Page 7 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 8:41 pm

Misery wrote:

Meaningless.

You can be an industry vet for 20 years...

...and still be capable only of absolute trash.

As I said before: If these guys have the skill to make something good, they should just PROVE IT.... by making a game that can stand on it's own BY JUST BEING A GOOD GAME instead of standing by holding onto a crutch made of "controversy". No matter what they end up doing with the game past this point, they've already chosen the second option, and I for one wont be even considering a game that they've so much as looked at too hard (I have the same view of a dev like Rockstar).

It's true that they can still produce crap, I said that. But how is controversy a crutch? Is Shock Buddhism a crutch? Is surrealism nothing but crutches? How does using one relate to the other? They don't. That is my point. Surreal became a well known word thanks to the incredibly controversial The Corpse which was specifically designed to be incredibly controversial. Controversy is at the heart of surrealism. Hatred is likely surrealist based on the fact that it is dealing with mass shooting (the purest act of surrealism.) Would an art philosophy that relishes in a controversy be incapable of creating that which is great via it's own definitions by use of the controversy? No.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 11:33 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
Misery wrote:

Meaningless.

You can be an industry vet for 20 years...

...and still be capable only of absolute trash.

As I said before: If these guys have the skill to make something good, they should just PROVE IT.... by making a game that can stand on it's own BY JUST BEING A GOOD GAME instead of standing by holding onto a crutch made of "controversy". No matter what they end up doing with the game past this point, they've already chosen the second option, and I for one wont be even considering a game that they've so much as looked at too hard (I have the same view of a dev like Rockstar).

It's true that they can still produce crap, I said that. But how is controversy a crutch? Is Shock Buddhism a crutch? Is surrealism nothing but crutches? How does using one relate to the other? They don't. That is my point. Surreal became a well known word thanks to the incredibly controversial The Corpse which was specifically designed to be incredibly controversial. Controversy is at the heart of surrealism. Hatred is likely surrealist based on the fact that it is dealing with mass shooting (the purest act of surrealism.) Would an art philosophy that relishes in a controversy be incapable of creating that which is great via it's own definitions by use of the controversy? No.

It's a crutch because they're basically saying: "I dont actually know how to go about this whole design thing very well, but... WAIT JUST A MINUTE. I've got it! I can cover up my lack of ability by surrounding it with as much chaos as possible! If there's enough of it, nobody will NOTICE the problem until they've already handed in the money! Or they'll end up buying it even with that just to spite others! And I'll get a recognized name even WITH a total lack of talent! I IS TEH GENIUS!!1!!"

And really, there's a difference between "surreal" and "bloody stupid". If they want to create a surreal experience... there's about 20 bazillionty millionty games out there that already know how to do this that they could learn from. It's been done before. It's been done REALLY WELL before. ***OFTEN***. Instead: "SHOOT ALL TEH DUDES: ITS SO OFFENSIVE!! !!1". All they did was take an idea (the gameplay's core mechanics) that's downright ANCIENT at this point, and put a coat of controversial on it.... nothing more. And I mean *literally* nothing more, because that's exactly what they did. The game is Robotron but with "Look how offensive this is!! ! Woo! Controversy! Yell about it so that people know what it is! Buy it out of spite!". And without Robotron's creative enemy designs (again, "shoot teh dudes" is the best they could do here; and yes, I'm going to keep saying "teh").

And honestly, if there was more to it than this, if it was deeper than this.... the developer wouldnt be running around saying things like "Hehehe... that's right! That's right! Bring on the haters and the trolls, everyone, tell us how much you hate us! GIGGLE!", which is something they've actually gone and done. That's not a sign of depth or good design. Thats a sign of someone using bad business practices. I mean, really, TROLLING as a business practice. Yeah. That shows real depth of skill, design, and creativity. I'm sorry, but no. It shows a dev that either A: didnt care to begin with, and just wants to create a vortex of chaos to suck in as much cash as possible, or B: has little true skill, yet must make the game stand out and requires a strong effect that has nothing to do with game design in order to produce it.

I really frankly dont give a flying fart about what the theme of the game is at this point. It's the nasty business practices and the stupidity that it's causing that bothers me, and the fact that what these guys are doing is practically spitting in the face of everything good about game design while at the same time trolling the hell outta everyone. Other devs have certainly done this too (and I hate them also), but never to this extent. And even worse, this is just EVEN MORE AMMO for all of those obnoxious twerps that are always rambling on like broken records about how games cause murder and turn kids into psychos and ZOMG my dishwasher broke down CLEARLY BECAUSE OF VIDEO GAMES!! ! Havent we all had enough of that idiocy? Frankly, for that bit alone, they need a good kick where it counts. They should know better. It's like watching a rather unintelligent toddler throw food at a wall directly after their parents admonished them about it.

That's all I'll say for now though about it; if I think of more I'll respond again later on, but for now I've said all I wanted to on the subject.

xenocity wrote:
This is what I really hate about gaming besides the obsession with graphics.

There are tons of food now made explicitly for hardcore gamers, which you must eat to be taken seriously while not eating casual food(real food).

....what in the world?

....Yeah, I've got nothing for that one. I dont think another facedesk gif would quite do here.

Note to self, dont eat that.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 11:45 pm

Misery wrote:
xenocity wrote:
This is what I really hate about gaming besides the obsession with graphics.

There are tons of food now made explicitly for hardcore gamers, which you must eat to be taken seriously while not eating casual food(real food).

....what in the world?

....Yeah, I've got nothing for that one. I dont think another facedesk gif would quite do here.

Note to self, dont eat that.

A huge market has developed over the past 10 years that makes food for the hardcore gamers among other things.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 5:33 am

LOL

This game is probably supposed to look tough but it really just looks emo.
:lol:

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 5:44 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
LOL

Agreed

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 5:59 am

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
LOL

Agreed

The creators of Hatred should have just made a sequel to Shadow the Hedgehog.

Where's that DAMN fourth chaos emerald?

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/