Do you ever feel jealous of other people's normal Lives?

Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

eleventhirtytwo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Dec 2014, 8:51 pm

I recently found myself feeling jealous of a guy that always seems so relaxed and at peace with himself/the world...

22, entrepreneurial and diagnosed with High Functioning Autism, ADHD, OCD and Tourettes. Also have problems with Anxiety, and more recently depression, although I seem to returning to my optimistic self =)

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 8:55 pm

Vertetuesi wrote:
Adele_ wrote:
No because they live a lie.

I can't believe nobody's asked Adele what she means by this. Please explain!

Probably referring to how NTs are usually much more phony/fake in general that autistics are(the internet is proof of that). Doesn't necessarily mean "they live a lie" though. She was just being overly-dramatic. lol

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 2:05 pm

I used to feel that way when my symptoms were strong.

Now that I have myself under control, I haven't really felt that way much since I'm well on my way to a "normal" life. Sure, many of my friends are married with families of their own and all that.. so there's still a bit of jealousy there, however, I'm pretty content following a bit of a different path as I have different goals for myself. Eventually I'll have the type of relationship and life and so on that I'm working hard towards, and if it takes me longer than others to get it.. I'll just appreciate it more. 8)

Butterfiend
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2014, 2:46 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

Now that I have myself under control, I haven't really felt that way much since I'm well on my way to a "normal" life. Sure, many of my friends are married with families of their own and all that.. so there's still a bit of jealousy there, however, I'm pretty content following a bit of a different path as I have different goals for myself. Eventually I'll have the type of relationship and life and so on that I'm working hard towards, and if it takes me longer than others to get it.. I'll just appreciate it more. 8)

That's a good outlook actually.

AQ Score:44

Feel free to PM me for any reason at all. I like to talk to people online.

"I do not know what I am, and soon it may not matter." -Mewtwo.

"Time passes, people move. Like a river’s flow, it never ends." - Sheik

"I'm not popular enough to be different." -Homer Simpson

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 2:50 pm

I can feel jealous of those, who dared pursue their goals more steady, than I did and who went their own original way with confidence, because theirs were stronger/not damaged, - but that has nothing to do with AS/NT.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 2:51 pm

Butterfiend wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

yes, some folk are able to see the big pile of barnyard bouffant and say, "there has GOT to be a pony for me under all that!" :alien:

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 3:11 pm

Yes, occasionally I am jealous of those who made better decisions than I did, it’s a fleeting feeling though, I don’t want to live as they do and I wouldn’t be able to maintain the outer image required to avail of the benefits of equivalent decisions. I’ll pursue different opportunities, personally sustainable ones.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 3:50 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Butterfiend wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

yes, some folk are able to see the big pile of barnyard bouffant and say, "there has GOT to be a pony for me under all that!" :alien:

^ Thanks! I try to keep a positive outlook about life/love/relationships. I have some absolutely fantastic friends in my life and don't need to fill any sort of void like that at all. As for a sex life, I can get laid with ease - which is what makes it somewhat undesirable.. and why I'm on the lookout to meet & date someone instead, with the intent of eventually having a real relationship. Someday I'll meet the right someone at the right time and those things will fall into place when they're meant to. 8) Perhaps not dating anyone at the moment is more ideal for me than I realize.. it's allowing me to focus on my health, my future career & business goals, sports & recreation pursuits, learning etc and so on. I'm certainly not wasting any of the time I'm not dedicating to someone else in my life!

lol nice way to phrase it.. and even though I'm a very straight acting/looking masculine guy, I am gay, so I kinda hope it looks like this:

:P

Butterfiend
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Dec 2014, 5:37 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Butterfiend wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

^ Thanks! I try to keep a positive outlook about life/love/relationships. I have some absolutely fantastic friends in my life and don't need to fill any sort of void like that at all. As for a sex life, I can get laid with ease - which is what makes it somewhat undesirable.. and why I'm on the lookout to meet & date someone instead, with the intent of eventually having a real relationship. Someday I'll meet the right someone at the right time and those things will fall into place when they're meant to. 8) Perhaps not dating anyone at the moment is more ideal for me than I realize.. it's allowing me to focus on my health, my future career & business goals, sports & recreation pursuits, learning etc and so on. I'm certainly not wasting any of the time I'm not dedicating to someone else in my life!

lol nice way to phrase it.. and even though I'm a very straight acting/looking masculine guy, I am gay, so I kinda hope it looks like this:

:P

Not sure what Rainbow Dash has to do with your post. but ok.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 6:18 pm

Butterfiend wrote:

it was [I believe] a reference to my comment, "...there has got to be a pony underneath all that [stuff]."

Butterfiend
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Dec 2014, 7:00 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Butterfiend wrote:

it was [I believe] a reference to my comment, "...there has got to be a pony underneath all that [stuff]."

oh ok, I thought he was somehow was saying Rainbow Dash was homosexual. :|

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 7:03 pm

Butterfiend wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Butterfiend wrote:

well, jerry falwell [RIH] thought tinky winky was gay.

CloverDiamond5
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2014, 7:21 pm

Yes I do. But sometimes I think of the social psychologist's quote "What's so great about being normal?" though I think I've grown up to be a "normal" or NT late bloomer.
It all depends on life's circumstances. I enrolled in an ASD program and may get a job in the new year. Also
I have a couple of friends (just like the school system required of me) and I'm in the process of starting a relationship for short-term dating.

SIDWULF
Raven
Raven

22 Dec 2014, 9:24 pm

Its all so foreign to me

When i see pictures of people with their friends having fun i feel nothing... its frusturating not being able to relate

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 9:28 pm

it is like I missed the starting gun of the human race, and by the time I was able to start moving the bus was long-gone and the race was long over and the original venue was paved over into a parking lot and it was all long-ago forgotten.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 1:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
Butterfiend wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Butterfiend wrote:

well, jerry falwell [RIH] thought tinky winky was gay.

I don't think Rainbow Dash is homosexual.

It was a joke.. referencing the rainbow as a gay symbol.

I'm not exactly a rainbows & my little ponies kind of guy lol, so yeah, it was just a joke.