Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

NYAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2014, 4:57 pm

I just took Leif Ekblad's "Aspie Quiz" and the first time I took the test, it showed that I was more of an NT than an Aspie. However, a second result showed that I play both ends down the middle (see below).

Now, I have been diagnosed with AS for a good majority of my life, though I've only been aware of it since I was 14. However, I believe that my upbringing had more to do with possessing NT traits, even though I exhibit some traits in social situations.

My question after all that is: Can an AS be able to pose as NT? I'm sure I'm opening quite a different, albeit shopworn can of worms in re the AS vs NT debate.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:05 pm

You failed to read that Aspie Quiz is not diagnostic tool for autism, but a neurodiversity test. :roll:

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:11 pm

rdos wrote:
You failed to read that Aspie Quiz is not diagnostic tool for autism, but a neurodiversity test. :roll:

Now please tell that to the people who diagnose themselves with autism because they got 198/200 on the AQ test, etc.

(IB4 cries of "But I spent 20 years intensively researching and reading before I self-diagnosed myself with autism!")

PS: Although I "passed" the AQ test, I didn't think that much of it as a test. I think it sets the bar too low for an ASD and chucks in a few weird and irrelevant questions. Also in every autistic online test I have tried, there are always some questions I cannot answer easily or at all - if I was doing it under the wing of a suitably-qualified psychiatrist, I could at least ask them to elaborate or provide concrete examples, so that hopefully I can answer the ambiguous questions better.

Last edited by NiceCupOfTea on 26 Dec 2014, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:13 pm

Maybe it should be rename Neurodiversity Quiz.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:13 pm

^ AQ test is scored out of 50.

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:20 pm

DeepHour wrote:

Oh crap. What's the quiz that's scored out of 200 and people post pretty pictures of spider-web graphs of the results? Hang on while I try to find out...

Edit: Yeah okay. I see the confusion now. The 200-question test is called the Aspie Quiz and the 50-question test is called the Autism-Spectrum Quotient, or AQ for short. So, same initials for two different tests.

Last edited by NiceCupOfTea on 26 Dec 2014, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:21 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
Maybe it should be rename Neurodiversity Quiz.

The scores have changed to "neurodiverse score", and you get "very likely neurodiverse" when you score high. There is no need to change the name of the quiz itself though. And it is still a good predictor of autism, it just doesn't only address the dysfunctional parts.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:22 pm

NiceCupOfTea wrote:
DeepHour wrote:

Oh crap. What's the quiz that's scored out of 200 and people post pretty pictures of spider-web graphs of the results? Hang on while I try to find out...

It's the one referred to in the post. :wink:

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:24 pm

NiceCupOfTea wrote:
Now please tell that to the people who diagnose themselves with autism because they got 198/200 on the AQ test, etc.

I don't care. I have no faith in psychiatric diagnoses at all. They are just random collections of traits given random acronyms.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:25 pm

NiceCupOfTea wrote:
DeepHour wrote:

I've always known it as the rdos test.

My latest score was 120/200, for what that's worth.

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:28 pm

rdos wrote:
NiceCupOfTea wrote:
DeepHour wrote:

It's the one referred to in the post. :wink:

I've got it now, mate >_> (See my last post)

Quote:
I don't care. I have no faith in psychiatric diagnoses at all. They are just random collections of traits given random acronyms.

Huh? Does this mean you don't agree with any official diagnosis of autism or mental illness that's given? What about self-diagnosis? (Let's start up this fresh and exciting debate again... >.>)

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 5:36 pm

NiceCupOfTea wrote:
Huh? Does this mean you don't agree with any official diagnosis of autism or mental illness that's given? What about self-diagnosis? (Let's start up this fresh and exciting debate again... >.>)

Correct. I don't. I've run enough different test for DSM "disorders" to know they are just random collection of traits. If they had any relevance, they should not all correlate with each others, rather be independent. Autism, of course, is the biggest offender of them all, which is why Aspie Quiz gives a very good prediction of it without using anything from the official criteria. Also, autism criteria is composed of at least 3 independent categories.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 8:10 pm

I self-diagnose myself as a nut!

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 8:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I self-diagnose myself as a nut!

LOL. Can we have a thread that discusses whether it's ok to self-diagnose as a nut?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 8:41 pm

I think it would be an uproarious thread!

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 9:04 pm

I'll give this nut debate a bump.

"You don't look like a nut."