Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 9:00 pm

Are they painful/itchy, or are they annoying in some other way? I'm wondering because I never wear shirts with tags, my mom says I didn't like them as a kid and would occasionally get mad at them but I don't know why.

- Sherlock Holmes

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 9:14 pm

For the most part, they don't bother me. However, I have encountered some tags that were fairly stiff that quickly became highly aggravating.

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 11:37 pm

I seem to remember clothing tags bothered me quite a bit when I was a young child and that my mother had to cut them off sometimes. They don't bother me that much nowadays but there are exceptions and then they're mostly itchy and just generally annoying.

QuiversWhiskers
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 11:47 pm

Tags don't bother me much anymore and they didn't need to be cut from my clothes when I was younger. There are some I've had to not wear because of the tag. I felt guilty cutting out tags. I was taught not to do that because then the size was a mystery to others.

I am more bothered by some stretchy knit materials and seams. They make me itch.

Defies categorization. A mixed bag.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 11:54 pm

They bother me so much, I might even ruin the clothing by not being careful at it when removing it. I don't want a clothing tag constantly scratching or poking me on endless hours whenever I move. Even the tag isn't new or 'sharp' to become itchy, it still bothers me.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 12:16 am

I have to cut all tags off any clothing I wear. Plus, certain materials my skin is very sensitive too as well so I have to be picky when I shop for clothes.

Verinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Dec 2014, 8:22 am

My son chops off all clothing tags before wearing anything as he finds them extremely uncomfortable. My other son who also has Aspergers doesn't even notice them.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 8:43 am

A tag is scratchy and itchy. I could compare it to a bug walking on your skin. The feeling makes you want to flick it.

It's not painful but it's annoying.
It stays there no matter what you do. You move - it moves with you. You stay still - it irritate a single spot on your skin, constantly. You try to get it away from your skin or cover it with another piece of clothing - but it is back at spot as soon as you move and your cloth gets back to it's natural shape.

The only way to get rid of it for good is cutting it off.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 9:16 am

As long as the tag is made of fairly soft fabric, I don't have much of a sensory problem with it. A well-meaning partner once removed the tags from my t-shirts, but it did more harm than good. The tag allows me to quickly tell the back from the front, so it took longer for me to put a t-shirt on the right way round, which was more annoying than the sensory issue had ever been.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 9:52 am

They are like being incessantly bitten/scratched by something that causes your skin to burn and itch....like an infected cut mixed with an allergic rash, plus the constant biting/scratching sensation.

Love transcends all.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 12:08 pm

They tickle and scratch me until I get quite hot and angry. I've ripped tops taking them off quickly, and not cared. Now I usually remove all bar the satin care labels, it really depends on how much stiffener was used to coat the label, or the finish/stitching or material the tag is made from.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 12:22 pm

Most of the shirts I buy these days do not come with tags. Generally, the tags only bother me, if I feel them when I move. When I do (feel them), I simply cut them off. So, effectively, it becomes a non-issue.

My feet are quite sensitive as well. I have a heck of a time buying comfortable shoes that "feel right". Because of this, I tend to wear the same brand/style of shoe (I have been wearing one particular style for almost 30 years). About a year ago, I had purchased a new pair of tennis shoes (same style/brand as before) and noticed that it didn't "feel right". I looked at the tag and, sure enough, it was same shoe, but manufactured in a different country.

actionplay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2014, 12:23 pm

I don't always cut them off-but as a kid, I had to. Now it depends on how much sleep I've had. If I'm really tired Im wearing the softest most non-judgemental clothes that I own.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 7:43 pm

For some strange reason I find clothing tags repulsive when I see one. I can't bear having a tag sticking out, which is why I cut them out (trying not to gag whilst cutting them out). I can't bear them sticking out on other people either, but I don't like to say anything. I often wish one of the stupid social standards was to not have any clothing tags on show, a bit like the rule 'don't wear sandals with socks'.

I don't know why clothing tags make me feel physically sick. You know how some people feel when they see blood? I feel the same way when I see a clothing tag. It has for a long time, ever since I was a small child. I will never know why. It doesn't seem to bother anyone else I've ever met, even other Aspies that I know. It just seems to be another unique Me thing with no logical explanation. A bit like the way I've always hated people going 'sshh' to me, but going 'be quiet!', no matter how rude it's said to me, doesn't bother me at all. I'm so weird.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 9:14 pm

They vary from just being itchy to feeling like something is biting me.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 9:44 pm

Itchy, but I am still too lazy to cut them off, and when cutting them off, there is always the problem of a frayed edge, which would bother me knowing about it being frayed than the ackshul itching, so I keep all my clothing tags on my clothes.