Page 7 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 1:37 am

^^^^
why pay attention to those people? let us just concentrate our thoughts on the people like us who deserve our thoughts? let those other people keep wasting their own time chasing after demons that don't exist, that isn't our affair.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 1:47 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^^
why pay attention to those people? let us just concentrate our thoughts on the people like us who deserve our thoughts? let those other people keep wasting their own time chasing after demons that don't exist, that isn't our affair.

I know we should, but just as if someone who is hated by racists, you can't help but think negative thoughts back at them. Plus, there are autism deniers who claim we're faking it or are spoiled, overgrown children, and unfortunately they sometimes get elected to office, or can spout their bigotry over the airwaves like Michael Savage.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 1:59 am

^^^^
I would not want to be those people when "what goes 'round comes 'round."

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 2:02 am

Nah just about everyone is racist to everyone else.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 2:11 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^^
I would not want to be those people when "what goes 'round comes 'round."

I don't think it'll be soon enough.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 2:12 am

^^^
it will, I believe, be on a grander scale of time than humans can comprehend. that is why I hang onto this dr. seuss quote like a drowning man hangs onto a life vest- "be who you are and say what you feel, because the people who matter don't mind, and the people who mind don't matter."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 2:15 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
it will, I believe, be on a grander scale of time than humans can comprehend. that is why I hang onto this dr. seuss quote like a drowning man hangs onto a life vest- "be who you are and say what you feel, because the people who matter don't mind, and the people who mind don't matter."

Wise words from a wise man.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 2:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^

Wise words from a wise man.

yes, we NEED dr. seuss to be here again.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 3:53 am

Let me ask Mario! Hey Mario can only white males be racists?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 2:46 pm

Definately not.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 4:22 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
When the subject racism is on the meny, the talk is always about white males being the attacker.

That's because the most deadly form of racism in the West right now is police racism, which is mostly directed at black men by white officers.

In some other parts of the world, other forms of police racism might exist. For example, if I ever went to Japan, I would likely have a greater chance of being murdered by the police than an East Asian person would.

People in the West focus on white supremacist racism because it is the most obvious type of racism in the West. That being said, I think that anti-white racism is a huge problem in Japan. The Japanese should be concerned about that.

Quote:
How come? Is only white males racists?

No. Anyone can be racist.

Quote:
And if so, what can we do about it?

The left is already drawing attention to the issue of police racism. People are already doing something about it.

Quote:
Is all white males racists? 50 %? 10 %?

Perhaps some white men have racial prejudices of some sort, but I don't think that most white people are racist to dangerous levels.

Those few white people who are dangerously racist are often cops. That's the source of the problem.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 4:24 pm

Anyone can be a racist. absolutely anyone.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 7:44 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
When the subject racism is on the meny, the talk is always about white males being the attacker.

How come? Is only white males racists?

And if so, what can we do about it? Is all white males racists? 50 %? 10 %?

Anybody who decides to dislike or mistreat people on the basis of race is racist. Anybody of any race or gender could potentially be a racist. When racist ideas and practices are supported by large enough group, they establish system of racial discrimination within a society, and can produce cultural forces that encourage members of the dominant to embrace racism. Since patriarchal European societies had once dominated much of the world, it created a particularly noticeable basis for fostering racism among white men. Although, the advancement of ideas of racial equality in the 19th-21st centuries has significantly reduced racism, there is still an element of racism present in current society. Not all white males are racist, white men are not naturally or inherently racist, and not all racist are white or male.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2018, 12:52 am

my first permanent party army unit was all-black 'cept for me and the NCOIC, and I can tell you they were some racist SOBs :x