Page 5 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

B19
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 3:59 pm

What you see (you general not you specific) depends on where you stand, what your experience has been, what you have believed and not believed, what you hope for.. no-one is ever 100% objective, not scientists, not any one on the planet. That's the human condition..

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 4:00 pm

aghogday wrote:

The only thing that I am personally concerned about in this whole pie is the harm that comes to Naive Autistic folks online by believing the conspiracies about a so-called HATE GROUP.

Are you suggesting autistic people can't form their own opinions, but are naive and swayed by other. If so, with all due respect, that's the kind of ableist attitude autism organizations need to preach against.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 4:09 pm

Moromillas wrote:
aghogday wrote:
It appears that we do not disagree at all, as it seems you misunderstood my comment above and perhaps you have not read my other LENGTHY comments in this discussion, AS I clearly state THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE that 'Autism Speaks' speaks for the overall spectrum per rarely at all, for the type of Autism, overall, that posts here, per that general 11% statistic from the CDC.

You don't? What's this?

aghogday wrote:
So it is rational to suggest that Autism Speaks is still speaking for the majority of the spectrum WHATEVER THAT IS, OTHER THAN the folks who post here.

Your comments, are all ad nauseam, and shotgun. You've designed them so the normal person is not meant to read through them all, and it doesn't make them credible, not even slightly. It can also be seen as a way to slip something by others, making it quite a dishonest way to argue. Sadder still, there's a chance you might think them credible, rather than a parody.

I mean, look at all this nonsense:

aghogday wrote:
The only thing that I am personally concerned about in this whole pie is the harm that comes to Naive Autistic folks online by believing the conspiracies about a so-called HATE GROUP.

You assert that calling Speaks a hate group is some sort of conspiracy, ok.

aghogday wrote:
The Autism Speaks organization sees Autism as disease and as curable disease, simple as that, as many other folks do in science as well.

So now you're admitting that they view us as "curable disease", these are all your words. wtf

I appreciate that you actually quoted what I said as the issue here is clearly one of miscommunication in your ability to understand my style of writing that is rarely below the college PLUS level of comprehension.

The first two paragraphs that you compare mean the same thing.

I am very specific and detailed in the way I write in not making any absolutes, and yes that can look a 'little' convoluted if one does not pursue the ins and outs of my grammar to make that happen, but never the less, even though it is way above 12th grade level of reading comprehension, Microsoft Word can understand it and rates it as A OK.

Suggesting that Autism Speaks is a hate group is clearly a conspiracy theory and along the lines of making it one people have created and added to 'urban legends' Online to support this conspiracy theory that I have debunked ad-nauseam on this Internet site, as lauded by past moderator Cornflake time and time again, as recorded on this website, still to date.

And I've never financially supported Autism speaks and never suggested that they are NOT OUT TO REMEDIATE THE SYMPTOMS OF ALL FORMS OF AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER, WHICH DOES FALL WELL WITHIN the modern Medical definition of the word CURE.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/cure

Definition of CURE:

Quote:
1: recovery from a disease <his cure was complete>; also : remission of signs or symptoms of a disease especially during a prolonged period of observation <a clinical cure> <5-year cure of cancer>—compare arrest
2: a drug, treatment, regimen, or other agency that cures a disease <quinine is a cure for malaria>
3: a course or period of treatment; especially : one designed to interrupt an addiction or compulsive habit or to improve general health <take a cure for alcoholism> <an annual cure at a spa>

And yes, if they could, they would do 'ONE pill' as a ONE STOP CURE, but that is no longer anyone's pipe dream who is in the Scientific know, including the Scientific Organization branch that in addition to the advocacy and public relations part of Autism Speaks make it what it is.

Hey dude, I'm a really complex Autistic Dude who has developed ALL types of Intelligence THAT I know of, so far, now, as a life long Hobby.

And yes, I am strange wherever I go, as most people are pursuing the American Illusion of pursuing Material GOODS and false riches instead of what I KNOW IS HUMAN BLISS IN ALL BALANCES OF HUMAN INTELLIGENCE(S).

I've had 54 years to go the other way, and sweet success is what I LIVE AND BREATHE IN REAL HUMANS RICHES OF SUCCESS IN HEALTH AND WELL BEING BALANCE.

AND YES, I have irrefutable evidence everywhere I go to prove that amazing Autistic thingy and or real life story..;)

I'd write a book, but I neither care for the money or the fame, even IF people could understand the way I communicate OUT 'ThERE' in the watered down he(A)rd. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 4:20 pm

PlainsAspie wrote:
aghogday wrote:

Are you suggesting autistic people can't form their own opinions, but are naive and swayed by other. If so, with all due respect, that's the kind of ableist attitude autism organizations need to preach against.

The New England Journal OF MEDICINE suggests that there is a small but ever present part of the general population, which does include Autistic folks, who are more susceptible to believing conspiracy theories, whether that is the 'Alex Jones' kind per the 'big bad government' is 'coming to get you' conspiracy theories or whether it is the 'Autism Speaks Hate Group' is 'coming to get you' conspiracy theory, or the 'Vaccines cause all Autism Spectrum Disease Conspiracy' Thingy.

No, not all Autistic people are naive like this, but yes, as science shows a minority of all human beings do tend to go with this 'sheep type' of flow.

Sometimes they are just desperate to be part of a group, any group, for the basic need of social bonding and will follow any common purpose, positive or negative, to make that a reality in their life, no matter how many negative emotions of hate, anxiety, and fear go along to taint the general direction of the social bonding part of it.

So yeah, I understand why and have expressed empathy for that sad BUT REAL part of human nature, at times here too, specifically in this discussion, as well.

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 4:49 pm

aghogday wrote:
PlainsAspie wrote:
aghogday wrote:

The New England Journal OF MEDICINE suggests that there is a small but ever present part of the general population, which does include Autistic folks, who are more susceptible to believing conspiracy theories, whether that is the 'Alex Jones' kind per the 'big bad government' is 'coming to get you' conspiracy theories or whether it is the 'Autism Speaks Hate Group' is 'coming to get you' conspiracy theory, or the 'Vaccines cause all Autism Spectrum Disease Conspiracy' Thingy.

No, not all Autistic people are naive like this, but yes, as science shows a minority of all human beings do tend to go with this 'sheep type' of flow.

Sometimes they are just desperate to be part of a group, any group, for the basic need of social bonding and will follow any common purpose, positive or negative, to make that a reality in their life, no matter how many negative emotions of hate, anxiety, and fear go along to taint the general direction of the social bonding part of it.

So yeah, I understand why and have expressed empathy for that sad BUT REAL part of human nature, at times here too, specifically in this discussion, as well.

1. Belief that ANY autism is caused by vaccines is either based on a conspiratorial mindset or on lack of accurate information.

2. I don't think Autism Speaks being a hate group is a conspiracy theory. Hate Group is such a subjective term that the statement is a mere matter of opinion. I could say either the GOP and Democratic party was a hate group. That makes me narrow-minded, but not necessarily a conspiracy theorist. Suggesting Autism Speaks wants to commit genocide by means of mass euthanasia and/or mass sterilization would be a conspiracy theory since it's utterly without any credible evidence.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Dec 2014, 4:57 pm

aghogday wrote:
THAT SCIENCE DOES NOW SHOW DRIVES EMOTIONAL REGULATION AND SENSORY INTERGRATION is THE ONE CAUSE OF so-called HIGHER FUNCTIONING AUTISM.

The diagnosis for Asperger's syndrome was extremely watered down, and in effect simply Autism Lite, as the DSMIV deciding committee was....

Ugh, stop calling things science.

That's an interesting belief. For those individuals that think Aspergians are non-existent or start calling it a milder, or watered down version of Autism, I strongly believe we should round them all up and put them in a containment zone, away from civilization... Preferably under sea level.

aghogday wrote:
the issue here is clearly one of miscommunication in your ability to understand my style of writing that is rarely below the college PLUS level of comprehension ... it is way above 12th grade level of reading comprehension. Microsoft Word can understand it and rates it as A OK.

lol
It's as I feared, you just think everyone else has a problem.
No, Microsoft word doesn't have the ability to detect fallacy, nonsense, or stupidity.
I'm not going to waste my time reiterating and repeatedly explaining concepts like ad nauseam and shotgun argumentation. I've already explained it sufficiently, and why it's dishonest, you can keep bumbling around for as long as you please.
The part where you talked about yourself in the 3rd person was quite, troubling.

For everyone else, here's some definitive definitions of hate group:

FBI: "primary purpose is to promote animosity, hostility, and malice against persons belonging to a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or ethnicity/national origin which differs from that of the members of the organization."

SPLC: "those having beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_group
(AKA, part of the conspiracy against the innocent Autism Speaks)

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 4:59 pm

Over the summer, someone accused my lab of being a hate group for doing autism research, and also assumed that the lab must be affiliated with autism speaks (no, it is not). They also accused me of hiding something about the lab, such as the unfact that it is affiliated with autism speaks (no, it is not). They also accused the fMRI facility of being a hate group for allowing research groups to do autism research using the fMRI.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm

PlainsAspie wrote:
aghogday wrote:
PlainsAspie wrote:
aghogday wrote:

1. Belief that ANY autism is caused by vaccines is either based on a conspiratorial mindset or on lack of accurate information.

2. I don't think Autism Speaks being a hate group is a conspiracy theory. Hate Group is such a subjective term that the statement is a mere matter of opinion. I could say either the GOP and Democratic party was a hate group. That makes me narrow-minded, but not necessarily a conspiracy theorist. Suggesting Autism Speaks wants to commit genocide by means of mass euthanasia and/or mass sterilization would be a conspiracy theory since it's utterly without any credible evidence.

Thanks for clarifying, but with ALL due respect, a non-profit volunteer organization run by one of the most respected corporate CEO's ever to serve in the U.S., is as far from so-called hate group as any organization in the U.S. per any definition that I for one have ever seen of the phrase hate group.

And yes, no doubt some of them are at that point of hating some folks online who express slander against kind and caring parents of Autistic folks who get paid and other parents of Autistic folks who get no pay at all for supporting the organization AND AUTISTIC FOLKS in ways of work AND volunteerism, TO THE tune of hundreds of thousands of CARING VOLUNTEERS.

Personally, I think it is disgusting, but that is just my personal opinion, as I've had mucH MUCH more on my REAL LIFE plate in my life, than something like that to imagine IN WHATEVER WAY YOU ARE THINKING IT IS TRUE.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 5:03 pm

Moromillas wrote:
aghogday wrote:
THAT SCIENCE DOES NOW SHOW DRIVES EMOTIONAL REGULATION AND SENSORY INTERGRATION is THE ONE CAUSE OF so-called HIGHER FUNCTIONING AUTISM.

The diagnosis for Asperger's syndrome was extremely watered down, and in effect simply Autism Lite, as the DSMIV deciding committee was....

Ugh, stop calling things science.

That's an interesting belief. For those individuals that think Aspergians are non-existent or start calling it a milder, or watered down version of Autism, I strongly believe we should round them all up and put them in a containment zone, away from civilization... Preferably under sea level.

aghogday wrote:
the issue here is clearly one of miscommunication in your ability to understand my style of writing that is rarely below the college PLUS level of comprehension ... it is way above 12th grade level of reading comprehension. Microsoft Word can understand it and rates it as A OK.

lol
It's as I feared, you just think everyone else has a problem.
No, Microsoft word doesn't have the ability to detect fallacy, nonsense, or stupidity.
I'm not going to waste my time reiterating and repeatedly explaining concepts like ad nauseam and shotgun argumentation. I've already explained it sufficiently, and why it's dishonest, you can keep bumbling around for as long as you please.
The part where you talked about yourself in the 3rd person was quite, troubling.

