Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IncredibleFrog
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Dec 2014, 11:22 pm

traven wrote:
sure it won't be on the propaganda-outlet with feeds your addiction to consumerism

I don't really watch tv or listen to popular music. I'm still exposed to it though, living in modern America. What I see of it annoys me.

I do watch movies though. Mostly horror.

Pizzagal3000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2015, 3:21 pm

IncredibleFrog wrote:
traven wrote:
sure it won't be on the propaganda-outlet with feeds your addiction to consumerism

I don't really watch tv or listen to popular music. I'm still exposed to it though, living in modern America. What I see of it annoys me.

I do watch movies though. Mostly horror.

Ever thought about relocating to a different country?I have.

SadButRad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2015, 5:19 pm

One thing that annoys me is that there aren't enough hot men stripping in the media. It's like women aren't expected to be in demand of that. And I don't mean just abs, I personally like to see a little bit of teeny man ass, it's cute.

Also I like to have women heroes, and so far all the women in media are just so goddamn boring and I always am stuck with looking up to men that get all the best acting roles while the women are sidekicks. Yeah their pretty, but were's the action, comedt and were's the baddassery, and I don't mean the kind that involves flashing tits at passing truck vans.

Unlike you, I am a feminist, or rather i agree with alot of feminist theory, especially in relation to the intersectional third-wave movement. Lol don't know why so much stigma is attached to feminism. I think it must be all the radfem terfs and socialite feministas that are getting the spotlight in relation to the movement, which stinks lol.

Pizzagal3000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2015, 1:54 pm

SadButRad wrote:
One thing that annoys me is that there aren't enough hot men stripping in the media. It's like women aren't expected to be in demand of that. And I don't mean just abs, I personally like to see a little bit of teeny man ass, it's cute.

Also I like to have women heroes, and so far all the women in media are just so goddamn boring and I always am stuck with looking up to men that get all the best acting roles while the women are sidekicks. Yeah their pretty, but were's the action, comedt and were's the baddassery, and I don't mean the kind that involves flashing tits at passing truck vans.

Unlike you, I am a feminist, or rather i agree with alot of feminist theory, especially in relation to the intersectional third-wave movement. Lol don't know why so much stigma is attached to feminism. I think it must be all the radfem terfs and socialite feministas that are getting the spotlight in relation to the movement, which stinks lol.

Women create these typical stereotypes we always see day in and day out of themselves. If it bothers you so much, I will suggest to you what my dad always says when I see something on tv I hate: turn it off. :)

We waste potential positive energy by converting it into negative energy when we whine and complain over and over again about things.

If it bothers you that much, you could change it. Its up to you.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 12:55 am

I personally don't understand it, but apparently sex sells everything. From cars to vacuum cleaners to dental floss. Sexy women make it all better. Plus nobody wants to know the real person behind a pretty face, they'd rather they stay an indistinct fantasy object. Did you know Marilyn Monroe was quite intelligent and well read? Most people don't know. She portrayed the stereotype well. It's all about money, power and marketing.

DeeDee327
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
There should be more androgynous females, such as myself...that said I don't really concern myself about whether or not I relate to women on t.v, most t.v nowadays seems to be garbage anyways.

So true! TV equals Brain Rot :P

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 1:13 pm

You should see Kaylee in Firefly. She's a mechanic who's bubbly but brilliant, tomboyish but with a soft side. I liked her a lot.