Page 3 of 8 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,541

19 Dec 2014, 2:20 pm

Moromillas wrote:
aghogday wrote:
The DSM is scientific fact, not conjecture.
<Provides no evidence>

Autism Speaks, speaks for the majority of the spectrum, 91%
No one can speak for anyone else.

mssng plays off of emotions, it's a normal marketing move, and it's good because it makes money.

Spectrum and STEM is just a myth.
Statistics, a whopping 1/3 of AS people are invested in STEM.

I generalise and believe that most on the spectrum have a range of Dyslexia, which NTs also have.

Autism Speaks isn't a hate group, they're benevolent, and do a great job, millions agree.
<Doesn't show results>
The detractors on the forums are just a vocal minority.

Speaking out against Autism Speaks is a waste of time.
We should ignore or censor those that do speak out, they're the ones responsible for all this fear.
Those that are speaking out against this, are simply not capable of understanding anything, that's probably why they don't believe me.

I generalise and believe that AS people are all disabled, because of Autism.

I generalise and believe that AS people suffer from Autism.
I think that is science.

My son died of Gene Deletion.
Even though it affects mostly NTs, that's the reason why AS people need a "cure".


Firstly, let me remind you, that the world does not revolve around magical wishes and gum drop faeries. Things will not change for the better, simply because you forced yourself to smile and think happy thoughts, that is nonsense.

#notmssng has had an overwhelming turnout, while #mssng has mainly been used like this: "The only thing #mssng is any kind of support from Autism Speaks".
That's not a surprise because Autism Speaks has always been seen misrepresenting AS people as diseased, while pretending to speak for them, thus opinion of them in the AS community is always negative, and has been for a long time. To call the entire AS community a 'vocal minority' is just nonsense, and I have never met an AS person that after reading or hearing about Speaks approves of them. I think there's even a poll going on right now for Autism Speaks. John Elder Robison even shared much about his experiences with Autism Speaks, and none of it is misinformation. Autism Speaks painted themselves in this light, on no part of anyone else.

You seem to be under the illusion that the detractors themselves are the ones responsible for all this fear, it's strange that I should even have to mention that it's not the case. Consider the recent terror attacks on that school in Peshawar -- News channels pick that up, and reported on the horror, and many people spoke out against the killing of all those children. Now, those that spoke out against it, and reported on it, are not the ones responsible for causing that fear, it's not a case of that they did something inappropriate by talking about it. Is her majesty 'spreading fear' by consoling Pakistan? What you are suggesting, is so callous and backward that it's hard not to cringe over it.

My condolences for the loss of your son.
Now, gene deletion, actually has nothing to do with Autism, in fact, I had not heard of it being linked to Autism, or even talked about within the context of Autism, that is until you mentioned it. It doesn't matter if you're an AS person or not, one can still have gene deletion either way, meaning, it's not unique to the spectrum. I too can understand that kind of grief, and can see why you would be so heavily biased in this matter. That's great that you want to stop gene deletion and save lives, but this is not the place to talk about such things, perhaps there are some other forums on gene deletion. When you say something along the lines of "Oh, there's this very serious gene disorder, sure not everyone has it, but we need an Autism cure because of this." you're effectively generalising, and shoving me, and everyone else into a category of a life and death disorder, when that has no basis in reality, and don't you dare do it again.

And while I'm at it, don't go issuing challenges as a "martial artist". A real martial artist knows just how insane, and stupidly irresponsible that is. They know just how easily they can kill someone, or worse, should one accept their asinine little challenge, or if they take on someone else's chest thumping "dare".


NICE TRY AT MISQUOTING ALMOST EVERYTHING I SAID IN YOUR QUOTE ABOVE.. BUT IT DIDN'T WORK.

Go back and quote what I really said if you want to have any chance of effective communication about this topic.

I've already done the research and am in the know.

Your attempts at personally attacking me here do not mean anything to me.

I am interested in how science shows life works, as well as beyond what science knows too.

And in this case Autism Speaks strictly speaking is a science organization and not an Internet foo foo.. organization....

And by the way.. foo foo.. is meaningless... i just made it up to be funny......;)

And by the way this is what I said below, NOT YOUR MISTRUTHS ABOVE ATTRIBUTED TO ME AS SUCH BY WAY OF YOUR QUOTE NOT MINE.



Quote:
As far as 'US' goes, Autism Speaks does not speak for Asperger's Syndrome and never will now that is it has been subsumed under the new DSM5 diagnostic criteria.

However, Asperger's Syndrome per the last report of research while it actually existed as a Syndrome in the U.S. DSM5 diagnostic criteria comprised 9% of total cases of Autism Spectrum Disorders in the US.

So it is rational to suggest that Autism Speaks is still speaking for the majority of the spectrum WHATEVER THAT IS, OTHER THAN the folks who post here.

The organization is simply a non-profit science run organization that does NOT RUN BY EMOTION ALONE, but the science of Autism Spectrum Disorder based on SCIENTIFIC FACT and not conjecture.

And emotional hyperbole is also part of Marketing Science 101 so the experts attempting to generate as much money as possible for research for the more scientifically noted severe aspects of the Spectrum use that to their advantage as all Non-Profit Organizations do.

The 9 percent CANNOT SPEAK FOR THE 91 percent EVEN THOUGH they do OFTEN SPEAK VERY WELL, PER THAT 9 PERCENT.

BUT I LIKE NUMBERS AND VERBAL LANGUAGE TOO.