For everyone else, here's some definitive definitions of hate group:

FBI: "primary purpose is to promote animosity, hostility, and malice against persons belonging to a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or ethnicity/national origin which differs from that of the members of the organization."

SPLC: "those having beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_group
(AKA, part of the conspiracy against the innocent Autism Speaks)

JUST look and learn from the two responses above, if you like.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 5:10 pm

Was that related to any specific concern Bytbnyr? I know there is the scientific concern expressed by some that the brain may function in a far more holistic way than other fMRI researchers claim, ie that the strictly mechanistic view that "this part does this" and "that part does that" as the whole of the story does not sit comfortably with those who ask whether fMRI can really assess the totality of function. I think to an extent both camps have something valuable to offer, though currently each perspective seems to consider itself to be exclusively right....

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 6:41 pm

Why do you think that to call Autism Speaks a hate group means that one is part of a conspiracy? A conspiracy against the most powerful autism charity in the world? And one conceived of by autistic people? How 'bout that? ahogday, I appreciate your benevolence towards this group and I'm sure it's coming from sincerity, but I think you are being too trusting in this case.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Dec 2014, 6:45 pm

aghogday wrote:
Thanks for clarifying, but with ALL due respect, a non-profit volunteer organization run by one of the most respected corporate CEO's ever to serve in the U.S., is as far from so-called hate group as any organization in the U.S. per any definition that I for one have ever seen of the phrase hate group.

Perhaps you should try reading some definitions then.

aghogday wrote:
And yes, no doubt some of them are at that point of hating some folks online who express slander against kind and caring parents of Autistic folks who get paid and other parents of Autistic folks who get no pay at all for supporting the organization AND AUTISTIC FOLKS in ways of work AND volunteerism, TO THE tune of hundreds of thousands of CARING VOLUNTEERS.

Except it's not slander. One of the criteria of defamation (which slander falls under) is that it has to be something that's false. So if I say, for example, Speaks is a hate group that's choc full of bigots, that doesn't come under slander.

aghogday wrote:
Personally, I think it is disgusting, but that is just my personal opinion,

That's correct, well done. Not fact, not evidence, just conjecture.

aghogday wrote:
JUST look and learn from the two responses above, if you like. <The lab story>

No doubt you think organisations like Autism Speaks aren't complicit when it comes to that sort of response, it even seems like you're implying that the people that are speaking out against Speaks are to blame, that's the sickening part.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 6:49 pm

Moromillas wrote:
aghogday wrote:

Perhaps you should try reading some definitions then.

aghogday wrote:

Except it's not slander. One of the criteria of defamation (which slander falls under) is that it has to be something that's false. So if I say, for example, Speaks is a hate group that's choc full of bigots, that doesn't come under slander.

aghogday wrote:
Personally, I think it is disgusting, but that is just my personal opinion,

That's correct, well done. Not fact, not evidence, just conjecture.

aghogday wrote:
JUST look and learn from the two responses above, if you like. <The lab story>

No doubt you think organisations like Autism Speaks aren't complicit when it comes to that sort of response, it even seems like you're implying that the people that are speaking out against Speaks are to blame, that's the sickening part.

Happy Holidays.. i'm moving on to GREENER pastures now..;)

The sun IS finally coming out of hibernation for me to day. ;)

And a Happy New year too.....WITH SMILES 2:)

YES.. this place can truly be heartbreaking in more ways than one.. to answer the question of the OP.

I visit, but HELL no I do not live here, TG.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 7:00 pm

There's a shock. Lol. Nanananana. I can't hear you.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 7:27 pm

androbot01 wrote:
There's a shock. Lol. Nanananana. I can't hear you.

Yes.. and smiles to you sincerely with winks2..:););)

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm

Seriously though, no one has tainted my mind against Autism Speaks. I am reacting to what I have seen in their media.