Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 10:57 pm

I find myself over analyzing things all the time. Currently I will need to find a different job because mine is being outsourced. I have been researching how to write a resume. I have made probably fifty different versions of my resume. Every time I think I have written the final one I read something else and make a new one. I think about it frequently and it is now to the point that I think it is causing me mental difficulties. I'm lacking sleep and find myself very distracted by it. Is this normal for people on the Spectrum?

- Edgar Allan Poe -

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 11:10 pm

I have heard that it is. I can get so caught up in over-analysing things, or trying to figure things out, that I end up melting down in frustration and hitting my head. It can be a vicious cycle. I have to force myself to shift my focus onto something else.

Blender
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Dec 2014, 11:17 pm

I do this as well. I can get so focused on what ever it is I'm stuck on, that I go over it over and over. I have trouble getting to sleep, or concentrating at work, or dealing with other people. For me, it usually has to run its course and will go away eventually on its own over time.

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 11:30 pm

I will stop analyzing resume making when I get another job. By then I will become an expert on resume writing. In the mean time it is really affecting my sleep. I really wish my brain had a switch that I could turn it off with.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 12:18 am

I do that, too. When it happens, I cannot do anything else. It gets very stressful. I get a tight tingling sensation around my head. I was told that it's OCD.

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 12:30 am

I over-analyze most things in life. It can be pretty exhausting.