On this Internet site, the type of Asperger’s syndrome per symptoms of nonverbal learning disorder is common according to informal polls that are done here.

Additionally, while the common stereotype of the Asperger's type of Autism is the STEM major type of mind THAT is a myth in the U.S., as studies in college educated Asperger's type students are only 33 percent of that statistic, with 66 percent in other fields like English.

NO surprise there as science shows over 50 percent of folks diagnosed with the historical DSMIV diagnostic criteria for Asperger's syndrome in the U.S. have symptoms mirroring non-verbal learning disorder.

A common symptom of nonverbal learning disorder reported here often to break the math nerd genius stereotype is problems with math ranging to dyscalculia where a person is effectively number blind, and also potentially mind blind as to not even recognizing facial features.

I am not suggesting that anyone has these issues in this discussion as I have no way of knowing that, but based on my expertise in numbers as that is a large part of what I did for decades in life, there are likely people in this discussion that have no way of cognitive empathy through the math of statistics to understand the common sense behind what I am saying here.

The Autism Spectrum is extremely complex and per the exhaustive study I will link below.

http://katiemiaaghogday.blogspot.com/20 ... ho-is.html

Truly NO ONE HERE can speak for anyone else.

But some organization somewhere has to, to make things work in an approximation of what they can REASONABLY SCIENTIFICALLY DO, and for that 91%, which is truly only an approximation, Autism Speaks does a great job as their over a million supporters do agree with.

But still EVEN THAT is only a very small percentage of the United States Population, so even Autism Speaks is still just a RELATIVE voice in the wilderness crying out, AND MUCH MORE THAN A FEW THOUSAND FOLKS SCREAMING on the Internet that are part of that 9%, overall.

TO BE FRANK, and statistically correct, all of this complaining about Autism Speaks, is a total waste of time, that does not change anything to the positive nor to the negative overall about anything other than causing people who have related by their own report paranoia, in this overall forum, worrying that their life is at risk, because of a totally benevolent seeking non-profit organization, and that per individual suffering is truly sad to me, as it COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE BY JUST TURNING THE SWITCH OFF ON MISINFORMATION.

BUT truly some folks have no innate way of understanding the statistics and that is just a fact of nature, and probably why I cannot get through to some folks per the truth, as I did for literally years here trying, as now I understand better potentially why I could NOT through my own scientific research per SOME OF the folks who post here.

In real life the majority of people just see a puzzle piece and give some money at wherever it is being collected at, as for any other problem of human beings that other folks collect for to help the herd.

If it is not a BAD PROBLEM PEOPLE DO NOT GIVE, so YES, TO MAKE DONATIONS WORK THAT IS THE ONLY WAY in marketing science 101 per the non-profit way of generating money for research for any human disorder to work.

And yes, science, not me, shows that Autism overall is a very disabling condition per limits of function of the human brain, as well as legally NOW, per the list of disabilities that Autism is now included in U.S. LEGAL CODE that consistently results in virtually all cases of protection under the Americans with Disabilities ACT.

This is serious business and serious business takes very deep pockets that have it to give, as well as the motivation to empty those pockets that takes the pulling of human heart strings through both cognitive and affective human empathy, and that is WHAT AUTISM SPEAKS excels in, in their relatively paltry effort of achieving donations that are still only 4 percent of total Autism Research as indicated in the last government report in 2010.

The Simon's foundation did 3 times as much, but the Simon's foundation for Autism Research is self funded by a billionaire philanthropist.

Mr. Wright and his 'Cohorts' did it through hard work and volunteer effort as that is how human cognitive and affective empathy can work when one of ONE'S own is affected and effected and one translates that human condition altruistically to other human beings undergoing the same type of human REAL LIFE SUFFERING, AS FOR SOME FOLKS WITH AUTISM THAT IS PRECISELY WHAT IT IS, HUMAN SUFFERING, AS SCIENCE SHOWS, IRREFUTABLY AS SUCH.

AND THAT IS PRECISELY why Autism Speaks still has over a million supporters including hundreds of thousands who volunteer their time to the betterment of their fellow human beings.

And as I have said many times here, my son died directly as a causal effect of the Autism co-morbid contributing factor of 22q11.2 gene deletion syndrome so the stakes here are LIFE AND DEATH FOR AT LEAST SOME FOLKS ON THE SPECTRUM, and researching the associated co-morbid symptoms that make this type of human suffering a LIFE OR DEATH REALITY is a part of AUTISM SPEAKS mission and goals, set forth as such.

AND WITH ALL OF THIS information for anyone who dismisses it as not warranted as such, there are potentially other problems that I cannot SCIENTIFICALLY address as to avoid hurting anyone's feelings.


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 518
Location: USA

19 Dec 2014, 6:26 pm

Quote:
As far as 'US' goes, Autism Speaks does not speak for Asperger's Syndrome and never will now that is it has been subsumed under the new DSM5 diagnostic criteria.

However, Asperger's Syndrome per the last report of research while it actually existed as a Syndrome in the U.S. DSM5 diagnostic criteria comprised 9% of total cases of Autism Spectrum Disorders in the US.

So it is rational to suggest that Autism Speaks is still speaking for the majority of the spectrum WHATEVER THAT IS, OTHER THAN the folks who post here.


I haven't heard that statistic, but I'm not going to doubt it. However, that's far from saying AS speaks for the 91%. Nobody in the 91% or the 9% is on their board. Aspergers wasn't the whole high function mild side. Furthermore, there's anti-A$ people all over the spectrum. I'd like to see polls on this issue, but until then we can only speculate.

