verbally abusive 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
physically abusive 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
sexually abusive 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 23

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 3:56 pm

Mine were a bit over protective. my father a mild aspie, I believe. too strict. If they made up their mind I had to do something, they won't change it no matter what. Sometimes insensitive when I was in a lot of physical pain and yelled at me when I wouldnt go to school. I told my mother some neighbors kids were picking on me, and she said it's my fault because I dont make friends.

Still, they took care of me well, almost never hit me, and when they did not hard at all. took me to the hospital when i was sick, and bought me an apartment. they wanted me to go to college, but i couldnt think of anything i wanted to learn, so i didnt go. i never went hungry as a child, and they always got me clothes and anything i needed.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 4:01 pm

I think of them as sea otters.

As in the world was my oyster, shame my parents were sea otters.
They had dreams for me but weren't interested in mine.
They kept up tradition for the sake of avoiding family arguments but they lost their child and eventually their marriage over it.
They were hypocrits that rarely practiced what they preached.
They thought the sun shone out of the pharmas backside and the shrink was a preacher man.

And still so

Last edited by guzzle on 23 Dec 2014, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 4:10 pm

My parents are very serious and strict, I can't open up to them because of that, they're good they never try to hurt me or something like that, they take care of me but I feel very distant and disconnected from my father even though he's nice to me but I never feel close to him, I guess it's because he's always travelling I never really see him, even during my early years it was the same and it feels awkward when he jokes or something because I don't feel I'm used to him even though I wish I could be close to him at least to the same level I am with my mother.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 4:12 pm

Didn't actually vote as there is no option for emotionally abusive...

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 4:25 pm

guzzle wrote:

You had a rough childhood, obviously. that's a shame. Should be given a catalog at birth and asked which parents you chooose, but it doesnt work that way.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 4:26 pm

Zajie wrote:
My parents are very serious and strict, I can't open up to them because of that, they're good they never try to hurt me or something like that, they take care of me but I feel very distant and disconnected from my father even though he's nice to me but I never feel close to him, I guess it's because he's always travelling I never really see him, even during my early years it was the same and it feels awkward when he jokes or something because I don't feel I'm used to him even though I wish I could be close to him at least to the same level I am with my mother.

my father always went to his study and just stayed there, and barely talked to us kids. it's like he was there, but he wasnt.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 5:12 pm

felinesaresuperior wrote:
Zajie wrote:

my father always went to his study and just stayed there, and barely talked to us kids. it's like he was there, but he wasnt.

same here, my father used to just watch TV constantly.
Hardly ever said anything to me growing up.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 7:18 pm

Nobody's sure who my father was----but.....

My mother was verbally, emotionally, and physically abusive. If I was inhalin', I should've been exhalin'; she constantly told me that I was stupid----that what I was doing, was what people did in mental institutions----and on and on and on.....

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

25 Dec 2014, 4:02 am

What kind of parents do we all have? Parents who are stuck in their ways, obstinate, unben Not familiar with equipments, tchtiquesding. Unrelenting. Trying to hald on to everything they knew ( which ha now, by course of time, evolve, Changed. Transformed

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 4:25 am

I may have no/few friends but at least I have loving and caring parents. My father's mother obviously was quite a nagging mother and she kind of ruined the peace of her family. My father wanted to do the opposite. Both my parents are understanding. It's real fun when I go to my country and spend time with them and my sisters.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 4:52 am

felinesaresuperior wrote:
guzzle wrote:

You had a rough childhood, obviously. that's a shame. Should be given a catalog at birth and asked which parents you chooose, but it doesnt work that way.

Nah, some should have the option to be a stillbirth. Then they could opt out alltogether.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 1:56 pm

non-verbal parents should drink alcohol