute good will... Its attacks my "mentality" could name as, for example, "Amalia Blazer" or "Yestemnitz Attack".

"Amalia" is associated with "a" ("no", "not", like in atheism) and "mal" ("evil", like in malevolence), "ia" is a suffix which forms (or at least is present in) nouns (or maybe also adjectives???), like in euphoria.
"Yestemnitz" - modified spelling of Polish phrase "jestem nic" which means "I am nothing" ("nic" is here in nominative case), this attack is associated with humility before The One.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 3:04 pm

Surowiactwo - my Polish neologism for being harsh, severe, requiring difficult. Might be translated as something like "harshism", "severism". My mentality hates surowiactwo. Google did not found the exact word "surowiactwo" today.

Itarity (Polish: itarność) - word associated with theological terms like unitarity, trinitarity. Means something like "number of "hypostases", "persons" in a single being".

Niezłorództwo - my Polish neologism for the state of having existence without necessity of any evil (like, for example, sin or pain). "Nie" means "no", "zło" means "evil", "rództwo" is a noun or a suffix asscoiated with the verb "rodzić" (to bear - for example, a child during childbirth).

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 5:13 pm

Phuzzet - a severe misspelling of Polish word "facet", which in colloquial language means "a guy", "an adult male human". "Phu" part would be pronounciated as [fa] read in Polish, "zz" as "z" in German ("c" in Polish), "et" as [et] in Polish.

Whiskered friend - a cat (Felis catus), eventually any other whiskered animal (especially pet animal), like dog or rabbit. In Polish "wąsaty przyjaciel". In Russian "усатый друг" ("usatyy drug").

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 5:59 pm

Capimizarsena - word formed by concatenation of words in Polish phrase "capi mi z arsena", which means (colloquially and in some form of a slang) "it stinks from my arsenic", where "arsenic" means "butt", "backside", "bottom", "bum", "behind" (this meaning is, "obviously", formed due to association with the spelling of impolite word for rear end in British English). In Ukrainian: цапімізарсена.

My "mentality" likes to name the "butt" as "arsenic" (in Polish: "arsen") very much... The words "arsen"/"arsenic" usually means the cheeks divided by an obvious interval (regio glutealis), not the opening in the interval below the cheeks.

Small Greek letter omega looks quite like an "arsenic" :oops: I might name the "arsenic" "omeżka", which is Polish dimunitive of word "omega".

Quite many people write the letter "w" (by hand) in such a way that it also looks like an "arsenic" :oops: So the "arsenic" might be also named "śmierdzące wu" ("stinky double u").

Another interesting thing is that Polish name of chemical element with atomic number 38 (period 5, group 2 - between rubidium and yttrium (horizontally) or calcium and barium (vertically)) means "sh*t" (maybe it is somewhat milder than English sh-word, I do not know) in Dutch language. Polish and Dutch words have the same spelling.

Chemical symbol of element with atomic number 29 means "a**"/"ar*e" in Portuguese language (in Portuguese it is probably more often not written with capital letter (the chemical symbols are written with capital letter) at the beginning that written as such).

Syllables of Polish name of precious chemical element with atomic number 79 means "evil" (first syllable) and "it" (second one) in Polish.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 6:32 pm

Erewhon wrote:
Some dutch wordplaying, in english its the same i think.

A bit strange that there are nightmares and not nightstallions.

Hmmm...

"Nightstallion".

That would make a good slang term for a gigolo. Like the movie title "Midnight Cowboy". :lol:

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 5:39 pm

Okonomiyazaki. A pancake with a Studio Ghibli character drawn on it in sauce. (From okonomiyaki: a kind of Japanese pancake, often containing cabbage; and Hayao Miyazaki, the famous anime film director.)

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 5:50 pm

Found in an old notebook: three words I made up while cleaning student kitchens.

GRUST (n.) A substance composed of blended grease and dust. At first glance, it seems "grust" might be confused with "grease and rust." However, one good thing about an aerosolysed-vegetable-oil-rich atmosphere is protection from corrosion.

GRINT (n.) A substance composed of blended grease and lint. Often found in extractor fans. You'll notice a pattern here.

GROTH (n.) A very sad substance found typically on window ledges. It is composed of grease and dead moths.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 6:37 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

"Nightstallion".

That would make a good slang term for a gigolo. Like the movie title "Midnight Cowboy". :lol:

When word processors first appeared, they were very happily adopted by a newspaper employee who had the job of changing all the TV listings for customers in the next time zone. Then they ran a listing for "1 AM Cowboy."