Even if your claim that they speak for the 91% was true, which it isn't, they always talk about 1 in 68, encompassing 100% of the spectrum. They can't just use us when it's convenient then throw us out when they don't like what we have to say.

Quote:
The organization is simply a non-profit science run organization that does NOT RUN BY EMOTION ALONE, but the science of Autism Spectrum Disorder based on SCIENTIFIC FACT and not conjecture.

And emotional hyperbole is also part of Marketing Science 101 so the experts attempting to generate as much money as possible for research for the more scientifically noted severe aspects of the Spectrum use that to their advantage as all Non-Profit Organizations do.


They are not scientifically based. Alison Singer, their former science officer, left for that reason. I am not a fan of hers, but I'll always respect her for that. They take a wishy-washy stand on vaccines in an attempt to please everyone. That is not a good idea in the search for knowledge.

They sensationalize very preliminary studies for PR and fundraising purposes. That's not what an organization devoted to science would do.

Also, that's 19% of their budget.

Quote:
But still EVEN THAT is only a very small percentage of the United States Population, so even Autism Speaks is still just a RELATIVE voice in the wilderness crying out, AND MUCH MORE THAN A FEW THOUSAND FOLKS SCREAMING on the Internet that are part of that 9%, overall.


Tell that to Amy Sequenzia and Henry Frost

Quote:
And yes, science, not me, shows that Autism overall is a very disabling condition per limits of function of the human brain, as well as legally NOW, per the list of disabilities that Autism is now included in U.S. LEGAL CODE that consistently results in virtually all cases of protection under the Americans with Disabilities ACT.


Quote:
Mr. Wright and his 'Cohorts' did it through hard work and volunteer effort as that is how human cognitive and affective empathy can work when one of ONE'S own is affected and effected and one translates that human condition altruistically to other human beings undergoing the same type of human REAL LIFE SUFFERING, AS FOR SOME FOLKS WITH AUTISM THAT IS PRECISELY WHAT IT IS, HUMAN SUFFERING, AS SCIENCE SHOWS, IRREFUTABLY AS SUCH.


Science is normative, not positive.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,541

19 Dec 2014, 7:14 pm

PlainsAspie wrote:
Quote:
As far as 'US' goes, Autism Speaks does not speak for Asperger's Syndrome and never will now that is it has been subsumed under the new DSM5 diagnostic criteria.

However, Asperger's Syndrome per the last report of research while it actually existed as a Syndrome in the U.S. DSM5 diagnostic criteria comprised 9% of total cases of Autism Spectrum Disorders in the US.

So it is rational to suggest that Autism Speaks is still speaking for the majority of the spectrum WHATEVER THAT IS, OTHER THAN the folks who post here.


I haven't heard that statistic, but I'm not going to doubt it. However, that's far from saying AS speaks for the 91%. Nobody in the 91% or the 9% is on their board. Aspergers wasn't the whole high function mild side. Furthermore, there's anti-A$ people all over the spectrum. I'd like to see polls on this issue, but until then we can only speculate.

Even if your claim that they speak for the 91% was true, which it isn't, they always talk about 1 in 68, encompassing 100% of the spectrum. They can't just use us when it's convenient then throw us out when they don't like what we have to say.

Quote:
The organization is simply a non-profit science run organization that does NOT RUN BY EMOTION ALONE, but the science of Autism Spectrum Disorder based on SCIENTIFIC FACT and not conjecture.

And emotional hyperbole is also part of Marketing Science 101 so the experts attempting to generate as much money as possible for research for the more scientifically noted severe aspects of the Spectrum use that to their advantage as all Non-Profit Organizations do.


They are not scientifically based. Alison Singer, their former science officer, left for that reason. I am not a fan of hers, but I'll always respect her for that. They take a wishy-washy stand on vaccines in an attempt to please everyone. That is not a good idea in the search for knowledge.

They sensationalize very preliminary studies for PR and fundraising purposes. That's not what an organization devoted to science would do.

Also, that's 19% of their budget.

Quote:
But still EVEN THAT is only a very small percentage of the United States Population, so even Autism Speaks is still just a RELATIVE voice in the wilderness crying out, AND MUCH MORE THAN A FEW THOUSAND FOLKS SCREAMING on the Internet that are part of that 9%, overall.


Tell that to Amy Sequenzia and Henry Frost

Quote:
And yes, science, not me, shows that Autism overall is a very disabling condition per limits of function of the human brain, as well as legally NOW, per the list of disabilities that Autism is now included in U.S. LEGAL CODE that consistently results in virtually all cases of protection under the Americans with Disabilities ACT.


Quote:
Mr. Wright and his 'Cohorts' did it through hard work and volunteer effort as that is how human cognitive and affective empathy can work when one of ONE'S own is affected and effected and one translates that human condition altruistically to other human beings undergoing the same type of human REAL LIFE SUFFERING, AS FOR SOME FOLKS WITH AUTISM THAT IS PRECISELY WHAT IT IS, HUMAN SUFFERING, AS SCIENCE SHOWS, IRREFUTABLY AS SUCH.


Science is normative, not positive.


The Statistic is derived from the last and only research that will be specific to Asperger's syndrome, sponsored by the CDC, now that it no longer is considered a specific diagnosis as such.

The situation over Alison Singer was her personal opinion that ongoing limited research associated with individuals who might be individually compromised per issues like mitochondria dysfunction might be impacted by vaccines in limited cases. Science has proven that out as potentially associated in very limited research associated with mitochondrial dysfunction. It still was a scientifically based decision albeit not a popular internet one among either vaccine conspiracy theorists who wanted more research are those who wanted zero research.

