Page 828 of 1262 [ 20188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 825, 826, 827, 828, 829, 830, 831 ... 1262  Next

Ms.Berg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 5:40 pm

Christopher Nolan`s "Dunkirk". A good movie from my point of view. Starring lovely Mark Rylance in an inspiring role. The movie makes me think what men or young boys really, have gone through in wars throughout history. The film put me in the mood for more information on second world war so I begun watching a documentary (World war 2 in colour) but haven`t finished it yet.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 8:11 am

Field of dreams
Classic. I loved this movie as a kid.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 10:51 pm

Billionaire Boys Club.

Not a great movie, but hardly the worst. While I have no doubt that the spoiled rich kids who were involved with Joe Hunt's get-rich-quick scams were hardly as innocent and dupes as portrayed in the Judd Nelson TV movie - there was plenty of evil to go around - I also hardly think Hunt was the well meaning kid with his head under water, either, or who wasn't really responsible for the two murders he's now serving time with. Still, an interesting different perspective on a real life tale of out of control greed.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 7:53 am

Billy Madison

huimaa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2018, 9:00 am

Spectre, the newest Bond movie was on TV so I watched that. Was in movie theater to see it too - it was boring then and boring still.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 3:28 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
Eastern Promises

A brutal Russian mafia crime thriller directed by David Cronenberg and starring Naomi Watts and Viggo Mortensen. This was a slick, well-produced, violent flick that sheds a little light upon an underground Russian criminal network.

Good one.

Agreed. Just saw it.

Eastern Promises

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 10:26 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Billy Madison

What is your opinion, Brother Cecil?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 9:48 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Billy Madison

What is your opinion, Brother Cecil?

Stupid fun.

Ms.Berg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 4:14 am

While caring for my health I watched Lost in Translation and found it to be wonderful entertainment for the occasion(sick bed) since it is so calm and not so intense(I found it not to be anyway) or filled with action or drama. It is quiet but yet so interesting/entertaining and amusing. I felt engaged and uplifted and it was a nice experience to follow the characters and care for them. The film managed to make me feel close to them. And I smiled so many times of the underlying humor.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 9:45 am

Ms.Berg wrote:

While caring for my health I watched Lost in Translation and found it to be wonderful entertainment for the occasion(sick bed) since it is so calm and not so intense(I found it not to be anyway) or filled with action or drama. It is quiet but yet so interesting/entertaining and amusing. I felt engaged and uplifted and it was a nice experience to follow the characters and care for them. The film managed to make me feel close to them. And I smiled so many times of the underlying humor.

I'll have to go and watch this.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 8:23 am

Star Trek
2009 version.
I still love it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 1:42 pm

Game Change.

Account of the Obama/McCain Presidential race. Realizing that their candidate, John McCain, will lose the election, Presidential consultant Steve Schmidt (Woody Harrelson) searches for a female star who can be McCain's running mate. Who he comes up with Sarah Palin (Julianne Moore). Only too late does he realize that she lacks basic understanding of international affairs, has little interest in learning about said affairs, becomes paralyzed under stress, and courts the worst populist elements of her party that McCain personally holds in contempt. That very populist element eventually confuses Palin as to who is at the top of the ticket. Based on the real drama behind the scenes of a political campaign.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 4:57 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Ms.Berg wrote:

I'll have to go and watch this.

So will I.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 12:55 am

teeth :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 1:22 am

auntblabby wrote:

How did you like the movie about the vagina dentata?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 1:28 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

How did you like the movie about the vagina dentata?

if you're expecting proust you will be disappointed, but if you dial back your expectations to smokey and the bandit level, you will have a good laugh along with your sig other. :lmao: