Page 1075 of 1263 [ 20196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1072, 1073, 1074, 1075, 1076, 1077, 1078 ... 1263  Next

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 2:58 pm

Daredevil.
Another marvel superhero film that's not very good. I'd seen it a long time ago and wasen't a huge fan back then either. It has some interesting ideas here and there but it's reputation isn't really undesserved. I initially hated Affleck's performance when I saw it for the first time but now I really feel all the actors are just brought down by awful writing. I heard the director's cut is much better so I might try to find that some day.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 4:25 pm

Kerch wrote:
Daredevil.
Another marvel superhero film that's not very good. I'd seen it a long time ago and wasen't a huge fan back then either. It has some interesting ideas here and there but it's reputation isn't really undesserved. I initially hated Affleck's performance when I saw it for the first time but now I really feel all the actors are just brought down by awful writing. I heard the director's cut is much better so I might try to find that some day.

If you got a chance to watch Batman VS Superman back in 2016,
what did you think of Ben Affleck's performance as Batman?

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 6:29 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Kerch wrote:
Daredevil.

I quite liked it. I thought he made a great Bruce Wayne and Batfleck is my personal favourite cinematic Batman. I know many feel the same way, and issues people have with him usually come down to the characterisation of the character rather than Affleck's performance.
Which makes me sad how he got sad when he heard about the film's reception in that famous interview.

I think the only other film I've seen him in is The Town, which he directed and co-wrote, and I really loved.

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 9:27 pm

Kerch wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Kerch wrote:
Daredevil.

I quite liked it. I thought he made a great Bruce Wayne and Batfleck is my personal favourite cinematic Batman. I know many feel the same way, and issues people have with him usually come down to the characterisation of the character rather than Affleck's performance.
Which makes me sad how he got sad when he heard about the film's reception in that famous interview.

I think the only other film I've seen him in is The Town, which he directed and co-wrote, and I really loved.

Ben Affleck is a great actor, and I could see him being a good Batman, but that movie was terrible

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 9:28 pm

The Gentlemen. Good film with twists and turns in. Charlie Hunnam is great in it

AliceCooper
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Oct 2021, 3:37 am

Love this film!

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2021, 3:54 am

High Fidelity with John Cusak. Can't believe it's over 20 years old now. Very well-done, forgot how much I enjoyed it.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2021, 8:19 am

The Mutations

A 1973 horror sci-fi film. Fairly conventional plot: deranged professor tries to push the frontiers of science, or something of the sort, by creating hybrid human-plant mutations, and gets his inevitable comeuppance. Pretty ridiculous stuff on the whole, but with a handful of genuinely horrific, even disturbing, moments.

Interesting cast, with Donald 'Halloween' Pleasance as the prof, also starring Tom 'Dr Who' Baker and Norwegian 'sex bomb' Julie Ege, who was flavour of the month in the early 1970s and appeared in a number of Hammer films.

The entire film is on YouTube right now:

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2021, 8:37 am

Waking Ned Devine
Fun Irish film

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2021, 3:29 pm

The Kitchen

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 9:39 am

Iron man
Fun Fun Fun

hariboci
Raven
Raven

03 Oct 2021, 3:27 pm

"Recently" is a too broad term for me as I binge watch movies (a few per every evening). But these were the ones I really liked:
Supernova (2020)
Another Round (Druk - 2020)
Shang-Chi
Green Book (2018)
Citizen Kane (1941)
Tsotsi (2005)
Blue Kite (1993)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 7:45 pm

Freaky.

Very funny horror comedy where a nerdy girl switches bodies with a serial killer. Brainless fun.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 8:46 am

Skyscraper.
Fun

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 3:07 pm

The Invisible Ray

My NT sister found a DVD copy at a library near our home.

We watched it together with our mom and we enjoyed it very much.

This is a horror movie classic that stars Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 8:42 pm

Berserk!

A British film made in 1967. Joan Crawford is the owner of a circus in which the performers are being bumped off by a person or persons unknown. She was in her sixties by then, but still goes around in a pair of hot pants half the time. Also starring Diana Dors, Britain's answer to Marilyn Monroe in the 1950s - she famously became grossly overweight and lost her looks in early middle-age, but is still very presentable here.

The film is often panned, but it's quite entertaining if you don't take it too seriously (and how could you?). The last few minutes will strain the credulity of just about any viewer.