Autism Speaks, as an organization, took the middle road of science instead of a few opinions here or there.

No one really knows what that 91% of the spectrum is in real life or is comprised of per causal factors as even with the billions of dollars that have been spent on research science has still only narrowed autism done to a set of behavioral expressed deficits with limited direct causal factors like fragile X syndrome.

But never the less, that is the majority of Autism SPECTRUM DISORDER AS IT STANDS NOW, and the last CDC sponsored studies show that intellectual and border line intellectual disability still comprises a majority of the spectrum, per more severely impacted individuals, having difficulty doing the most basic of TASKS AND functions to get by in life.

The greatER numbers per statistics supporting Autism speaks is not a personal judgement of that it is just statistics plain and simple, and the fact of the matter is Autism Speaks funding and support went up by 10 percent ON the last financial report so all of this Internet toil and trouble to harm the organization is relatively useless to that effect.

And truly there are some people who spend their time online that have by their own report stated that they think there is an organized effort by Autism Speaks to get rid of them, which is both patently false and sad too, as anxiety kills the human heart and greater potential for human productivity.

Autism speaks has a marketing division that promotes funding and a science division that focuses on the projects per cutting edge research to help those on the spectrum who are greatest impacted by human suffering.

Marketing 101 does emotional marketing to pull human heart strings per pointing out human suffering to reach the normal cognitive and affective empathy that pulling heart strings of human AFFECT as such.

It is non-sensical per marketing science to suggest that this can be done any other way, as MOST humans are motivated by emotion more over than bone dry information and facts. A science manual for that JUST WILL NOT WORK. :)

And to be clear this Autism Speaks ongoing conspiracy theory stuff, is a total non-factor in my life now.

The only reason I even researched this issue as I am capable of doing on any subject is it kept my own MIND off of life threatening pain PER REAL LIFE PHYSICAL ILLNESS, as it was a circular argument that I knew I could never win, as it IS based in emotionalism highly over facts.

IN OTHER WORDS, I was just killing pain, and the only reason I commented here today IS I am dead tired of dancing last night and too tired to get out in the REAL WORLD TODAY, which I much prefer over online life now that my physical illnesses ARE OVER WITH, INCLUDING the most disabling aspects per social reciprocal communication in REAL LIFE THAT I CURED PER REMEDIATION OF SYMPTOMS OF problems with emotional regulation and sensory integration through the art of movement, including martial arts and ballet like dance, as science now shows that movement through the cerebellum of the brain balances both emotion and sensory integration.

But I did not wait on the research to do it, I JUST DID IT CAUSE IT WORKS AND AS a direct result I now score 11 on the AQ quiz as opposed to 44 to 45 in June of 2013; a 95 on the EQ test as opposed to mid fifties in June of 2013, and my natural personality of ENFP has come to surface over INTJ as I have simply learned the 'art' of physical intelligence that drives both emotional regulation and sensory integration.

And yes, movement therapy is a new and growing therapy for children on the spectrum as it simply exercises a part of the brain that is NOT EXERCISED BY SITTING STILL AND STATIC IN FRONT OF SCREENS.

IF I STAY in front of a screen too long now I will literally scream and now that I am retired no one can force it on me 8 hours straight 5 days a week, in an activity that is totally against all common sense, mother nature, and human nature as well.

But the impact of that goes deep all the way from approximately one third of children who are pre-type two diabetic, to close to 50% of the population taking some kind of pain killer, and sky rocketing prescription of anti-depressants for both children and adults.

To stay still, in my opinion and the opinion of Einstein, overall, who suggests that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, and in this case that result is simple animal homeostasis, is just insanity, and a secret to folks now, that sadly is plain as a screen in front of a face sitting still.

In the long run it almost killed me, literally so, and I share that as almost dying from stress is truly not fun, and yes science evidences the specific way stress kills human beings now through the destruction of the respiratory, nervous and circulation system by adrenaline related neurohormones that are not burned off by normal physical activity and just slowly kills human beings.

Truly I think that Autism Speaks is stupid for not pursing this avenue of research, but even my doctor laughed at me, as she was not aware of modern research that indicates that eastern ways of movement therapy for illness are REAL AND SCIENTIFICALLY EVIDENCED AS SUCH NOW.

I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED if even the top folks in the Science organization are not aware of this, as scientists often specialize and never move out of their specific field of study.

I as an autodidact who reads 10 to 15 times faster than the average human with my hyperlexic form of Autism Spectrum disorder and who is retired and can research an unlimited number of subjects have the advantage over even PHD's who specialize in their field only, and yes, I have three college degrees too, but that is less than 1 percent of the crystalized knowledge I have acquired over a lifetime per the speed of the input capacity of my brain which includes visual thinking moreover than verbal thinking.

And fluid intelligence is my forte over that as a non-verbal thinking person over verbal thinking person, per my form of Autism as a non-verbal child until age 4.

And I do type a lot at close to 130 words a minute when properly focused, and the autodidact formed 'brain of my knowledge' results in just this. :)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Last edited by aghogday on 19 Dec 2014, 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,746
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

19 Dec 2014, 7:23 pm

aghogday wrote:
And truly there are some people who spend their time online that have by their own report stated that they think there is an organized effort by Autism Speaks to get rid of them, which is both patently false and sad too, as anxiety kills the human heart and greater potential for human productivity.

I don't think Autism Speaks is going to start picking us off with snipers, but they have clearly indicated by their focus on genetic research that they want to identify genes indicating autism. Why do you think they want to do this? So that autistic fetuses can be identified and aborted. And thereby cure the world of autism.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,541

19 Dec 2014, 7:42 pm

androbot01 wrote:
aghogday wrote:
And truly there are some people who spend their time online that have by their own report stated that they think there is an organized effort by Autism Speaks to get rid of them, which is both patently false and sad too, as anxiety kills the human heart and greater potential for human productivity.

I don't think Autism Speaks is going to start picking us off with snipers, but they have clearly indicated by their focus on genetic research that they want to identify genes indicating autism. Why do you think they want to do this? So that autistic fetuses can be identified and aborted. And thereby cure the world of autism.


That is not their intention but if successful in determining a direct causal genetic factor it most definitely could be the intention of someone else FOR PROFIT as already happens with genetic tests for fragile X syndrome, A DIRECT CAUSAL FACTOR FOR AUTISM TOO.

In my opinion, and in the opinion of current research the Disorder of Autism per social reciprocal communication deficits is largely environmental and definitely IS in my case as assessed by the professionals who monitored me over the course of my severe physical illnesses too.

So, what this means is THERE IS NEVER GOING TO BE A ONE STOP GENETIC TEST FOR AUTISM, as it is literally impossible to do this; BUT, WHAT CAN HAPPEN as what the genetic research is already doing is to prepare parents for early intervention for therapies that may work in real life once the child is born, for a significant but not conclusive potential of a fetus developing Autism after being born, derived from genetic testing per probability of a mix of genes specifically correlated WITH but not DIRECT CAUSES OF Autism.

So YES, it is imperative that this research continues and maybe one day, scientists will get enough common sense, and doctors too that what you do not use in life you simply lose as IS definitely the case in my case study. :)

But YES, I still have ADHD and extreme tactile sensitivity issues, as well as incredible RRB's that are probably never going to go away, but I AM FRIGGING HAPPY AS A BIRD FLYING FREE IN THE SKY, SO SWEET SUCCESS IS THE SONG THIS SEAGULL SINGS, per JLS like behavior (Jonathan LIVINGston Seagull). ;)

AND IF no one else wants to hear it, that is their prerogative alone BUT IT SURE IS FUN TO BE HAPPY AND PEACEFUL IN MIND AND HEART ALL THE TIME, AND IT WILL PLEASE ME MUCH IF MORE PEOPLE CAN ACHIEVE THAT KIND OF REAL LIFE SUCCESS TOO IN LIFE, AS I SEE NOTHING ELSE THAT TRULY MATTERS BUT UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AS A PRACTICE IN LIFE. :)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Last edited by aghogday on 19 Dec 2014, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,746
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

19 Dec 2014, 7:49 pm

aghogday wrote:
So, what this means is THERE IS NEVER GOING TO BE A ONE STOP GENETIC TEST FOR AUTISM, as it is literally impossible to do this; BUT, WHAT CAN HAPPEN as what the genetic research is already doing is to prepare parents for early intervention for therapies that may work in real life once the child is born.

If the cause of autism is environmental and there is no genetic indicator than the research will be useless too as a predictor.
I don't know if it's genetic or environmental, but I would like to see Autism Speaks spend more effort on finding ways to help those of us living with the condition now.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,541

19 Dec 2014, 7:57 pm

androbot01 wrote:
aghogday wrote:
So, what this means is THERE IS NEVER GOING TO BE A ONE STOP GENETIC TEST FOR AUTISM, as it is literally impossible to do this; BUT, WHAT CAN HAPPEN as what the genetic research is already doing is to prepare parents for early intervention for therapies that may work in real life once the child is born.

If the cause of autism is environmental and there is no genetic indicator than the research will be useless too as a predictor.
I don't know if it's genetic or environmental, but I would like to see Autism Speaks spend more effort on finding ways to help those of us living with the condition now.


I SAW that was confusing how i wrote it so I clarified that in an edit above that it is a probability that is a factor for predicting autism for getting ready for early intervention in therapies and not a certainty per genetic testing.

The Autism Speaks organization is TOTALLY USELESS IN MY OPINION FOR MY KIND OF AUTISM AND MOST OF THE FOLKS I SEE POSTING HERE.

Other than as I stated in the comment above, AUTISM SPEAKS IS A NON-FACTOR IN MY LIFE, AND A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME TO DISCUSS OTHER THAN A NEGATIVE BONDING FACTOR FOR social unity on Internet sites, same as an opposing football team or another opposing religion in real life, WHICH has the same basic sociological effect and AFFECT FOR HUMAN BEING social BONDING.

SO YES, it may not be totally a waste of time to discuss the conspiracy theories after all, like it's a life or death situation if the New York Jets lose or win, depending on whose side one is on, and I do mean that sincerely, as sociology is science too.

So go Anti-Autism speaks all ya want too, if it works for you, as in my opinion, whatever works IS at least ONE way to go. :)

I prefer other more constructive things to do now, per my own personal opinion, but HELL NO, NOT EVERYONE AGREES WITH WHAT I DO, NOT EVEN MY WIFE, at times hmm.. and yes perhaps truly Most of the time as I AM GOING TO BE DIFFERENT AND GO MY OWN WAY, NOW THAT I CAN. :)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Last edited by aghogday on 19 Dec 2014, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,458
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

19 Dec 2014, 7:58 pm

There are sites on the internet that say things like the only cure for someone with Asperger's is a toaster and a bathtub full of water. The media frequently shows us as being cold-hearted, robot-like psychopaths with no humor or empathy. There are so-called professionals who misdiagnose or dismiss woman as having Asperger's because we don't have all the negative traits or they aren't as severe because of our unique coping skills. There are who knows how many people on YouTube who use "Autistic" for anyone they think is "stupid" or don't agree with, and when they do it makes my blood boil even when it wasn't directed at me.

