Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 2:22 pm

Art has always been about creating a sacred space in which to go, another world that I could spend hours and hours exploring. A world of my own, you could call it, and I really found a lot of comfort and peace exploring this world.

Some people think art just amounts to illustrating in order to sell stuff and achieving commercial success. Technical skill is all that matters but there is a much more important meaning to the human psyche when we create. We are helping our own minds.

What do you all think of art? What kind of importance does it hold for us all?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 5:11 pm

Well.. for ONE thing.. if one looks around at the Universe around one.. minus the abstract constructs of humans.. including words.. and other byproducts of human complex culture.. I personally 'think'.. NO.. 'see'.. ART in the TAPESTRY OF GOD THAT IS ALL THAT IS aka Mother Nature True...

If one can imagine one's ancestors.. likely.. with only tools.. like sticks in hands.. sketching lines and angles of stars connecting in sky.. over years.. and years.. to make the alphabets we have.. NOW...

YES.. So yes.. even in letters and words and even NUMBERS.. IT ALL STARTS AS ART.

TIME goes by and the message of that TRUTH IS SADLY LOST.. for some.. in the creative spirit that once was human being AS overall driving force of life...

BUT for those who take 'clothes' of culture off.. THEY CAN AND DO embrace ART for what it truly is AS LOVE.. NAH.. not the touchy feely stuff.. OF GOD.. BUT YAH.. THE TOUCHY FEELY STUFF THAT IS 'US' AS BOTH CREATED AND CREATIVE FORCE AS PART OF ONE FORCE OF God of TAPESTRY OF ALL THAT IS....

So yes.. now.. as the prehensile thumb is necessary FIRST to grasp thE stickS and draw the lines in sand that is now our COMMUNICATive FORCE ONLINE..

DIGIT OF ART BECOMES ONE..2.. in bits and bytes as well..;)

AND YES.. STILL.. some of 'US' TAKE ADVANTAGE of what can be the ALL NATURAL BLISS of HUMAN CREATIVE art more than others.. even YES.. online.. OPPOSED AT TIMES TOO.. PER THOSE who may be dead in ways of body.. mind.. heart.. soul.. spirit.. and beyond of what ART OF GOD CAN BE.. in each human life.. as tapestry flow of greater potential awareness of WHAT LIFE CAN BE AND WILL be AS IS ONE CREATIVE FORCE working together with other ones too...:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 6:18 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Art has always been about creating a sacred space in which to go, another world that I could spend hours and hours exploring. A world of my own, you could call it, and I really found a lot of comfort and peace exploring this world.

I love to write, fact or fiction. And the research is easily half the fun, especially with fiction. But when I'm doing the writing part, I get so lost in it - it's like the characters come alive and I'm just the conduit.

Whenever I tell people this, the first response is usually a question or comment regarding publishing. It would be nice to publish, but my greatest joy is being in that "sacred space" you talk about, while writing.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm

^^^
i agree.. it is the journey that is worthwhile over the goal.. of practice as perfection and never perfection as practice..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick