Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 4:54 am

Easily bored? Yes, and yes. And just because I'm used only to certain things, and just because I'm rather comfortable with the same things all over again, doesn't mean I don't get bored or sick of it. XD

But of course, I won't go too far or cross the line just to get rid of my boredom. I don't annoy anyone just for boredom. I don't whine about it unless what I'm being asked to do is not reasonable enough regardless. Nor do anything risky. I'm very aware that 'fun' is a very temporary thing, so I prefer the ones on the long term, not in a spontaneous manner. So best thing I do is entertain myself. When doing nothing but waiting, I could just daydream and alter my time perception to 'faster'.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 4:59 am

I don't really get bored too easily, actually, I can do the same thing for 19 hours on end without feeling bored for a second. If I'm incredibly interested in said thing, aspie special interest, if you will.

But everything that falls short of said interest.. kind of sucks. :| I usually only post on WP for 30 minutes until I get bored.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 11:55 pm

boredom is my buddy :) it is excitement that is a bit sticky for me.

King_oni
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Dec 2014, 2:04 am

Oh yes... I just have this need to be constantly stimulated otherwise it'll just bore me and I'll move on finding something else. I always want to push the envelope, which I think is just something that's a bit of my personality. It also means that fighting boredom for me can get out of hand quickly. I might be busy on my computer, and in 30 minutes I'm on the train going somewhere... with practically no planning. But hey, I often like doing things on a whim (how un-aspie of me, hah. Yet in defense; I like doing things on a whim when I, myself want to do them; someone randomly asking me to do something on a whim is mostly likely answered with "no").

It's also why I'm the worst with money. I just need to keep busy with things that interest me; right here and right now. Mind you, I keep an eye out to not rack up huge debts, but in terms of saving (whatever I could save with my income), it's not happening.

A lot of stuff I see just doesn't connect with me. I could be staring at a television show and just see moving images, which I barely register. And perhaps my mind at some point also tells me "well, isn't this a waste of time?". I rather find something that keeps my mind active, interested and occupied for extended periods.

The upside however; even substances became boring, so they never stuck as an addiction either.

As 886 already said; yeah, I can also do things for hours, without getting bored. If it's an interest of mine. That's aspie obsession and hyperfocus right there. Luckily I have a few hobbies that are actually pretty big on hogging up my time, so I can sometimes get lost for hours there. Honestly; if I didn't have those, I'm quite sure I'd be screwed big time.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 3:41 am

Norny wrote:
olympiadis wrote:
I'm pretty sure that I've never experienced boredom.
Can someone explain it? or whatever you're talking about?

A vague sense of frustration brought on by impatience with the current activity. I suppose that using terminology you frequently utilize, bored would be an imagined state, and it would be frustration that you feel, and this frustration can escalate to anger. Frustration again, is only really a label for stress, but mentally, that's what the emotions are referred to as.

For example, when you're lining up, you become bored, because you don't enjoy it and there's nothing you can do except be stuck in the situation.

I hope this is what you meant by explaining it. If your brain automatically rejects the imaginary/constructed world and only the real travels through the filter, it wouldn't be surprising that you don't think you've felt it before. Alternatively, you could just enjoy thinking so much and have a hyperactive brain, effectively entertaining yourself and never experiencing the frustration.

Yes I get frustrated with a great many situations, - perhaps too many.
My mind just quickly goes off to another place and tries to solve some other problems, or does something like pondering particle physics.
Is boredom the inability to occupy your mind with something of interest ?

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 4:01 am

olympiadis wrote:
Yes I get frustrated with a great many situations, - perhaps too many.
My mind just quickly goes off to another place and tries to solve some other problems, or does something like pondering particle physics.
Is boredom the inability to occupy your mind with something of interest ?

Yeah.

If I have a lot to think about I rarely get bored, but lately I haven't had much to interest me and I'm sick of cycling through the same thoughts, so I have been getting bored very easily.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 5:44 am

I get bored really easy, and my job is boring. never had a job I wasnt bored with. being bored makes me frustrated and depressed. sometimes I dread work. it's an aspie thing. we need more challenge and stimulation.

PurpleStrawberry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2014, 10:50 am

Yes, I do. I often have to do two things at the same time to avoid getting bored, no matter how much I value the first thing of those two :P

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 2:34 pm

I can get bored quite easily - unless it's one of my obsessions in which case I hyperfocus on it for extended periods of time.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 6:43 pm

I can't remember ever not having interesting things to think about.
I'm often not interested in what is in front of me at the time,
but instead of experiencing this "boredom" my mind just immediately sets about doing other stuff, - normally trying to solve some of the multitude of problems that I keep in my head which are (I think) very interesting. Perhaps this is why people think were are in some kind of trance a lot of the time?
or perhaps this is why many of us can actually enjoy doing repetitive types of jobs?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 6:47 pm

I found things became more interesting when I was on stimulant meds or taking caffeine. :drunken: