Do you consider yourselves as religious persons.

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 4:46 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I was born and baptized into the Lutheran faith, and a Lutheran I still am. Am I religious? My wife and I attend church particularly to instill Christian theology and morality in our daughter. I must say, I very much believe in a theistic evolution, and support gay rights. As for masturbation being sinful - if true, I suppose I'll have to cut off my right hand, while my wife will have to part with her pillow. :lol:

Sure. Kraichgauer confirmed for religious.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 5:14 am

Barchan wrote:
Yes, absolutely. I believe God is humanity's oldest and original friend; God knew each of us before we were even born, so what gives us the right to abandon Him? Too many people turn their backs on the very being who gave us life.

Turning our backs on God is like turning our backs on Zeus or Bahá or Waheguru or Vishnu or Ahura Mazda or Mut or Gaia or Aphrodite or Njirana or Huitzilopochtli or Nanabozho or Guan Yu or Brighid or Danu or Waaq or Xu or Ranginui or Ku or Odin or Kahless or Donar or one of a hundred others.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 10:37 am

Narrator wrote:
Barchan wrote:
Yes, absolutely. I believe God is humanity's oldest and original friend; God knew each of us before we were even born, so what gives us the right to abandon Him? Too many people turn their backs on the very being who gave us life.

Turning our backs on God is like turning our backs on Zeus or Bahá or Waheguru or Vishnu or Ahura Mazda or Mut or Gaia or Aphrodite or Njirana or Huitzilopochtli or Nanabozho or Guan Yu or Brighid or Danu or Waaq or Xu or Ranginui or Ku or Odin or Kahless or Donar or one of a hundred others.

True, unless one is a classical panTHEIST AND OR OTHER associated theistic religions and considers Mother Nature True as the definition of GOD.

And nah, turning one's back on Mother Nature True; not a wise idea. ;)

GODzilla has been trying to 'tell' us that for decades and so has Blue Oyster CULT. ;)

"History shows again and again how NATURE POINTS OUT THE FOLLY OF MAN"

AND yes, that does include many CULT RELIGIONS, INCLUDING fundamentalist leaning ones with their imaginary GOD(S) as well as MODERN WESTERN AND increasingly eastern culture, in general, which is increasingly creating 'machines' instead of humans per AVENUES FOR deficits in physical intelligence that drives both emotional regulation and sensory integration THROUGH the cerebellum of the brain and associated physiological systems according to modern science, NOW, and Eastern philosophies of healing movement 'medicine' for thousands of years, until recently SHOWN BY modern science as NOT holistic woo. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 11:10 am

And anyway, I'm more of a Honda fan than a Mazda FAN as the H is a symbol for the dichotomies seen throughout nature and the mind of man moving from the symbol of 11 to the interconnected whole as balance in nature as H and or the alpha numerical value of H per standing tall infinity 8 in infinite flow of unity, per the left hemisphere and the right hemisphere of the brain working in Yin and Yang synchrony, and hopefully one day the left and right hemispheres of the earth will also work in balance per the neurons of the earth that are by continuing metaphor animals, including human animals, WORKING TOGETHER IN BALANCE TO MAKE THE WHOLE DAM THING CALLED GAIA, BY SOME FOLKS, WORK AS A balanced LIVING FORCE, both inanimate and animate as such, as the swirling golden spiraling electrons continue to orbit around the nucleus and even smaller units of golden spiral patterns do the same per golden mean of 1.618 from below in Quantum Physics to above in our MACRO Milky Way home.

If GODzilla could talk, maybe he AND or she or WHATEVER would say something of THAT NATURE. ;)

AND Perhaps, I too, am GODzilla in ONE's view, in a MICRO way and macro WAY, of course 2.

Oops, I mean H not 2. :)

So in other words, truth can be found in metaphors of all types, ranging from Zeus to the patriarchal masculine basic survival archetype/innate instinct IN ALL most all healthy HUMAN BRAINS AND subconscious and conscious MINDS, as modern science now also validates the work of Freud, and other social animals as well, found in the warrior tribal GOD of Abrahamic religions, and all of this is part of human beings innate need for existential intelligence by way of all forms of human abstract language both verbal and nonverbal GOVERNED BY THE TRUE GOD OF MOTHER NATURE TRUE.

'WE' are all connected is the bottom line, and there are many different human languages and symbols for Universal and limited truths of Mother Nature True aka GOD, thanks to 'our' relatively new and still evolving way of neo-cortical control for remembering the past and making decisions on that experiential information to forecast the future for so-called rational decisions to enhance the chance of successful overall survival.

To exclude any of them as woo, is the height of woo per innate human nature Governed by Mother Nature Woo, I mean true or perhaps woo too, as fiction is governed by human logic per making sense, but nature and true REALITY is NOT RULED BY HUMAN LOGIC PER MAKING SENSE, only humans are small ENOUGH AND 'smart' like this to limit nature in this way, per their ways of 'imaginary science', at least on earth as far as 'we' know. :)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 12:02 pm

aghogday wrote:
Narrator wrote:
Barchan wrote:

True, unless one is a classical panTHEIST AND OR OTHER associated theistic religions and considers Mother Nature True as the definition of GOD.

GODzilla has been trying to 'tell' us that for decades and so has Blue Oyster CULT. ;)

AND yes, that does include many CULT RELIGIONS, INCLUDING fundamentalist leaning ones with their imaginary GOD(S) as well as MODERN WESTERN AND increasingly eastern culture, in general, which is increasingly creating 'machines' instead of humans per AVENUES FOR deficits in physical intelligence that drives both emotional regulation and sensory integration THROUGH the cerebellum of the brain and associated physiological systems according to modern science, NOW, and Eastern philosophies of healing movement 'medicine' for thousands of years, until recently SHOWN BY modern science as NOT holistic woo. :)

YAY GODZILLA! My favorite monster from my childhood! :D

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 12:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Narrator wrote:
Barchan wrote:

Thanks.. my father left early.. and GODzilla was like a dad to me..;)

YES.. memories come floating back.. WAY back.. in the 60's on the big screen of my little town's only small 'classic' theater.....with an 'upstairs' seating area.. for the black folks.. sadly as such....

Yes.. GODzilla RULES....AND HE OR SHE.. AS THE movie did not show all the parts of GODzilla.. IS 'COLOR BLIND' TOO..:)

So yeah.. hesHE.. in A way.. i am GODzilla's SON2. ;)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 4:42 pm

aghogday wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Narrator wrote:
Barchan wrote:

Thanks.. my father left early.. and GODzilla was like a dad to me..;)

YES.. memories come floating back.. WAY back.. in the 60's on the big screen of my little town's only small 'classic' theater.....with an 'upstairs' seating area.. for the black folks.. sadly as such....

Yes.. GODzilla RULES....AND HE OR SHE.. AS THE movie did not show all the parts of GODzilla.. IS 'COLOR BLIND' TOO..:)

So yeah.. hesHE.. in A way.. i am GODzilla's SON2. ;)

As I recall Godzilla having a child in at least a couple of the old Japanese movies, I guess it's a she. Then again, the Mathew Broderick stinker describes Godzilla as "bisexual" (I think they really meant hermaphroditic, rather than implying that it chased both Godzillas and Goddesszillas).

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 11:22 pm

^^^
Cool, thanks for that information.

I was not aware of that and dam I guess that means I never had a father, in real effect, except for me now.

My therapist told me when I was recovering from my disabilities that we all need to be our own parents and nurture ourselves as such. :)

I think she's correct on that and now that I can take selfies I can see my father..;)