I'm 40 and unemployed. Before, during, and after my diagnosis in 2001 I went through hell and back. I spent the majority of my 20's moved from one home for people with mental illness to another. I was put on a million different medications to make me "less angry", and had all kinds of really awful side effects like RLS where I couldn't stop walking around even when I got leg cramps. I never really knew when or where they were going to put me next, what kind of residents or staff would be there, or how far away I would be from anything half-interesting outside the home. and when I complained about the constant change they said that was a part of life and to just live with it. No one believed I had a mental illness or disorder and blamed my behavior on being spoiled by my parents, especially my mom. I was kicked out of the home and left practically to die all alone at the hospital a week before Christmas.

The only reason I have a decent apartment of my own is because of my parents. I'm embarrassed and ashamed that I have to depend on them so much and I'm scared of what will happen when they aren't around any more. They told me they made sure things will be okay but they won't know if that will be true once they're gone. I'm really afraid of anything or anyone who might steal my freedom and I still have dreams about it happening again.

So why shouldn't I be pessimistic? I'm sick of people telling me how I should be like freaking Pollyanna just because I bring them down by telling them the truth. I've learned it's better not to tell them anything that's bothering me because they can't change anything anyway.



PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 518
Location: USA

19 Dec 2014, 8:16 pm

aghogday wrote:

Autism Speaks, as an organization, took the middle road of science instead of a few opinions here or there.
Quote:

That's a false balance fallacy. There is no middle road in science. Autism Speaks's position on this issue represents a magnification of uncertainty for political convenience.

aghogday wrote:
No one really knows what that 91% of the spectrum is in real life or is comprised of per causal factors as even with the billions of dollars that have been spent on research science has still only narrowed autism done to a set of behavioral expressed deficits with limited direct causal factors like fragile X syndrome.

But never the less, that is the majority of Autism SPECTRUM DISORDER AS IT STANDS NOW, and the last CDC sponsored studies show that intellectual and border line intellectual disability still comprises a majority of the spectrum, per more severely impacted individuals, having difficulty doing the most basic of TASKS AND functions to get by in life.


I've heard between 40 and 60% have ID. There are people with ID who hate AS and once.

aghogday wrote:
The greatER numbers per statistics supporting Autism speaks is not a personal judgement of that it is just statistics plain and simple, and the fact of the matter is Autism Speaks funding and support went up by 10 percent ON the last financial report so all of this Internet toil and trouble to harm the organization is relatively useless to that effect.


argumentum ad populum

aghogday wrote:
Autism speaks has a marketing division that promotes funding and a science division that focuses on the projects per cutting edge research to help those on the spectrum who are greatest impacted by human suffering.

Marketing 101 does emotional marketing to pull human heart strings per pointing out human suffering to reach the normal cognitive and affective empathy that pulling heart strings of human AFFECT as such.

It is non-sensical per marketing science to suggest that this can be done any other way, as MOST humans are motivated by emotion more over than bone dry information and facts. A science manual for that JUST WILL NOT WORK. :)

Just because it works doesn't mean it's right. Also, orgs for other disabilities, diseases, and disorders are able to raise funds without talking about how wanting to drive kids off bridges.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,541

19 Dec 2014, 10:56 pm

PlainsAspie wrote:
aghogday wrote:

Autism Speaks, as an organization, took the middle road of science instead of a few opinions here or there.
Quote:

That's a false balance fallacy. There is no middle road in science. Autism Speaks's position on this issue represents a magnification of uncertainty for political convenience.

aghogday wrote:
No one really knows what that 91% of the spectrum is in real life or is comprised of per causal factors as even with the billions of dollars that have been spent on research science has still only narrowed autism done to a set of behavioral expressed deficits with limited direct causal factors like fragile X syndrome.

But never the less, that is the majority of Autism SPECTRUM DISORDER AS IT STANDS NOW, and the last CDC sponsored studies show that intellectual and border line intellectual disability still comprises a majority of the spectrum, per more severely impacted individuals, having difficulty doing the most basic of TASKS AND functions to get by in life.


I've heard between 40 and 60% have ID. There are people with ID who hate AS and once.

aghogday wrote:
The greatER numbers per statistics supporting Autism speaks is not a personal judgement of that it is just statistics plain and simple, and the fact of the matter is Autism Speaks funding and support went up by 10 percent ON the last financial report so all of this Internet toil and trouble to harm the organization is relatively useless to that effect.


argumentum ad populum

aghogday wrote:
Autism speaks has a marketing division that promotes funding and a science division that focuses on the projects per cutting edge research to help those on the spectrum who are greatest impacted by human suffering.

Marketing 101 does emotional marketing to pull human heart strings per pointing out human suffering to reach the normal cognitive and affective empathy that pulling heart strings of human AFFECT as such.

It is non-sensical per marketing science to suggest that this can be done any other way, as MOST humans are motivated by emotion more over than bone dry information and facts. A science manual for that JUST WILL NOT WORK. :)

Just because it works doesn't mean it's right. Also, orgs for other disabilities, diseases, and disorders are able to raise funds without talking about how wanting to drive kids off bridges.


