Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 10:01 am

I am very slow in very many things. At every single job I've had I've been the slowest person, I'm a slow reader, I'm slow at doing schoolwork such as writing reports. The list goes on. Yet I find that very many people are very simple-minded. To some extent there seems to me to be a correlation between simple-mindedness and speed or efficiency. I see the shallowest people performing a hundred different tasks in one day, and rising in ranks at work and everywhere. My mind seems to be so slow as the result of some form of neurosis. It's like simple-minded people's minds are so lacking in substance that they can perform most tasks much more efficiently, kind of like race cars, where you have as little material as possible to get the weight down. My car has so much instrumentation in it that it moves at a snail's speed and can just barely manage to pull its own weight.

Or you can compare it to friction in a machine. With low friction everything operates very smoothly, but that friction is the only way you actually sense anything. No pain no gain. I seem to have a huge amount of friction in the machinery that is my mind. I'm worse than most people at performing mundane tasks.

Last edited by tomato on 24 Dec 2014, 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 10:04 am

You better NOT be calling ME simple-minded! LOL

Seriously....my problem is that I think too fast--and, hence, miss many nuances which I would have gotten if I just thought a little slower.