Are you able to remember games' music?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 9:20 am

It's mostly just RPGs for me, as they tend to have the most memorable music... but, I can remember which games individual tracks derive from, although sometimes I confuse the same artist, Motoi Sakuraba e.g. because most of their music sounds alike (I can tell James Horner's films from a mile away due to that).

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 1:03 pm

Any game I like, I'll always remember the soundtracks from that particular game.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 12:51 am

Yup, especially Nintendo music. In fact, I'm hearing Dire Dire Docks from Super Mario 64 in my head as we speak....

SpaceAgeBushRanger
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Dec 2014, 1:55 am

I can't forget the Chrono Trigger music. The music they play during the trial, the wandering around in the medieval times music, Lavos' Theme... all the sounds in Chrono Trigger are really got.

The greatest videogame ear-worm music would have to be the windmill music from the Zelda games. The Gameboy Colour version is just great.

If you like videogame music, you should check out http://ocremix.org/. That site hosts a bunch of fan remixes of iconic videogame music. They've got albums of Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy and NES music.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 3:15 am

SpaceAgeBushRanger wrote:
I can't forget the Chrono Trigger music. The music they play during the trial, the wandering around in the medieval times music, Lavos' Theme... all the sounds in Chrono Trigger are really got.

The greatest videogame ear-worm music would have to be the windmill music from the Zelda games. The Gameboy Colour version is just great.

If you like videogame music, you should check out http://ocremix.org/. That site hosts a bunch of fan remixes of iconic videogame music. They've got albums of Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy and NES music.

As I read your post I heard Crono's Theme, Robo's Theme, Ayla's Theme, Frog's Theme and Epoch in my head....and got the urge to go back & finish the DS version to see the new content....

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2014, 11:44 am

I not only remember but I also have a remix album of Mega Man X music and the Halo 2 Anniversary Soundtrack, heck I use the Halo Theme GUNGIR Mix for my video outros and I use an Mega Man X4 remix theme called Into the Rebellion for my intros.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Feb 2015, 5:52 pm

I tend to remember music pretty well. JRPG's and NES/SNES are a given. I actually have a lot of game soundtracks. I used to buy them all the time. Castlevania is a series that tends to have very recognizable music.

Chrono Trigger does have a really great soundtrack. Chrono Cross does as well. Yasunori Mitsuda is probably my favorite game composer.

MetalFist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2015, 1:26 am

I can be able to remember games music very well but when it comes to a memorable one, i can think of Mortal Kombat Mythology Sub-Zero soundtrack. It's very underrated that even though the game is a mixed bag, the game music is so great that some of it has been stuck in my head for sometimes now since i've first played it (about when i was kid). Its give it a very dark, industrial, and grim feeling to the game.

TheBraveSirRobin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Feb 2015, 2:02 am

I don't remember a lot of video game music, really. I tend to remember the catchy tunes, or when the music is, by it's nature, more than just background ambiance. And of course if I have listened to an OST in retrospect I will remember the music very well. The most memorable soundtracks I've heard recently are that of Faster Than Light, Hotline Miami and Transistor. They are just great, Transistor and Hotline Miami especially. Hotline Miami is actually pretty cool with how it was able to use pre-existing, standalone music to communicate it's atmosphere as well as it did.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 3:03 am

I'm very aware of music in games, and in movies too. I usually turn off game music if I can, nowadays, but that's a great way to miss that "one good song" in a game.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 4:46 am

Yes.