Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2005, 12:24 pm

I have my levels:

1. tolerance and just shaking my head in befuddlement
2. frustration (anger going on the rise)
3. enraged (BEEP, BEEP, BEEP... MELTDOWN... EVACUATE!)

Of course, being completely enraged wears me out incredibly fast so it usually won't last more than a couple minutes maximum. And usually it is over very little things, but all of these little frustrations happening together.

Has anyone ever felt like roaring at that stage? I mean, sometimes I wish I could roar like a lion. But then I get even angrier if I try to because it is never as loud as I wished it would be.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2005, 2:35 pm

The problem with rappers is that they are thugs that promote guns and CRAP ones at that. Come on, they promote the Glock 17. It is a pathetic wee-man pistol. However, some rock stars are wankers (such as the Norwegian black metallers and some of the nu-metallers).

On my final note, an oxymoron:
Rap music.

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2005, 2:59 pm

I don't have the time to hate every last person that is ignorant and stupid. Hate is the biggest waste of time next to cable news networks.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

Neon_Knight
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 May 2005, 5:07 pm

TAFKASH wrote:

Incorrect - rap or "hip hop" or whatever else you want to call it (I prefer the term "filth" myself) is all, without exception, appalling, worthless and beating-worthy, and is listened to by the musically incapable only..... Its just bare fact, I'm afraid - deal with it! :wink:

Exactly.

And let's face it, all these hip-hoppers are PIMPS!

They used their earnings from pimping to get into the music industry, and they use the music industry to promote their pimping lifestyles.

Just watch the absolute filth on Channel U (the pimp music channel) on Astra2_Euro and you will know exactly what I am talking about .

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2005, 7:12 pm

Quote:
Has anyone ever felt like roaring at that stage? I mean, sometimes I wish I could roar like a lion. But then I get even angrier if I try to because it is never as loud as I wished it would be.

My family has a history or roaring.

My grandad does it, My sister does it, and my Mum does it.

At one stage mum had me cowering in the corner with tears streaming down my face last year for accidently dropping an earring down the sink, and removing the pipe to retrieve it.

My sister was kicked out of the house for a few days at 15 because of her temper. And Grandad says really nasty things when angry.

Dad more just yells, but he's huge and it frightens me. I don't yell or roar at all. I just b***h.

If you mean screaming with frustration, I do that. At times I just want to go out onto the landing at work and scream.

Quote:

I wouldn't go that far...

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2005, 8:15 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't go that far...

Well, I can assure that all those "check out ma' hoes" lyrics are not advertising their garden supplies businesses..... :wink:

Seriously though folks - most of these rappers are just petty thugs that get lucky, that's all.... I doubt many of them would have the nous to do anything as organised as pimping.....

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2005, 8:41 pm

Captain_Brain wrote:
ghotistix - what is PDD-NOS?

When you have a few symptoms of AS (or some other ASD) but not enough to be diagnosed, you have Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified.

Some more info

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2005, 8:05 am

I hate rap music because it was created by petty criminals who terrorised their neighbourhoods and it promotes crime and being a mysoginist/wife beater.

I hate black metal because it is sung by neo-nazi Norwegian satanists who have burnt down many valuable churches.

I hate disco music because it is soooo camp that many camp people dislike it.

I hate modern RnB as it is nothing like the original music which had guitars, brass instruments and generally resembled jazzy rock 'n' roll.

AND THEN I CRIED.

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

04 May 2005, 1:57 am

Malcolm_Scipo wrote:
I hate rap music because it was created by petty criminals who terrorised their neighbourhoods and it promotes crime and being a mysoginist/wife beater.

That is absolutely incorrect and equally as pathetic.

Here's a quote from a hiphop song:

"Media got the facts distorted, makin scapegoats of every black youth on the corner".

"Rap" began in the '70s from the abused and mistreated children of the slaves brought over from Africa to America by some evil psychos who deserve to get "gangbanged" etc.

True, NWA began a bad trend of "gangsta rap" but who cares? The sh!t that these people had (and have) to deal with when growing up would turn anybody into a violent man.

And this "trend" would've died out if not for the everpresent market of angsty teenage boys from all walks of life - ie it's the big boys in the boardroom who keep this sh!t coming. It also lets the honkies nod their heads in their poor ignorant minds at the confirmation of beliefs shoved down their overextended throats.

Before that the "violent" rap came from Public Enemy who Justify it with the facts.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2005, 7:17 am

Quote:

I roar once a week. It's a controlled roar focused on my little brother, and he knows when it's coming most of the time. I wait for him to piss me off one more time... and BANG. For a good minute or two, I'm practically yelling a rant/lecture at him. It really helps with stress, and it's helpeed me learn how to control my loud voice. As for my brother, he still doesn't listen when I tell him to leave me alone. My grandfather does something like that, but very rarely and a lot more extreme.

Quote:

If Rap was really created by criminals (so says the stereotype), than rock n' roll was really created by Satanists. If that's your opinion of rap, what about Christian rap? There's plenty of decent rap out there, you just have to know where to look. I listen to rap myself, just not very often.

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2005, 11:06 am

KingChaosNinja wrote:
Hate is the biggest waste of time next to cable news networks.

Cable news networks..yea..but i would've thought it was telemarketers

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2005, 12:43 pm

Many of the famous rap stars used to be in gangs and criminals. That is what I mean. I admit it may have been created by people in dire situations, but so was the blues and that is damn good. I just dislike rap music as it thoroughly pisses me off and in my opinion it is crap compared to traditional African music, reggae, blues, true soul and jazz. I do not mind rap stars who actually sing about politics or having a good time THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE CRIME OR THE DEGRADATION OF WOMEN. But most do not appear to do so.

AND THEN I CRIED.