Page 1 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Dec 2014, 8:34 pm

When the subject racism is on the meny, the talk is always about white males being the attacker.

How come? Is only white males racists?

And if so, what can we do about it? Is all white males racists? 50 %? 10 %?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 8:42 pm

It is only fear of being labelled racist or sexist that keeps most men from pointing out the facts that non-whites can be racists and females can be sexist.

I was once banned by a female moderator from a well-known website for trying to point out that certain posts made by female members of that website were blatantly sexist in nature.

I was once threatened with court-martial for pointing out that certain statements made by an African-American male against whites were racist.

In both cases, I have been fully vindicated.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2014, 8:46 pm

Arabs are worse, actually. White men in most western countries have greater power. Whether you like it or not, that power comes with responsibility. This notion is part of what distinguishes us from savages.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 8:50 pm

No, there are plenty of racist people who are not white males...And I imagine most white males aren't racist.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 8:52 pm

Persimmonpudding wrote:
Arabs are worse, actually. White men in most western countries have greater power. Whether you like it or not, that power comes with responsibility. This notion is part of what distinguishes us from savages.

And by 'savages' you are referring to who?

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2014, 9:14 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Persimmonpudding wrote:

Those who do not regard an advantaged position as a position of responsibility. In some places even in our own culture, the homeless and individuals with mental illnesses, such as autism, are put into prisons instead of being given a leg-up. If you were born with privileges that another was not, I do not accept you as distinguished from a head-hunting jungle-bunny if you do not regard yourself as responsible for helping and showing toleration toward those less blessed than yourself.

Z35TYL3M0N
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2014, 9:21 pm

No, but unfortunately some very left-wing people seem to think so and it gives all liberals a bad name. Basically they should shut up.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 9:25 pm

Persimmonpudding wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Persimmonpudding wrote:

Those who do not regard an advantaged position as a position of responsibility. In some places even in our own culture, the homeless and individuals with mental illnesses, such as autism, are put into prisons instead of being given a leg-up. If you were born with privileges that another was not, I do not accept you as distinguished from a head-hunting jungle-bunny if you do not regard yourself as responsible for helping and showing toleration toward those less blessed than yourself.

hmm that makes sense I suppose.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 9:32 pm

Z35TYL3M0N wrote:
No, but unfortunately some very left-wing people seem to think so and it gives all liberals a bad name. Basically they should shut up.

Or maybe people should quit taking the worst people out of a group to create stereotypes to be applied to the entire group...thus allowing a couple bad eggs to give the entire group a 'bad name'. But humans will be humans.

Z35TYL3M0N
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2014, 9:48 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Z35TYL3M0N wrote:

Or maybe people should quit taking the worst people out of a group to create stereotypes to be applied to the entire group...thus allowing a couple bad eggs to give the entire group a 'bad name'. But humans will be humans.

Come on...I specifically wrote that response against part of a group of people that holds a prejudice. I'm centre-left politically myself.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 10:06 pm

Only in the view of politically correct liberals. MSNBC is swarming with them.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 10:20 pm

Every word from the mouth (keyboard) of white males is either racist or sexist.
I think that's a law.

Nothing from anyone else can ever be racist or sexist.
I think that's a subparagraph.

And... duuuuuh!!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 10:25 pm

Z35TYL3M0N wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Z35TYL3M0N wrote:

Come on...I specifically wrote that response against part of a group of people that holds a prejudice. I'm centre-left politically myself.

hmm even so even the fact there are people who think only white males can be racist, proves that people take the worst of a group to create a strereotype to apply to the whole group. Was not really saying you where creating a stereotype based on that..but the fact a couple bad eggs gives a whole group a bad name is still an issue, why should that be the case? If that makes sense.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 10:35 pm

Of course not.

-Anglo-Saxon master race signing in

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 11:06 pm

when I was in the army, I was the only non-dark-skinned person in my duty section 'cept for the NCOIC and OIC [both white/jewish]. to my coworkers I was just a "cracker" or "peckawood" [even though I'm Asian and not white]. there was one latino who would talk to me and listen to me. but other than him, I was persona non grata basically because I was not black and not do to anything I said or did to my coworkers, I mean this treatment was from the first day of my permanent party. so I was made aware then, that racism takes many forms.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 11:21 pm

I was Casper the Ghost and Powder to all the black dudes on the ball teams I knew.

I just called 'em f*****s.

Everyone seemed to be happy.