Do you ever feel jealous of other people's normal Lives?

Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 2:23 am

Where I live, normal is having a tribe of kids (often to a range of fathers) that are left to go feral while the parents get off their faces by any means possible and abuse anyone within range for amusement.
So yeah, I'm pretty happy with my abnormal life.

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2014, 2:47 am

No such thing as a normal life

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 3:33 am

no "normal" life but there is a life that most upper-middle class people lead, versus the life of the rest of the 99%. some people lead wonderful lives, most of us lead somewhat less than wonderful lives.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 4:04 am

auntblabby wrote:
no "normal" life but there is a life that most upper-middle class people lead, versus the life of the rest of the 99%. some people lead wonderful lives, most of us lead somewhat less than wonderful lives.

'tis the season and all..

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2014, 4:07 am

auntblabby wrote:

Upper middle class people have their own share of unhappiness, suffering, mental illness and everything else that makes the 99% "normal". People with money and resources, however, can use money to make sure their dysfunctions do not climb out of the closet. The rest of us live in the closet. Everyone has something in their life that would or could shock or surprise people who know us but don't have 24/7 hour access to us. Everyone knows a "perfect" family, but every "perfect" family has darkness.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 4:20 am

chagya wrote:
Upper middle class people have their own share of unhappiness, suffering, mental illness and everything else that makes the 99% "normal". People with money and resources, however, can use money to make sure their dysfunctions do not climb out of the closet. The rest of us live in the closet. Everyone has something in their life that would or could shock or surprise people who know us but don't have 24/7 hour access to us. Everyone knows a "perfect" family, but every "perfect" family has darkness.

the thing about $$$$$$$, is that it can buy some extra distance from unhappiness. most of us lacking $$$$$$$ are forced to live up close and personal with unhappiness.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 5:05 am

auntblabby wrote:
chagya wrote:

the thing about $$$$$$$, is that it can buy some extra distance from unhappiness. most of us lacking $$$$$$$ are forced to live up close and personal with unhappiness.

This reminds me of a classic chicken/egg question.. which comes first? Money or happiness?

IMO, happiness. Money follows after that. Get healthy & happy and then money comes much more easily - it has for me, anyways. Even though I'm not making a high income I've managed to make and save more than ever before over the last year or so and am only looking up on all accounts - happier, healthier, wealthier.