Page 6 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,195
Location: USA

01 Jan 2015, 5:22 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Whatever race or gender you are don't be racist that applies to everyone! Dont be racist to black people hispanic people Asian people or Arab people if your white and if your not white dont be racist to white people hispanic people Asian people or Arab people either its all BS we are all human we all began our roots in Africa the fossil record and genetic data proves it so racism is pointless!


auntblabby wrote:
we're all the same color inside.



Racism can be smart.

-For example, they say black people make superior runners because they have the "twitch fibers" in their nerves. That is why most pro receivers, corner backers, defensive backs and running backs are black.

-They also say that black people are inferior at the specific intelligence required to master dynamic play calling and reading defenses -- which is why few pro quarterbacks are black.

A sports coach who can't realize that blacks and whites are different is likely to be out of job soon.

- And Asians dominate in intelligence over all the races.

We are not the same inside.



AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,051
Location: San Jose

01 Jan 2015, 6:08 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Whatever race or gender you are don't be racist that applies to everyone! Dont be racist to black people hispanic people Asian people or Arab people if your white and if your not white dont be racist to white people hispanic people Asian people or Arab people either its all BS we are all human we all began our roots in Africa the fossil record and genetic data proves it so racism is pointless!


auntblabby wrote:
we're all the same color inside.



Racism can be smart.

-For example, they say black people make superior runners because they have the "twitch fibers" in their nerves. That is why most pro receivers, corner backers, defensive backs and running backs are black.

-They also say that black people are inferior at the specific intelligence required to master dynamic play calling and reading defenses -- which is why few pro quarterbacks are black.

A sports coach who can't realize that blacks and whites are different is likely to be out of job soon.

- And Asians dominate in intelligence over all the races.

We are not the same inside.
Steriotype much? :lol:


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,569
Location: Reading, England

01 Jan 2015, 9:31 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Racism can be smart.

-For example, they say black people make superior runners because they have the "twitch fibers" in their nerves. That is why most pro receivers, corner backers, defensive backs and running backs are black.

-They also say that black people are inferior at the specific intelligence required to master dynamic play calling and reading defenses -- which is why few pro quarterbacks are black.

A sports coach who can't realize that blacks and whites are different is likely to be out of job soon.

This isn't quite accurate, particularly wrt. black people being too stupid to play quarterback.

All people have both fast and slow twitch fibres in their muscles. People of West African descent generally have higher proportions of fast twitch fibres than other people given a similar amount of training. However, this doesn't necessarily translate into faster running. There's a reason that the best sprinters are usually Jamaican or American rather than spread all across West Africa and the Caribbean - they have better training, and sprinters are held in high regard culturally.

I would suggest that the reason white people are over-represented amongst quarter backs is that black people are generally faster and shunted off to other positions.

A good sports coach won't discriminate based on race. They'll put players in the positions they are best suited to. If you've got a choice of Akinfenwa or Lemaitre to be your running back, only a fool would pick the black man. Indeed, Moneyball should have taught people that picking people who are perceived to be worse for no real reason is a good idea. Pick the black quarter back and the white running back if they're cheaper and will perform just as well.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 12,502
Location: I'm right here

01 Jan 2015, 12:38 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

Racism can be smart.

-For example, they say black people make superior runners because they have the "twitch fibers" in their nerves. That is why most pro receivers, corner backers, defensive backs and running backs are black.

-They also say that black people are inferior at the specific intelligence required to master dynamic play calling and reading defenses -- which is why few pro quarterbacks are black.

A sports coach who can't realize that blacks and whites are different is likely to be out of job soon.

- And Asians dominate in intelligence over all the races.

We are not the same inside.


Your claims may be true, but that doesn't mean you're understanding what they really mean.

Ultimately demographic groups exist on overlapping bell curves. People of sub-Saharan African descent may tend to possess more 'fast twitch' muscle fibres than people of other ethnicities, but this doesn't mean every single person of sub-Saharan descent will be superior at running compared to others, some will possess more 'fast twitch' muscle fibres than other persons of sub-Saharan descent, some will possess fewer, some will possess so few as to be within the overall average range.

(Also, persons of sub-Saharan descent tend to have longer legs relative to their height compared to the overall average, this also confers a benefit when running...)

The same is true with what you described with people of East Asian descent and intellect. The IQ bell curve for East Asians still overlaps the overall IQ bell curve. Assuming every individual person of East Asian descent will have an elevated IQ due to the population having a slightly higher average is ultimately an unreasonable assumption.

At the end of the day, even though trends and averages exist each individual person needs to be taken on their own merits.


_________________
politics is dumb but very important
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,195
Location: USA

01 Jan 2015, 1:51 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
At the end of the day, even though trends and averages exist each individual person needs to be taken on their own merits.


This thread is not about looking at individuals though; it's about looking at racial groups.

I think most people think black people are superior at sprinting and marathon running. If whites could compete then we not expect such dominance by black runners in every competitive running competition (NBA and NFL, Olympic running sports).

So, racism that expresses "white people can't run" (see numerous articles on google) is accurate - white people are inferior runners to blacks. That is what it seems to me at least.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,845
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Jan 2015, 2:12 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
At the end of the day, even though trends and averages exist each individual person needs to be taken on their own merits.


This thread is not about looking at individuals though; it's about looking at racial groups.

I think most people think black people are superior at sprinting and marathon running. If whites could compete then we not expect such dominance by black runners in every competitive running competition (NBA and NFL, Olympic running sports).

So, racism that expresses "white people can't run" (see numerous articles on google) is accurate - white people are inferior runners to blacks. That is what it seems to me at least.


But each race IS composed of individuals. And seriously, blacks are less intelligent? I have three words for you: Neil DeGrasse Tyson.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2007
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,748
Location: International House of Paincakes...

01 Jan 2015, 3:44 pm

Jacoby wrote:
tall-p wrote:
Racism is much more than racial bigotry, prejudice, discrimination. Racism is about power and prejudice, and bigotry. There is no Black privilege. But try to convince most white people that there IS white privilege, and most won't believe it. The average white family has a bank balance twenty times that of the average Black family. That is the result of racism.

Here is an article that was on many people's ten best essays of 2014 list: The New Racism~
This is how the civil rights movement ends. http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1190 ... se-alabama


Nonsense, apart from the fact that privilege itself is a divisive racist term, the idea of "privilege" really loses all meaning because there infinite forms of in an infinite amount situations and environment. Like me personally, I grew up as a poor going to a majority black school so don't tell me I'm privileged and wasn't a victim of discrimination myself because you're wrong. The entire "white" experience isn't the same as yours and neither is the entire black experience, Peggy MacIntosh the lady who coined this white privilege term listed being being able to arrange to be in the company of the same as yourself #1 on her list white privileges and that's just her experience obviously and has zero relevance to my life. The entire essay is a joke, she's writing about her experience and only hers and most of it has way more to more to do class than it does race. Guess what, I'm not sure when I move that I can live in an area I can afford and want to live and neighbors that are neutral or pleasant to me. I could go thru the entire list but do I have to? When it comes down to it we are all individuals with own strengths, weaknesses, struggles, adversities, and prejudices. Painting all "white people" as some monolithic grouping is the same racist collectivist thinking that is inherent is racism towards blacks.

Racial hatred of any kind is racism, period. End of story.


Dude, you're what we call white trash, so you don't count. :P

The average white person CAN do all those things named in MacIntosh's essay.


_________________
No man is free who is not master of himself.~Epictetus


GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2007
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,748
Location: International House of Paincakes...

01 Jan 2015, 4:22 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Yeah, you know it's white when you don't even have to mention that it's white.


That is exactly right.

I worked with this black guy for about 6 years (we were very good friends).

Early on I picked up on the fact that when he was discussing a white person he did not specify race, but when discussing another black person he ALWAYS specified race...

So, I stopped specifying race AT ALL when discussing people, and he couldn't stand it. He would always stop me and ask the race of the person...

I would answer 'regular' for white or 'black/African American' for black. This became one of our 'in jokes.' We both thought it was pretty funny. But, when we did this 'bit' in front of other people, they would get very uncomfortable. :lol:

I had several white people pull me aside and tell me I shouldn't 'talk that way' in front of my black co-worker.


_________________
No man is free who is not master of himself.~Epictetus


GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2007
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,748
Location: International House of Paincakes...

01 Jan 2015, 4:42 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Utah is arguably one of the "whitest" states in the United States. However, apart from a few media-hyped incidents of racism here, I believe that most Utahns are waaay below the national level of racism. Utah's LDS population (70 percent) is taught to spend two years at about age 19 in other nations (think religious version of Peace Corps). I believe that there are LDS missionaries in every nation on Earth. Many end up marrying spouses from wherever they served. Because of their ability to speak eclectic languages, the U.S. military stations its largest translation services here.

Utah is also the willing recipient of various refuge communities (Vietnamese, Haitian, Kenyan etc.). My neighborhood street includes a Nepalese family, several Latino families, at least two lesbian families, a black family and an Asian family, among others. My Nepalese neighbors have had funeral celebrations and Diwali events. They never let me starve for want of samosas!