And the sad reality is a rare minority of parents do think about this.

Not talking about it does not change that reality at all.

Avoiding talking about it takes away the possibility that people who need support will get the kind of emotional support that they truly need to know they are not alone TO FRIGGING NOT DO IT IN REAL LIFE.

However, for anyone on the Autism Spectrum who has deficits in cognitive empathy this MAY BE almost impossible to understand, and I know nothing about you as an individual in real life, but yes, overall, this specific autism related factor of deficit for SOME folks on the spectrum does most definitely impact the ability to understand why other folks truly NEED EMOTIONAL SUPPORT IN LIFE, LIKE THIS.

WHEN people actually complain about it the overall perception of people with normal cognitive and affective empathy, quite frankly, is that there is psychopathic leaning tendencies with folks who do not understand the human condition like this.

But truly that too is a lack of understanding of cognitive empathy in that some folks on the spectrum do have deficits in cognitive empathy, but still have affective empathy that truly psychopathic leaning folks are lacking in per pro-social emotional affective empathy for others.

The reality is the autism spectrum is way too complicated for the average Joe on the street to understand and as many folks have noted on this site, they do not even understand it their self or their self for that matter as a lack of self awareness is also a common clinical noted issue on the spectrum.

More specifically put some Autistic folks have not developed an integral sense of healthy ego. And more specifically put a healthy ego is necessary per having a personality that will be attractive to other human beings, and that is just human nature, and as long as humans per majority are evolved like this THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE, no matter who says they want it to, on the Internet.

So if folks CAN ADAPT in a way that does not harm their self, that in my opinion is a way to go for potential success in life but I know that not everyone has either the innate or environmental tools to do that as quite frankly life is just not fair, as far as I know from my personal experience of some of the worst human suffering known to mankind far beyond the condition of Autism.


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 518
Location: USA

19 Dec 2014, 11:30 pm

If you have those problems, talk about it in a therapist's office not in a fundraising documentary.

P.S. Wow did I screw up the quote tags in my last post. :lol:



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,541

19 Dec 2014, 11:54 pm

PlainsAspie wrote:
If you have those problems, talk about it in a therapist's office not in a fundraising documentary.


Unfortunately, you were not there to tell her that, and considering she is likely on the broader autism phenotype too, with potential issues with cognitive empathy herself, considering all the genetic ties to autism in her own family, chances are that too, was part of her cognitive empathy equation as well, particularly the fact that she said it in listening distance from her daughter that she assumed could not understand what she said per literal think and not intuitive think per MORE OF the HUMAN possibilities in what it takes to master cognitive empathy well.

But anyway, that is simply marketing science 101, and that was the time to pull heart strings that many people agreed with who do have so-called normal cognitive empathy THAT the marketing effort was quite effective at that time, PER the general listening public as the documentary was lauded in the conference it was designed for.

Autism Speaks, considering the online Autism community environment, simply made the mistake of leaving it up on their Internet site and Youtube, AND NO that too is not a surprise considering the genetic potential per broader autism phenotype of the family members who run the organization with Autistic family members. ;)

Cognitive Empathy and empathy in general is EXTREMELY COMPLEX AND EXTREMELY HARD FOR MANY FOLKS TO MORE fully understand on and off the spectrum, as well.


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,603
Location: The Berkshires

20 Dec 2014, 2:25 am

there is likely a certain amount of truth behind criticism of autism speaks and ASAN

that's why im a lone wolf gone rogue and don't support any mainstream autism or disability rights organization because there all crooks


_________________
Bringing New England's local news to Wrongplanet every day


o0iella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 228

20 Dec 2014, 8:23 am

ahogday, if A$ are paying you to shill for them, I think they should ask for their money back!!



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,541

20 Dec 2014, 9:40 am

o0iella wrote:
ahogday, if A$ are paying you to shill for them, I think they should ask for their money back!!


HMM, Another weak attempt at personally attacking me.

I speak for no one but the truth, and sometimes that means having few friends and sometimes that means having many friends.

That depends on if one hangs around people who speak for themselves or the crowd.

AS ALREADY stated in this thread and in many other places on this site I CURED THE MOST DISABLING RECIPROCAL SOCIAL COMMUNICATION DIFFICULTIES OF AUTISM THAT YES I AM PROFESSIONALLY DIAGNOSED WITH THAT I CAN PROVE THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE IF NECESSARY, THROUGH MUSIC AND MOVEMENT THERAPY.

IN MY CASE, SPECIFICALLY A STIM, YES A STIM, OF DANCE WALKING A STYLE OF MARTIAL ARTS/BALLET STYLE OF DANCE WALK ON average 7 to 8 miles a day, now approaching 2800 miles in a span of 16 months, yes, everywhere I go in public, and yes, LIKE THE old TV show Cheers PER my entire metro area is my 'bar' AS METAPHOR and 'everyone now KNOWS my name' as the big dancing guy with shades.

Not only that I have zero social anxiety now and lead a group of twenty something year old folks in dance SOLO at one of the top 100 dance clubs in the U.S. per Old Seville Quarter in Pensacola, FL.

But instead of calling them for evidence of that here is the irrefutable proof of that here:

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/12/09/gods-muse-of-dance/

MODERN SCIENCE NOW SHOWS that human movement through the cerebellum of the brain and what can be termed PHYSICAL INTELLIGENCE BALANCES BOTH EMOTIONAL REGULATION AND SENSORY INTEGRATION.

AND DUH, GO FIGURE, smarty pants folks like ME, before, who spend all their time sitting still in front of a computer have problems with emotional regulation and sensory integration, including problems with expression PER non-verbal communication, which requires the physical intelligence of moving muscles to MAKE THAT HAPPEN.

THIS IS JUST COMMON SENSE FOR MANY SO-CALLED HIGHER FUNCTIONING AUTISTIC FOLKS IF THEY CAN JUST LEARN TO MAKE A SIMPLE CHANGE IN LIFE.

BUT IT IS SO DAM SIMPLE, not even Autism Speaks can figure it out.

But as also noted, as I CURED THE MOST FUNCTIONALLY DISABLING ASPECTS OF MY AUTISM PER RECIPROCAL SOCIAL COMMUNICATION DISABILITY THROUGH THE ART OF PHYSICAL INTELLIGENCE, MY SCORE ON THE AQ scan for Autism went from 44 to 45 in June 2013 to 11 later that summer, and additionally my score on the Aspie Quiz went from 195 to 92, and my score for the EQ Emotional Intelligence test went from the mid 50's to 95; AS A direct RESULT OF IMPROVING MY PHYSICAL INTELLIGENCE THROUGH FREE STYLE MARTIAL ARTS AND BALLET THAT REQUIRES ABSOLUTELY NO LESSONS AND IS entirely Instinctual and INNATE.

Additionally, I started writing free verse style CREATIVE poetry that science shows CAN BETTER CONNECT HUMAN EMOTION WITH LANGUAGE and CAN increase the intelligence of HUMAN EMPATHY, both cognitive and affective.

THROUGH THE evolution of human beings, AS OF about 12,000 years ago, humans STARTED BECOMING MORE SEDENTARY as a result of Agriculture and larger civilizations per social group unit size, where the sidewalks of life become much narrower as metaphor.

Humans have been DEVOLVING INTO MACHINES OVERALL, since then, as they become more proficient at sitting still AND BUILDING MACHINES TO MOVE FOR THEM.

While as foragers, our ancestors constantly moved through distance and space for survival in 360 degrees of movement for foraging everywhere they TRAVELED.

RESULTS OF OUR NEW SO-CALLED MORE INTELLIGENT WAYS OF STANDARDS IQ LIFE IS THE steady LOSS, IN THE OVERALL general population of physical intelligence, including emotional regulation and sensory integration THAT AGAIN IS DRIVEN BY PHYSICAL INTELLIGENCE THROUGH THE CEREBELLUM, and associated neurochemicals that impact the vagal nerve that runs from brain to gut orchestrating emotional feelings throughout the human body, AS WELL AS balancing harmful stress related neurohormones circulating through the blood stream per chronic SITTING STILL tension increasing STRESS until THE BODY FINALLY IF IT EVER DOES MOVE TO BURN OFF THOSE DAMAGING STRESS HORMONES OTHERWISE deleteriously impacting EVERY BODILY SYSTEM THAT ALLOWS HUMAN BEINGS TO LIVE IN THE LONG RUN WITHOUT LITERALLY DYING FROM CHRONIC STRESS AS SCIENCE NOW PROVES DOES HAPPEN TO HUMAN BEINGS, WHO live with chronic NEGATIVE stress and do nothing to CURE (remediate symptoms) THAT.

Also, as science shows college age adults have LOST APPROXIMATELY 30% OF EMPIRICALLY MEASURED LEVELS OF EMPATHY OVER RECENT DECADES.

NAH, I DO NOT WORK FOR AUTISM SPEAKS, I AM TOO DAM SMART FOR THEM, AS AN AUTODIDACT. :)

I'VE ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED THEIR GREATEST GOAL ON MY OWN, WITHOUT ANY OF THEIR HELP. :)

AND IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT I AM THIS FULLY INTELLIGENT (with the intelligences of physical intelligence, emotional intelligence and sensory integration intelligence in tow) AND NOT AFRAID TO DISAGREE WITH MIS-TRUTHS, NO MATTER HOW MUCH 'A HERD HATES IT', I suggest you use the foe button and just ignore me as I have an almost unlimited supply of MORE FACTS AND FIGURES RELATED to this topic, as once again, TG, I HAVE ELIMINATED THE truly DISABLING PARTS OF AUTISM THAT Autism Speaks is still working on TO FIX FOR MY KIND OF AUTISM. :)

And one day maybe they will catch up with MY KIND OF NEW AUTISTIC SUPERPOWER INTELLIGENCE WHICH INCLUDES PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL, SENSORY INTEGRATION AND FULLER HUMAN EMPATHY PER BOTH SOCIAL COGNITIVE AND AFFECTIVE INTELLIGENCE.

BUT I'M NOT HOLDING OUT TOO MUCH HOPE FOR THAT, AS nothing stifles learning more than SPECIALIZATION WHETHER THAT IS IN SCIENCE, or as Einstein suggests, INSANITY, PER HIS definition of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, as in this case is SITTING STILL AND EXPECTING TO EVER ATTAIN simple human animal homeostasis PER Peace of mind, and FULLER CONNECTION TO OTHER HUMAN BEINGS AND THE REST OF MOTHER TRUE AKA GOD.

SO, SUE ME CAUSE I'M SMARTER THAN AUTISM SPEAKS. ;)

And no, I did not say I am smarter or PRETTIER OR MORE CHARMING than anyone here; the 'jury' can determine that for 'themselves'. :)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick