What's the last book you read/still reading?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 6:02 am

What's it about? Did you like it?

I'm reading 'white oleander', where the twelve year old girl ends up moved from foster home to foster home because her mother's jailed for killing her boyfriend. It's really sad, and there are all those really weird people and strange places she ends up, and all kind of goofy things happening to her. And her mother is narcassistic and a horrible mom.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 7:31 am

I just read a short horror story (a free ebook). A room of an inn that was thought to be haunted turned out to be lived in by a mad killer who was hiding under the bed. It was pretty good.

I was actually reading a paperback (horror/mystery) earlier this month but I couldn't finish it before I left my country. I will resume that book some time next year. It's very good, too.

nikkiDT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2014, 7:51 am

felinesaresuperior wrote:

I'm reading 'white oleander', where the twelve year old girl ends up moved from foster home to foster home because her mother's jailed for killing her boyfriend. It's really sad, and there are all those really weird people and strange places she ends up, and all kind of goofy things happening to her. And her mother is narcassistic and a horrible mom.

That's one of my favorite books. To answer your question, I am reading a book called "Lipstick Jungle". It's about three corporate women living in New York City.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 10:52 am

Oh, I've always wanted to read "White oleander"----I have heard good things about it, and from what you just described, I would like it.

"Lipstick Jungle", I think, is the one from which they made that TV series, with Brooke Shields, in the early 2000s.

I'm not currently reading anything, but some of my favorite books to RE-read, are: "Harry Potter", "Little Women", and "Acceptable Risk". The last one is an EXCELLENT book written by an M.D. It's fictional, but it's one of those books that make you go, "hmmmm". It's about finding-out that some people back in the 1800s didn't store their grains, properly, and therefore made people have hallucinations----even, thought to be "witches". It made me go "hmmm" because what if something like that, TODAY, was causing some people to have ASD symptoms.

ultimafighterbp
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Dec 2014, 2:11 pm

felinesaresuperior wrote:

To answer your question, I'm reading a book called The Boy In The Striped Pajamas which is about a time in World War II where a young boy named Bruno who explores a fenced in area where a concentration camp is and meets a Jewish Boy named Schmeul who is in the concentration camp and where they end up befriending each other. I'm reading it still but it's enough of a tear-jerker to bring tears to my eyes, so I can't that I like it yet. :(