All of my friends (white, biracial, whatever) and I just stare blankly when anyone calls us racist. Hehe. It is just too funny for us to think otherwise. A few others buy into the political meme and wear it like a badge of honor. Good luck to them. Racism is a label which just doesn't stick here.


I grew up in an extremely white area. We had literally, two black families in town and two black kids in my class (out of about 220). There were ABSOLUTELY no racial tensions at all, Everyone wanted to be frinnds with the black kids...

I married a girl from the 'next town over.' This is where the Mississippi delta starts. In that town, the racial mix was closer to 70% white and 30% black, and there were HUGE racial problems.

You don't get racial frictions until there's enough of each type to go from a novelty to a full fledged group.

Once there's enough for everyone to "tribe-up," well, that's when the as*holes come out to play and ruin things for everyone.


_________________
No man is free who is not master of himself.~Epictetus


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,195
Location: USA

01 Jan 2015, 7:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
At the end of the day, even though trends and averages exist each individual person needs to be taken on their own merits.


This thread is not about looking at individuals though; it's about looking at racial groups.

I think most people think black people are superior at sprinting and marathon running. If whites could compete then we not expect such dominance by black runners in every competitive running competition (NBA and NFL, Olympic running sports).

So, racism that expresses "white people can't run" (see numerous articles on google) is accurate - white people are inferior runners to blacks. That is what it seems to me at least.


But each race IS composed of individuals. And seriously, blacks are less intelligent? I have three words for you: Neil DeGrasse Tyson.


I never said blacks are less intelligent. I said at the professional level it is noted that black quarterbacks are inferior at the before mention functions. The few black quarterbacks are considered "running quarterbacks" not "thinking quarterbacks" and why none are regarded as the good ones.

I would not act like Neil Degrasse Tyson is that smart, lately, he is cited for fraud. Search "Neil Degrasse Tyson fraud" - he sounds like below 100 IQ to have to engage in such behavior to make himself seem smart. I would not know, but many scientific sites I visit I see people disparaging him because he apparently makes stuff up. This is true on youtube as well as google.

Likewise, I never said white people can't run; they are just inferior at that.

This thread is about racial superiority.



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,770

01 Jan 2015, 8:46 pm

Incidentally, facts are capable of being seen as racist to people.

Something to remember.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,845
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Jan 2015, 9:48 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
At the end of the day, even though trends and averages exist each individual person needs to be taken on their own merits.


This thread is not about looking at individuals though; it's about looking at racial groups.

I think most people think black people are superior at sprinting and marathon running. If whites could compete then we not expect such dominance by black runners in every competitive running competition (NBA and NFL, Olympic running sports).

So, racism that expresses "white people can't run" (see numerous articles on google) is accurate - white people are inferior runners to blacks. That is what it seems to me at least.


But each race IS composed of individuals. And seriously, blacks are less intelligent? I have three words for you: Neil DeGrasse Tyson.


I never said blacks are less intelligent. I said at the professional level it is noted that black quarterbacks are inferior at the before mention functions. The few black quarterbacks are considered "running quarterbacks" not "thinking quarterbacks" and why none are regarded as the good ones.

I would not act like Neil Degrasse Tyson is that smart, lately, he is cited for fraud. Search "Neil Degrasse Tyson fraud" - he sounds like below 100 IQ to have to engage in such behavior to make himself seem smart. I would not know, but many scientific sites I visit I see people disparaging him because he apparently makes stuff up. This is true on youtube as well as google.

Likewise, I never said white people can't run; they are just inferior at that.

This thread is about racial superiority.


Sorry; I just got that vibe from your post.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

01 Jan 2015, 10:05 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Incidentally, facts are capable of being seen as racist to people.

Something to remember.


Reminds me of the controversy on here a few years ago when someone discovered that if you typed "autistic people" into Google, one of the auto-complete suggestions was "need to shut up"... Damned oppressive algorithms keeping us down!


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,845
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Jan 2015, 10:23 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
Incidentally, facts are capable of being seen as racist to people.

Something to remember.


Reminds me of the controversy on here a few years ago when someone discovered that if you typed "autistic people" into Google, one of the auto-complete suggestions was "need to shut up"... Damned oppressive algorithms keeping us down!


Really? The dicks!


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

01 Jan 2015, 10:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Really? The dicks!


I just want to know who is searching for "autistic people need to shut up", I mean what are you looking for with that search string?


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,845
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

02 Jan 2015, 1:35 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Really? The dicks!


I just want to know who is searching for "autistic people need to shut up", I mean what are you looking for with that search string?


Someone tired of WPers? :lol:


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer