Where do I go to make freinds aspie friends who share likes?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

GoldTails95
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Dec 2014, 4:33 pm

I know friends are generally made beacsue they have the same likes. Therefore in a boyfriend girlfriend relationship where both have an autism spectrum disorder, the same like bond can be magnified to a point where they talk about their same like a lot and often do something in regards to their likes. Where can I go to meet a female with aspergers syndrome who shares my interest which is marine biology, so she and I can be her boyfriend?

pj4990
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2014, 5:32 pm

If you want to meet someone with the same obscure interests, you have to pursue the interest, not people with Asperger's in the rather forlorn hope that one of them will have the same obscure interest. Do stuff you enjoy and you'll find other people who enjoy it too.

Also try not to be too obvious your motive is to find a girlfriend, that can really put people off if you join something that isn't a dating group with that aim.

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

15 Dec 2014, 5:36 pm

I only know of one other Aspie in my community and he is 100% complete opposite of me in everything I see of him. I do not like to advertise this kind of thing in my community and I rarely come into contact with other human beings anyway, so I will just enjoy my solitude.

GoldTails95
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Dec 2014, 5:47 pm

It is actually better when both the girlfriend and her partner boyfrined are autstic because they really connect well. Is there any hope I would find someone wth Aspegers when pursuing things I like because the prevelance of Aspergers syndrome is the chances I will have of meeting an Aspie girl. It would be cool if I had a girfriend with Aspergers Syndrome.

pj4990
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2014, 5:50 pm

Yes, there's a pretty good chance, because people who pursue obscure interests are more likely to have Asperger's especially when they're science related. The NT people are all down the pub or watching football (I know, slight exaggeration). I think your chances of finding an Aspie partner among marine biology enthusiasts is much higher than a marine biologist who also happens to be available and interested among Aspies.

GoldTails95
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Dec 2014, 5:55 pm

But it ais considered useful if I pursue something i like and I find a girl there who is cute and shares that like. It is better I I get a girl with autism so we can have stronger coonections.

pj4990
Raven
Raven

16 Dec 2014, 1:28 am

Read my previous messages again.