Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Pizzagal3000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2014, 7:50 am

B19 wrote:
Clonazepam banished my anxiety like a wave of a magic wand, with no adverse side effects. This was so remarkable at the time that I was compelled to research everything I could find about it. The most relevant thing I found was a number of studies which told me 1) that a significant proportion of ASD people tend to be deficient in the neurotransmitter GABA from birth and 2) Clonazepam raises levels of GABA in the brain. Certainly worked for me. I stayed on the same dose and made sure that I didn't increase it, and took breaks now and then. For me it was 100% positive, though people are different, one size never fits all. It increased my motivation, zapped my anxiety, and enabled me to achieve goals that I kept procrastinating over.

Yes. I can all share that testimony; that Klonopin seemed to made my anxiety disappear. But for some reason, I still face trauma, confusion, anger, and extreme fear when dealing with my father.
I actually called the abuse hotline on him last night and had a meltdown as I spoke to my bro about why my father made me so mad. I hope my father is in no trouble with the law. Not just for my sake, but his as well. And he has a very sweet dog he needs to continue to care for.

lucy1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2015, 3:57 pm

Clonazepam for me is a magic drug - but I only take it as I needed it. 2mg / day seems pretty high. Only you will know if this drug is helpful. If it helps you to sleep - use it to help you to sleep - but there a better drugs to promote sleep. Clonazepam would not be ideal given it has a long half life. This relates to the time it takes to clear from your body. Half life for Clonazepam is up to 36 hours - meaning 72 hours full clearance from the body. Taking it four hourly creates a build up effect - you don't want this.
Take it only when you feel it can be of benefit.
Effexor really helped myself and my son - taken every day - keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Brains are so complicated - it was foolish for your doctor to state this medication would sort out all your problems.

If you are able to work - without using Clonazepam - you are better not to use clonazepam - if it doesn't work for you.

Clonazepam does slow me up and it can make me more groggy - but my slight grogginess is better than my disabling anxiety. The most I would take in one day would be .5mg.

lucy1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2015, 4:15 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:
Anybody have experience with SSRIs for anxiety? The mechanism by which these are supposed to work seems more in line with something that would be much more appropriate/helpful than benzos.

SNRI's were better for me - SNRI's work on dopamine as well as serotonin. Also make sure you have steady blood sugar levels. A way to ensure this is to eat protein with every meal.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Jan 2015, 2:10 am

I took it several times a day for a over a year & I felt like it didn't have any effect after awhile because I had built up a tolerance; It's meant to be taken occasionally, not daily. I was off it for a few years & was prescribed it for occasional use because I feel claustrophobic like when riding crowded buses. It does help me feel less anxious & less panicky & it helps me sleep if I take it at night but it sometimes kind of make me a tad hyper at 1st if I'm up & when the hyperness wears off I get kind of tired & out of it for abit.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition