Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 11:00 am

I'm wondering what charity has a very good reputation - I'm looking at those charities that help children with 'schooling' and 'food' and the like in 'developing countries.' You know, "for less then a coffee a day" type deal. They are on t.v. all the time.

I'm looking to sponsor some children because I do not have a 'coffee' a day, nor do I smoke, etc., so I want to start helping others.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 12:30 pm

Perhaps one that isnt sponsored by a religious organization that tries to "bribe" converts with food?I personally only donate to animal charities.I think we have enough humans and they need to stop breeding more children then they can feed...but I am just a heartless b%^&*%^ who just prefers things with fur.Nobody should starve to death(even those born furless),so I am glad there are more open-minded people around like you.Just dont sponsor charities who feed the poor children and then encourage them not to use birth control.I think it just perpetuates part of the problem.(the other part being greedy few exploiting the masses and human natures embracing of war)

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 1:11 pm

I actually do not know. I suppose it is noble of you to seek to do this though. :)

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 2:49 pm

I found 'www.worldvision.ca' which seems good. They have all there stats set up and, as suggested, no religious references though they did say 'spiritual.' Problem is, Christians or some other cursed 'church' might get their hands on them. I want NO religious BS because I simply agree.

I just want people to help other people, thats it. I do want them to know of 'spiritual' stuff and to even seek it, I just don't like the idea that religious people would end up doing it since they have 0 idea what 'spiritual' stuff even is. They are more concerned with their propaganda.... argh

Anyways, yes, the world is over populated but they are in the deserts of Africa and the like. I just dare not help anyone in the west because they don't need it

Thanks awesome, I am trying to be more helpful to others instead of just whining about stuff. Its a new page in my book of life :wink: