Why do "nice guys" care about gay girls?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2014, 4:59 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Whenever I hear that "no one will date me", I always wonder how many girls they've actually asked. :chin:

Is the OP more of an asker or an askee? Which is a question which tends to be overlooked, especially in the "straight scene".

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 8:06 pm

mpe wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Whenever I hear that "no one will date me", I always wonder how many girls they've actually asked. :chin:

Is the OP more of an asker or an askee? Which is a question which tends to be overlooked, especially in the "straight scene".

If you are truly interested in someone, I think you should be the asker. Waiting for someone to fall into your lap really cuts down opportunity.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 1:33 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:

Undesirable guys with unattractive looks and/or character exist, you know. Why is it too hard for you to believe that?

There are things that the majority (almost all) of women find unattractive; also rejections destroy the spirit if they're too many.

People are *not* very unique in everything regarding preferences and exceptions are super rare and not always better, they're all of the same species after all.

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2014, 2:06 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
If you are truly interested in someone, I think you should be the asker. Waiting for someone to fall into your lap really cuts down opportunity.

More likely an askee would want to try and "hint" to someone they like.
The issue is if an askee doing the asking is something trivial or is it akin to expecting a gay person to "be straight".

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2014, 2:17 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:

Undesirable guys with unattractive looks and/or character exist, you know. Why is it too hard for you to believe that?

It would actually be "undesirable people" of all types and orientations.
In the case of character traits it may not be obvious to anyone concerned why someone is unattractive.
It can also happen that an apparently unremarkable person is seen as highly attractive.

Quote:
There are things that the majority (almost all) of women find unattractive; also rejections destroy the spirit if they're too many.

People are *not* very unique in everything regarding preferences and exceptions are super rare and not always better, they're all of the same species after all.

Or the existance of such "exceptions" might be of no practical relevence.
e.g. they may be in closed relationships or thousands of miles away.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 4:35 am

Fnord wrote:
Hypocrisy is also an unattractive trait.

:lol:

who me? I am not a hypocrite. I don't find many people boring and would not call others it or base dating them on one and only one part of relationship. reality check and what I meant to get a cross is no one can be boring. so saying someone is boring cause they don't take interest in your hobbies and therefore they will be forever alone is just mean.

to some endless hours of shopping might be fun. others they might find it boring. doesn't make the person boring.

MjrMajorMajor wrote:

far too many. such a waste of my time. women here are too picky and want the 1/100 perfect guy. or the generic "country guy"

as to being mean. I have seen women here who date bad abusive guy after bad abusive guy. so logic holds If i became a bad abusive guy I could have a higher probability to date those women then I currently do. don't know about desirable women as I don't classify women as desirable or not or real/not real or / quality/not quality. people aren't objects to me. doesn't' matter anyways, I'm non violent(can't abuse) and I can't bring myself to be an as*hole(requires lying)

Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 6:29 am

sly279 wrote:

as to being mean. I have seen women here who date bad abusive guy after bad abusive guy. so logic holds If i became a bad abusive guy I could have a higher probability to date those women then I currently do. don't know about desirable women as I don't classify women as desirable or not or real/not real or / quality/not quality. people aren't objects to me. doesn't' matter anyways, I'm non violent(can't abuse) and I can't bring myself to be an as*hole(requires lying)

I think the whole nice guy argument would have a lot more of a case if the word "soft" was used in place of nice. All the counter arguments for nice guys are surrounding the word "nice" and it's nonsense.. I think we all know now that nice guys are capable of misogyny and being a douche, the entire internet knows. I don't get why it's so hard to admit that most women just don't like dating men who aren't very aggressive and are shy.

As far as the OP, I've never seen that before, but you'll run into a lot of weirdos on the internet :|

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 6:36 am

886 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I think the whole nice guy argument would have a lot more of a case if the word "soft" was used in place of nice. All the counter arguments for nice guys are surrounding the word "nice" and it's nonsense.. I think we all know now that nice guys are capable of misogyny and being a douche, the entire internet knows. I don't get why it's so hard to admit that most women just don't like dating men who aren't very aggressive and are shy.

As far as the OP, I've never seen that before, but you'll run into a lot of weirdos on the internet :|

Those women are dating these abusive men because of other qualities they have ie. confidence and success in life, hot looks, masked by social charm...etc, and not because they're abusive.
So sly's logic is flawed, if he becomes an abusive guy while he's still with the same conditions (fat, unemployed, low esteem, AS...etc) then he'll do even worse.

And here we go again, Nice Guy vs Jerks and why Jerks are better...bla bla.

OP, now about the lesbian Nice Girls....that's new.

Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 6:50 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
886 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Those women are dating these abusive men because of other qualities they have ie. confidence and success in life, hot looks, masked by social charm...etc, and not because they're abusive.
So sly's logic is flawed, if he becomes an abusive guy while he's still with the same conditions (fat, unemployed, low esteem, AS...etc) then he'll do even worse.

I don't think any girl ever got with a guy after knowing he was abusive the day they met. I kind of assumed he had more to his argument then he'd get girls if he started beating them. :| I would hope he did, anyway. I mostly just wanted to throw my bit into the argument I suppose.

I don't know how it goes for the gay girl crowd, though. What I do know is my little cousin recently came out of the closet (although it shocked absolutely no one) but she's 15 and her new girlfriend is 17. Her girlfriend fits the "bad girl" mold in every sense of the word, she's out smoking pot like a chimney and I don't think she does anything in school. And from what I gather from her, she likes to pick a lot of fights. It worries me because my cousin is very impressionable and I know this girl could control her if she really wanted to. I don't understand why people like the "bad" stereotype, but everyone's entitled to be attracted to whatever the hell they want to be.

The whole nice guys debate on WP does needs to die, though.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 6:56 am

886 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
886 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I don't think any girl ever got with a guy after knowing he was abusive the day they met. I kind of assumed he had more to his argument then he'd get girls if he started beating them. :| I would hope he did, anyway. I mostly just wanted to throw my bit into the argument I suppose.

I don't know how it goes for the gay girl crowd, though. What I do know is my little cousin recently came out of the closet (although it shocked absolutely no one) but she's 15 and her new girlfriend is 17. Her girlfriend fits the "bad girl" mold in every sense of the word, she's out smoking pot like a chimney and I don't think she does anything in school. And from what I gather from her, she likes to pick a lot of fights. It worries me because my cousin is very impressionable and I know this girl could control her if she really wanted to. I don't understand why people like the "bad" stereotype, but everyone's entitled to be attracted to whatever the hell they want to be.

Yeah, it does need to die.

And it should be replaced by Nice Girls vs Bad Girls!!

I've known Nice Girls who were typically hypocrites and rotten very deeply inside, I can go on pages about this breed of humans.

Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 7:15 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
886 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
886 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I've known Nice Girls who were typically hypocrites and rotten very deeply inside, I can go on pages about this breed of humans.

I have too, I've known a "nice" girl who turned out to be the biggest manipulative as*hole on a planet. I'm not going to go into detail, either. So, I fully emphasize the argument. Even the ones who seem the most shy and non-violent can actually, if not more so, be capable of manipulation. I have personally known the nice ones to take out years of frustration and non-success out on the opposite gender and turn out to use and manipulate people themselves.

And yet I've known the ones who seem "bad" are usually just insecure and cynical based on previous bad relationships, and deep down want a good one, but just don't know how to get it.

Actually you know what? Everyone sucks and we're all terrible people. :heart:

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 1:09 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
That's like me concluding that men like to date ugly girls because I am hot and I still don't have a boyfriend.

Oh, good evening miss. :mrgreen:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 5:24 pm

886 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
886 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
886 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I have too, I've known a "nice" girl who turned out to be the biggest manipulative as*hole on a planet. I'm not going to go into detail, either. So, I fully emphasize the argument. Even the ones who seem the most shy and non-violent can actually, if not more so, be capable of manipulation. I have personally known the nice ones to take out years of frustration and non-success out on the opposite gender and turn out to use and manipulate people themselves.

And yet I've known the ones who seem "bad" are usually just insecure and cynical based on previous bad relationships, and deep down want a good one, but just don't know how to get it.

Actually you know what? Everyone sucks and we're all terrible people. :heart:

Frenemy-ness and pseudo-niceness is more common among women especially toward other women, most women will testify how many of their female friends/coworkers/colleagues in their life turned out to be backstabbers and gossipers while they were pretending to be so nice, I've witnesses so much of this s**t in the office hence why I believe this stereotype is very...very true.

Frenemy among guys can (yet really rarely) happen among guys but it usually doesn't last, they either get along again or they become obvious enemies, no pseudo-niceness involved.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 8:33 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
886 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

most jerks seem to have high self esteem, confidence and social skills. so it makes up for them being fat/unemployed.

I though apparently have to make up my having as, low self esteem/ugly/fat, with a job and money.

I mean its pretty confident to think you can go out in the world and just take whatever you want or attack who ever you want. that screams confidence to me.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 11:30 pm

8) Hes right!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 6:39 am

"Why do "nice guys" care about gay girls?"

Because they're desperately and stubbornly hoping you'd "convert" to liking them sexually, as if they think they got that superpower to change a girl's sexual orientation.