Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 5:35 pm

I was just curious. I'm not sure if it's an autism thing, but I was still wondering. I get bored easily by a lot of things. I even get bored of things in my routine. D: Right now, I'm kind of bored of the forums I've been mingling on. >< I don't know what other forums to join, and the one I want to join is still rejecting me.

Shelldor2015
Raven
Raven

Location: In a Bob Ross painting looking at pretty little clouds and talking to happy little trees.

13 Dec 2014, 5:47 pm

LokiofSassgard wrote:
I was just curious. I'm not sure if it's an autism thing, but I was still wondering. I get bored easily by a lot of things. I even get bored of things in my routine. D: Right now, I'm kind of bored of the forums I've been mingling on. >< I don't know what other forums to join, and the one I want to join is still rejecting me.

I get bored even while doing my favorite things. You are not alone.

AQ 46

"If there is a 50-50 chance something will go wrong, 9 times out of 10 it will" Paul Harvey

alex
Developer
Developer

13 Dec 2014, 5:49 pm

I can definitely get bored easily.

BunnyMum
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Dec 2014, 6:28 pm

Yes, I do. It drives me mad! I learn a new skill, get really good at it, then get really bored with it and move on to something new. And that is why I've never got very far with anything in life... I get bored and move on...

Honestly, if I could have stuck with one of my special interests for long enough I'm sure I would be a rich woman by now. Most of my special interests that I became really good and skilled at had the potential to make money. Sigh :-(

I don't seem to have any control over getting bored with things but if anyone has a secret to staying interested in something until you become really successful with it, I'd love to know.

I have thought it could be due to lack of confidence with me. I get very anxious when thinking about sharing my skills with others and often lose interest at that point, thinking my work won't be good enough.

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 7:02 pm

Yes. And for some reason the past week I have very little interest in anything, no drives or obsessions. Kind of nice because then my mind is free to attend to other things, but I have no interest to pull me through the day and motivate me and now I can just lay around all day and stim and stare and look at WP. It's kind of painful feeling. I'm not accustomed to this level of indifference or lack of focus. It's probably from my mind wearing out from anxiety from the changes I am making and I am trying to handle that. Feels like I am 12 again. I hope that once this change finishes I will get back to normal.

Defies categorization. A mixed bag.

hilaryy_renee_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Dec 2014, 7:06 pm

It depends on each situation.
I can get bored very easily, especially if it's something that I'm not interested in.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm

Boredom usually comes upon me when (1) an event is going on that I am not interested in, and (2) obligations, illness, or some other factor prevents me from leaving.

Example: I ran a video camera for a junior-college football game. Neither side was very adept, and football is not something that interests me at all; but the pay was good, and I needed the class credit, so leaving was not an option.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

13 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm

Very easily, some times I get stupid and crazy ideas, makes me believe that loneliness can make you go insane.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 7:44 pm

Yes I get bored easily. I can even get bored of being in the same mental state for too long.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Dec 2014, 11:21 pm

I do but I have ADD & get kind of burnt-out with things but don't have many interests

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 11:34 pm

Absolutely, but I think it's more of an ADHD thing.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 1:42 am

Yes. But I have learned to control it better by not being all annoying about it. Once I realized how it felt for others, I started working on it so I wouldn't be a hypocrite.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 1:45 am

I'm pretty sure that I've never experienced boredom.
Can someone explain it? or whatever you're talking about?

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 4:33 am

Yes, most of the time.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 4:41 am

olympiadis wrote:
I'm pretty sure that I've never experienced boredom.
Can someone explain it? or whatever you're talking about?

A vague sense of frustration brought on by impatience with the current activity. I suppose that using terminology you frequently utilize, bored would be an imagined state, and it would be frustration that you feel, and this frustration can escalate to anger. Frustration again, is only really a label for stress, but mentally, that's what the emotions are referred to as.

For example, when you're lining up, you become bored, because you don't enjoy it and there's nothing you can do except be stuck in the situation.

I hope this is what you meant by explaining it. If your brain automatically rejects the imaginary/constructed world and only the real travels through the filter, it wouldn't be surprising that you don't think you've felt it before. Alternatively, you could just enjoy thinking so much and have a hyperactive brain, effectively entertaining yourself and never experiencing the frustration.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 4:54 am

Easily bored? Yes, and yes. And just because I'm used only to certain things, and just because I'm rather comfortable with the same things all over again, doesn't mean I don't get bored or sick of it. XD

But of course, I won't go too far or cross the line just to get rid of my boredom. I don't annoy anyone just for boredom. I don't whine about it unless what I'm being asked to do is not reasonable enough regardless. Nor do anything risky. I'm very aware that 'fun' is a very temporary thing, so I prefer the ones on the long term, not in a spontaneous manner. So best thing I do is entertain myself. When doing nothing but waiting, I could just daydream and alter my time perception to 'faster'.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.