Neologism, word playing, idiosyncratic humour

Page 30 of 34 [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 10:08 am

Arszeń (Russian: аршень (arshen')) - new word for the buttocks or anal opening. The word is a modification of the word "arsen" (which means "arsenic" in Polish). The word arszeń in Polish can be masculine or feminine.

The word arszeń (аршень) looks very nice to me... It is associated with chemical element with atomic number 33 and "nether face" at the same time for me. Btw, "nether face" means the buttocks (gluteal region), of course.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 11:58 am

Hiarzułko - my Polish neologism for a girl, large modification of English word "girl" with a dimunitive suffix -ko.
Hiarzuł - word without that suffix, which also means a girl.

G -> H;
i -> ia [ya];
r -> rz (pronounced like Russian "zh");
"u" appears between the consonants;
l -> ł (pronounced like "w" in English).

My mentality likes to use these words and similar ones to describe my sister :wink: Because she is an "adult girl" and still looks rather like a girl than like a woman.

I can feel "need" for hugging, caressing my sister (of course, not in sexual/erotic way) because she looks "cute", "sweet" for me. Cat can give me similar feelings.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 11:32 am

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 12:43 pm

No. 33, smelly no. 33 - regio glutealis.
From the atomic number of arsenic, which has the name which four first letters form rude term for the region of the body located between back and thighs in British English.

Hornet hole - something which in Italian language is known as ano.
To let the hornet fly - to pass loud and smelly poot using opening in someone's number thirty-three.
Hornet burst, hornet cannonade - serie of loud, malodorous passings of intestinal gases.
To hornet (verb) - to flatulate loudly, especially if smelly.
Hornet pillows - nates.
Hornet nest - regio glutealis (which has one opening in lower part of it by which the "hornets" leave it).
Hornet tunnels - the intestines, especially the large intestine.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 8:06 am

Some translation about the word playing in the picture.

"Shall we have a cup of coffee together :?:"

"You misspelled wine ... "

Is this also dyslexia? :)

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2021, 4:45 am

I've always thought it horribly ironic that the word "Dyslexia" is so hard to spell. I sometimes call it "Dilxepia," pronounced "dill-ksee-pee-ahh"

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2021, 4:58 am

English needs even more confusing homophones than it has already, so I've come up with a way of generating them.

Some nouns end in -er because they are formed from verbs, eg. "walker" as someone or something that does walking.
Some verbs alread end in -er, like "wander." To make a noun from them, you add another -er: "wanderer."

But what if you don't add another -er, and just keep them as they are to turn them into a noun based on a new, shorter verb? So:
Wander = someone who wands.
Hover = someone who hovs.
Encounter = someone who encounts.
Bicker = someone who bicks.
etc. etc.

Now I'd just have to figure out what all the new verbs mean. There are over 600 English verbs ending in -er, so it might take a while.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 10:21 am

Yesterday i found Fnord's avatar on a dutch website.
I like the humor of this wordplaying.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2021, 9:33 am

ポドスラチニク (podosurachiniku) - Google did not found this Japanese word, it is "japanization" of (possibly vulgar) Russian term подсрачник (podsrachnik) which looks funny to my mentality...

アルセニックギア (arusenikkugia) - a "japanization" of phrase "Arsenic Gear" ("arsenic" for me means region between back and thighs). Of course I do not want any immodesty or sin! But the "arsenic" is the most funny part of the body for my "nature".

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 12:34 pm

Like a monkey with diarrhea, this s**t is bananas.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 1:59 pm

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 11:23 pm

Erewhon wrote:

OMG.. that’s lol af. :lol:

CinderashAutomaton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jun 2021, 1:02 am

I'll comment more later when I have more time/energy. Just wanted to note a few things before I forget.

I love word play! I grew up writting in a personal journal filled with word play, and eventually also started writing poetry in which word play also took on the shapes and rhythms of poetry. Layered meanings are one of my favorite thing ever. The more you can jam into the most concise of packages in the most clever manner, the better. I once wrote a poem, I think around 6-8 lines, where every line meant something different if you paired it with the line above or below, or read it by itself.

Also, the book/movie/screenplay Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead was amazing. The word play, and play in general was great. Plenty of layered meanings. It's even up on youtube.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 8:45 am

The 'crossing' between a kangaroo and a zebra :)

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 11:37 am

Watching Football :)

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 11:18 am

For somebody who thinks in pictures this is also word-playing~ear-playing.
Vincent himself was also good in pictures, btw, the picture is not really humor.

Hond means dog in my mothertounge :)